Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    Swansong is a little too obvious evenif Bond lives.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Typical far right response :p :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't mind the title Shatterhand personally, but it will probably be problematic in central Europe because of the old Euro-western series.

I think it's too insular and self referential for the general public. A bit like Quantum likely to confuse rather than engage.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Typical far right response :p :D

You know me :))
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,546MI6 Agent

Why then have Russian villains when that title is so strongly linked to Blofeld? If it is the Garden of Death story then why the Hodge script, which the 25 May announcement said was an original screenplay and not a rewrite of the Purvis & Wade script?

Is Shatterhand an indication of where Purvis & Wade were going with their script?

I recognise they take elements from the books and use them in the films, but could you really take the name Shatterhand and not involve Blofeld?
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    Shatterhand may be the working title for Bond 25.

If I were Eon I wouldn't want to release the official name too early.
    ggl007 wrote:

This sounds interesting. The part about sets being under construction fits with the Facebook message from.... was it Gareth Owen?
    If the part about shooting in Namibia sounds good - it's time Bond visited that part of the world.
    I wonder how much, if anything, they'll use from that script?
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,968MI6 Agent
    Swansong ?
    Barbel wrote:
    Oh, nice, keeps the one word "S" titles going and foreshadows Bond's death. Not that I think Bond's death is a good idea, of course.
    Number24 wrote:
    Swansong is a little too obvious even if Bond lives.
    it's good because his girlfriends name is Swann and we may be seeing her in this next film
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I think the rumours of Shatterhand being a working title have come from these message boards. When enough people have expressed interest in an idea, some will think it's reality. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not expecting that to be the title nor am I expecting any Fleming story lines to be used.

"When legend becomes fact, print the legend"
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Honestly I know we all have to keep the faith but I cannot wait until there is an official update regarding the films current status. Hopefully it's soon!
    Perhaps a TV director is the way forward in this special situation? They are used to being controlled by showrunners and they're used to working fast. A TV episode of one of the big series is comparable to making a movie these days. A British TV director will make the next Star Wars movie. Here is one suggestion:

Larysa Kondracki is Canadian. She has made three movies, but most of her work is for TV:
    Gotham, Better call Saul, Americans, The walking dead etc.

The fact that she's a woman should give the press something else to write about after Boyle dropping out.
    Michelle MacLaren us another Canadian. She has directed Better call Saul, Westworld, Game of Thrones, The Walking dead, Breaking bad etc.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    I got a sneaky feeling this thread is gonna run and run. Be funny if we're still debating 'Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here' in a year's time and still no Bond 25! :)) Oh boy...
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm reading Yann Demange is the current favourite for Bond 25.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Where? It matters if the source is Variety or The Sun.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have any idea what’s going on at 007.com ??
    edited August 2018
    No, I don't.
    I'm not sure about Yann Demage. '71 was a great thriller, but his only other movie is "White boy Rick" and that one hasn't premiered yet. He's made some TV, but he is silmly not used to handling big crews and a huge production. It would perhaps be better to wait a few years before handing him a Bond movie.

For the current situation I think it would be better to hire Michelle MacLaren who's made many episodes of several huge TV shows.
    Making an episode of GoT is probably more relevant to making a Bond movie than making a small thriller.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0533713/?ref_=nv_sr_1

In Game of Thrones they have several crews shooting simultaniously in several countries at the same time, they have huge sets, exotic locations and several world famous actors. And it all has to happen quickly and you have to listen to the very hands-on producers.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    No doubt Game of Thrones episodes are large scale productions but what has also been a huge factor in television, especially premium providers such as HBO, Showtime, etc amping up their productions and blurring the line between TV and theatrical releases is the use of CGI.....that being said, Number 24's point is on the mark. Predominantly working in big TV productions should not be considered a negative when choosing a director. With regards to Yann Demange, while he may not have experience on an epic scale production, his ability to create suspense and an action thriller as outstanding as '71 would outweigh his inexperience with a huge production, plus EON and the Bond films have the infrastructure in place that would make it a much easier transition.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent

My best guess is that 007.com used to be hosted by Fox and is now in the process of being transferred to MGM or Universal
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent

My best guess is that 007.com used to be hosted by Fox and is now in the process of being transferred to MGM or Universal

That’s what I was thinking. Pretty sloppy.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent

That’s what I was thinking. Pretty sloppy.

The website is back up and running. It was only a temporary 302 redirect.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
    I checked and 007.com was being run from a server named FoxFilm, so switching over to a new host seems like what it was. Curious to see who...
    Chriscoop wrote:

Can't get the link to work from my tablet but there is an article in the Guardian today about movie characters that should be retired. Unsurprisingly Bond features. and The suggestion is that the production woes are so bad it would be kinder to kill it (I'm paraphrasing) Also that Daniel Craig 'looks like a nightclub bouncer and doesn't say anything ' Ouch, the mood music is not good.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Can't get the link to work from my tablet but there is an article in the Guardian today about movie characters that should be retired. Unsurprisingly Bond features. and The suggestion is that the production woes are so bad it would be kinder to kill it (I'm paraphrasing) Also that Daniel Craig 'looks like a nightclub bouncer and doesn't say anything ' Ouch, the mood music is not good.

My guardian link just focuses on the directors. Just Google yann demnage and under news you will find a raft of articles.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Can't get the link to work from my tablet but there is an article in the Guardian today about movie characters that should be retired. Unsurprisingly Bond features. and The suggestion is that the production woes are so bad it would be kinder to kill it (I'm paraphrasing)  Also that Daniel Craig 'looks like a nightclub bouncer and doesn't say anything ' Ouch, the mood music is not good.

Typical feeding frenzy by the usual suspects....they smell blood in the water and pounce. Very cynical. Everybody wants to put an end to Bond films except the people who actually spend their own money to go out and see them for a couple hours of escapist fun.
    Bond will never go away. It's a worldwide cultural institution.
    Can this type of pieces be the reason why I don't read the culture article in The Guardian?
    I really hope they don’t write more stupid stuff about James Bond.
    Number24 wrote:
    Can this type of pieces be the reason why I don't read the culture article in The Guardian?
    I really hope they don’t write more stupid stuff about James Bond.

I think that they certainly will do. They have been broadly positive during the Craig era, so this was a change of tone. They didn't even slate Spectre for Christ's sake :)

I think that the dumb 'slash my wrists only doing it for the money' shtick was very damaging. That and the will he won't he combined with the Boyle fiasco and the lacklustre Spectre have all contributed. They gave Skyfall positive coverage in the main. Bond is never going to be their cup of Darjeeling, but they are major contributors to cultural coverage in the UK and probably the most even handed of the generally highly partisan uk press.