Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    ..... Or Vice Versa ? ;%
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    That's very kind of you :)

Speaking of Stana Katic: Her next movie is titled "Untitled Female Driven WW II Spy Thriller". Great title!

I thought it's a weird title, but then I remembered that they've fit much longer titles on movie posters before. :))
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Her character from QoS probably experience some career setbacks after those events. :v
    Forgive me, but I find it extremely hard to mention an attractive woman without posting a picture of her:

21fd67ca5434dc6dac25204accd1f991.jpg

Have only really seen her in the TV show Castle. A terrible piece of old Hokum in the 'so bad it's good' category. She did nothing to elevate it an had no charisma and is almost Barbara Bach level wooden.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Have only really seen her in the TV show Castle. A terrible piece of old Hokum in the 'so bad it's good' category. She did nothing to elevate it an had no charisma and is almost Barbara Bach level  wooden.

She needn’t be the main Bond girl but could just be a female Felix Leiter type source...
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Good idea :007)
    She owes him a favour.
    This is an action scene from "Maniac" with Emma Stone. I'm starting to expect a long action scene shot in one take in Bond25. Fukunaga loves to move the camera around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=117&v=pqUTf2RYaOk
    Number24 wrote:
    This is an action scene from "Maniac" with Emma Stone. I'm starting to expect a long action scene shot in one take in Bond25. Fukunaga loves to move the camera around.

Very nicely done. This bodes well. Not caught it yet but it's on my list.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Impressive. But it looks like a video game!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

It does, but I thought intentionally so.
    I haven't seen the series myself, but I think many of the scenes happen in the imagination of delusional people.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I haven't seen the series myself, but I think many of the scenes happen in the imagination of delusional people.

I can relate to that. :s :))
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

It does, but I thought intentionally so.

You need the context in this case. The scene from Maniac is a drug-induced fantasy which is why everything is exaggerated and cartoonish.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

That might work since they’re going to need to CGI Craig to make him look believable at this point. :v
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    British director Bart Layton ("American animals" and some documentaries) says he was offered the Bond25 job, but turned it down:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/director-bart-layton-confirms-he-turned-down-bond-25-job-181029

"For me, it's too big. At this point, I don't feel ready and I don't want to do something on that level. Also, I feel like I want to come in at the beginning."

But he's open for directing Bond in the future: "I think it's time for a re-invention. It's time to modernize that franchise in an interesting way. It would be exciting to be part of that."

I wonder what kind of re-invention he wants?
    Number24 wrote:
    British director Bart Layton ("American animals" and some documentaries) says he was offered the Bond25 job, but turned it down:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/director-bart-layton-confirms-he-turned-down-bond-25-job-181029

"For me, it's too big. At this point, I don't feel ready and I don't want to do something on that level. Also, I feel like I want to come in at the beginning."

But he's open for directing Bond in the future: "I think it's time for a re-invention. It's time to modernize that franchise in an interesting way. It would be exciting to be part of that."

Based upon his remarks, I'd cross him off the future Bond director list.....but I'm a cranky, crotchety old man.

On another note, it's been awful quiet lately on the Bond 25 news front....I would think they would have a DP and possibly a composer on board to announce soon.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Please no „inovations“. We live in a society where everything is highly political and everybody gets offended by anything. Things can only go downhill from this stance...
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    HowardB wrote:
    I'm a cranky, crotchety old man.

On another note, it's been awful quiet lately on the Bond 25 news front....I would think they would have a DP and possibly a composer on board to announce soon.

This cranky crotchety old man can't wait for more news! Real news, of course.
    I think Fukunaga looks like a better choise than Layton.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    I'm a cranky, crotchety old man.

This cranky crotchety old man can't wait for more news! Real news, of course.

I doubt that we'll hear anything substantive for another 21/2 months. Bond 25 news would get lost in the holiday movie hype and hoopla.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    I do hope you mean two and a half rather than twenty-one or twenty-two..... :D
    Christmas hasn't started for real yet and the names of the DoP and composer isn'tbig news outside the movie industry and fan forums like this one. No reason to delay making the names public as soon as they are signed on.
    Gary Fukunaga talks about generes and a little bit about Bond in a Indiwire interview:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/cary-fukunaga-james-bond-indiewire-honor-1202014803/
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    I doubt that we'll hear anything substantive for another 2 1/2 months. Bond 25 news would get lost in the holiday movie hype and hoopla.

Certainly Rory Kinnear, "Tanner," would like to know. One assumes that none of the Scooby gang know what is going on.
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1037782/James-Bond-25-Rory-Kinnear-Bill-Tanner-Daniel-Craig-Cary-Fukunaga

With 125 days, or 17 weeks, before start of filming on 4 March next year, at this point before DC's other Bond films started filming, it was July and in July, for Spectre, there were some locations leaked by a stuntman on social media, some Bond girl and villain rumours, but Fiennes had confirmed his involvement.

While it seems that news comes along fairly regularly, when you actually look back in detail, official announcements and comments are very few and far between.

Between July and December 2014, when the cast and the film's name were officially revealed, August saw Austria identified as another location, the Henchemen casting call went out, there was a script re-write rumour, Lea Seydoux was rumoured to be in Bond24 and Sam Smith was mentioned as a possible theme singer, so quite a bit that would come to be confirmed as true.

September saw the cinematographer reported, the filming start date was announced, Morocco was another reported location, and Rhianna was a reported theme singer. October saw Dave Batista and Lea Seydoux rumours, November had more script rewrite rumours and Rome was identified as a location.

For Skyfall, July saw Naomie Harris rumoured to play Moneypenny along with Javier Bardem rumours. August saw a Bond23 title rumour, the name was going to be Carte Blanche. July had a South African location rumour. September saw Berenice Marlohe rumours, Turky rumoured as a location along with India, and Adele and Blofeld rumours. October saw Berenice Marlohe confirmed as a Bond girl and there were Helen McRory and Ben Wishaw rumuors. Skyfall was rumoured to be the title and Barden confirmed that he was the villain, while Scotland was another location rumour.

You could argue that EON needs to be making more announcements to build confidence that this so-far-train-wreck is finally back on track and is full steam ahead, but I think with five weeks gone since the 20 September Cary Fukunaga announcement and nothing, either we get something soon, or EON/MGM are going to stick with their current approach of saying next to nothing - until 4 March 2019.

If that is the case, looking back at Skyfall and Spectre, we can probably expect in November, more location rumours, casting calls for sure as with the xmas break they must need to nail down actors, and maybe a theme singer rumour? I can't see much happening in December, as Gala says, but could see things ramp up in January with more accurate rumours of actors and locations, with February seeing actors 'confirmed' before the Monday 4 March 2019 start of filming press conference reveal.
    To be fair, Skyfall and SPECTRE had too many leaks. I long for more information too, but objectively speaking this is a good thing.
    Number24 wrote:
    To be fair, Skyfall and SPECTRE had too many leaks. I long for more information too, but objectively speaking this is a good thing.

The Sony hacks during the production of SPECTRE were probably seen as very damaging by EON. SPECTRE was a mediocre Bond film to begin with and the content of those leaks was like blood in the water for the sharks. I am sure they (EON) don't want a repeat of that, now more than ever considering the bad press with the departure of Boyle. Pre-production will be more guarded than ever. I can't blame EON as there are millions at stake.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    I bought a new Omega over the weekend from a local jeweler who was doing a watch event in his store. There was an actual Omega representative there and we got to talking about Bond. Per his information, Craig is doing two more films, not one. He was adamant about this, talking about the deals that were in place with him, EON, and Omega. I thought he was only doing one more.

Anyone else heard anything to confirm that he's doing two more?

There has long been a rumour that he is filming two back-to-back this time around.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Gymkata wrote:
    I bought a new Omega over the weekend from a local jeweler who was doing a watch event in his store. There was an actual Omega representative there and we got to talking about Bond. Per his information, Craig is doing two more films, not one. He was adamant about this, talking about the deals that were in place with him, EON, and Omega. I thought he was only doing one more.

Anyone else heard anything to confirm that he's doing two more?

There has long been a rumour that he is filming two back-to-back this time around.

I use to believe this and had all sorts of theories as to how that could happen and when and why there were so many strange goings on with Bond25 and now I believe that it's all been screw-up not conspiracy (for example the EON Blake Lively spy movie six month hiatus due to financial problems) and that instead we have been witnessing a rolling sh*t-show of unprecedented (for the Bond franchise) disasters and all we're going to get is one film after four years and four effing months.

Your salesman is talking rubbish.
    These days with the long periods between Bond films I would definitely be all for filming two back to back. It doesn't appear to be the case with Bond 25 (and 26) but you never know. It would also be a better way to squeeze another film out of Craig before he grows to old to hit the gym and fillers. make up and lighting don't do enough to maintain the illusion. I will say that they did a great job making Brad Pitt look 20 years younger in Allied with the addition of a bit of CGI.....but Pitt is not craggy and weathered looking like Craig.