Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    Brozzer speaks German in TND but's not very successful :#
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Why wasn‘t it successful? What he said was grammatically correct ?:)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • LicencetochatLicencetochat Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    Just curious. Is the Heineken commercial Craig filmed back in may out? Or does someone know if or when we can have a look at that material?
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Speaking of languages: one of the things I like about Moore's Bond is his use of languages. He would order a meal in French and hail a taxi in German. These small hints of 007's language skills - It showed Bond as a man of the world.

I've wanted to see Bond speak a foreign language when it counted, such as talking his way past a police checkpoint with a double agent hiding in the trunk of his car.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Just curious. Is the Heineken commercial Craig filmed back in may out? Or does someone know if or when we can have a look at that material?

Probably around Feb 2020...
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Anecdote to share: I live in Central America, but most big films that come here are shown in the original English in the cinemas. When Craig spoke in Spanish checking into the hotel in QoS, the audience I saw it with loved it. Also Mathis and the taxi driver got a lot of laughs.

With international box office returns becoming more and more important, I think the Bond films would be wise to take advantage of every little moment they can to have him speak in another language. There have been some recent missed opportunities: the confrontation with the police in QoS, the Spectre PTS come to mind. Not saying the producers/director should force these moments into the movies (or, god forbid, add extra scenes only for the international audience as Avengers did for China). But considering the amount of travel Bond does, enough of them should arise as a natural part of the story.

Probably around Feb 2020...

Why so late do you think?

It was always meant to air in the months leading up to the release of the movie. They just shot it early as that fit in with Craig’s schedule.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent

It was always meant to air in the months leading up to the release of the movie. They just shot it early as that fit in with Craig’s schedule.

The brewer, which has a long history of cutting ad deals with the Bond franchise, typically does not release its 007 ads until about one-and-a-half months before the movie opens—so it's in wait-and-see mode, says Gianluca Di Tondo, senior director of the global Heineken brand. "Bond is always the cherry on the cake but for us," he says. But "a slight delay is not going to be the end of the world."

- AdAge
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    edited October 2018
    Yay, it's 1 October, only 502 days until Bond25.

In October 2014, the media reported;

1 Oct - Rhianna song rumour
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/01/rihanna-rumored-for-james-bond-24-theme-song-and-cameo

10 Oct - Lea Seydoux announced/leak
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2787179/oscar-nominated-french-actress-lea-seydoux-cast-new-bond-girl.html

14 Oct - Dave Batista announced/leak
    https://screenrant.com/bond-24-villain-dave-bautista/
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BogQ0ELgwia/

Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer confirms companies involvement in B25.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:

So much for Lotus getting some consideration.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Red_Snow wrote:

So much for Lotus getting some consideration.

I wouldn't rule them out yet. We could wind up seeing an Aston vs a Lotus in a gadget laden car battle, a la DAD!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    edited October 2018

Why wasn‘t it successful? What he said was grammatically correct ?:)

The grammar was correct, but Bond is supposed to speak German fluently. Brosnan didn't even come close to a native speaker, or even someone who knows how to speak it. It's correct indeed, but I never had the sense that he knows anymore German.
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Even I, who learnt a little bit German for two years thirty years ago, thought his line soundet dodgy.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    edited October 2018
    If there is any truth to the rumour Bond 'dies' in Bond 25 and returns/is reborn in Bond 26... the start of the Johnny English Strikes Again trailer is an uncanny fit. 1 - 27 seconds of the trailer. It's like we've seen a glimpse into the future! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qv6p6pTz5I
  • Bond Education 007Bond Education 007 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I can't imagine them going for a Bond death at the end of the movie...I could see them potentially going for the garden of death type ending where he's poisoned and his life is in question but killing him off entirely...naa, would just be kind of odd as we'd have to have a reboot all over again
    Regarding the gunbarrel. It was back at the start for Spectre. It would be silly if they remove it again, right? It was the beginning of the gun barrel back to start (new) era again?
    I hope they go for the Spectre gunbarrel, I like the look, the darkening and the colour of the blood. Just hope it opens like the classic ones and doesn't fade out as it did. We'll see.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    And is less yellow...
    The whole film less yellow please.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I hope they go for the Spectre gunbarrel, I like the look, the darkening and the colour of the blood. Just hope it opens like the classic ones and doesn't fade out as it did. We'll see.

I hope so too. Mendes hated the gunbarrel because it messed up his opening shot. He thought he was better than including it. It’s really an insult to Bond fans the way he did the gunbarrel in Spectre. It’s like he was told it had to be in but didn’t want to integrate it with the film.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Yep, but I think the 'The dead are alive'' tag is even worse. It's really unBondian to do such a thing, it doesn't add anything and it only reveales the Oberhauser/Blofeld moment in the first minute instead of 1:53:35 in the film.
    Yep, but I think the 'The dead are alive'' tag is even worse. It's really unBondian to do such a thing, it doesn't add anything and it only reveales the Oberhauser/Blofeld moment in the first minute instead of 1:53:35 in the film.

I completely agree. I'm sure that line is how Mendes wanted the film to open instead of the gunbarrel. I don't think it adds anything to the film. Themes should be told through the movie, not in text on the screen. I don't even like the names of the cities on screen throughout Spectre. You can tell that through the dialogue, if it's even necessary. "I've never been to Istanbul ..." The title of the film alone gave away so much. I'd rather the film be titled "The Dead Are Alive".
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    edited October 2018
    Matt S wrote:
    I don't even like the names of the cities on screen throughout Spectre. You can tell that through the dialogue, if it's even necessary. "I've never been to Istanbul ..."

Just in SPECTRE? I feel like they'd been putting locales on screen for a while. Alternately...

Goldfinger-083.jpg
    Matt S wrote:
    I don't even like the names of the cities on screen throughout Spectre. You can tell that through the dialogue, if it's even necessary. "I've never been to Istanbul ..."

Just in SPECTRE? I feel like they'd been putting locales on screen for a while. Alternately...

Goldfinger-083.jpg

I thought we were just complaining about Spectre. The way of letting us know where Bond is in Goldfinger is much more creative than just putting words at the bottom of the screen. Bond films have been doing that for a while, but it often feels insulting.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    I'd hope they reshoot Craig's gun barrel. Swinging his gun back and forth as he walks isn't a very convincing way to hide it!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    JET007 wrote:
    I'd hope they reshoot Craig's gun barrel. Swinging his gun back and forth as he walks isn't a very convincing way to hide it!

That honestly didn’t bother me when I saw it. It’s not really a scene with a story as much as a symbol, so I’m fine with him having a gun or not...
    JET007 wrote:

If they are not using the same gunbarrel as Spectre for Bond 25, then i believe Craig are having a different gunbarrel for all his bond films?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Alan Arkapaw was the DoP on True Detective season 1 working with Fukunag. He has also shot Assassin's Creed, Top of the Lake and Macbeth. I particularely liked the scottish play, the version with Michael Fassbender. It was atmospheric and beautiful. Arkapaw has won Emmys for True Detective and Top of the Lake.
    I hope we get to know DoP on Bond25 soon, and Arkapaw seems like a good candidate.