Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Mine were dispatched today - I initially ordered a EU46 but changed as was recommended a EU45 for UK 11 so will see how it goes.

Will arrive a week today by the looks of it!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I gambled and ordered a pair of the Playboy Chukka in Cognac in size US 12. I will report back on fit when I get them. -{

I look forward to it since that is my size. Did you get the EU45 or EU46?

I picked the EU45.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    I gambled and ordered a pair of the Playboy Chukka in Cognac in size US 12. I will report back on fit when I get them. -{

I look forward to it since that is my size. Did you get the EU45 or EU46?

I picked the EU45.

Do you have any CJs or Kentons, if so what size for reference?

Im a 11UK in CJs
    I own a pair of Kentons in size 11.5US and they are quite snug but not tight or uncomfortable though. -{
    I own a pair of Kentons in size 11.5US and they are quite snug but not tight or uncomfortable though. -{

Ah ok think mine is 12 US and just right so maybe we are very similar size
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Just slipped on my size US12 Kentons. Snug but not too tight or uncomfortable. Instep across the foot is good as well. As I recall the 11.5 Kentons were a hair too tight for comfort. So I will await both of your reports with interest.
    welshboy78 wrote:

I usually get a size 12US in boots but I bought them on ebay after they were sold out so I had to take what I could get. I also figured they would stretch a bit with wear. -{
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    I've emailed the Lester store customer service directly to get sizing advice as their UK/EU/US sizing is a it different to most others; will report back when I hear from them.

I look forward to hearing everyone else's experiences too.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Dufus wrote:
    I've emailed the Lester store customer service directly to get sizing advice as their UK/EU/US sizing is a it different to most others; will report back when I hear from them.

I look forward to hearing everyone else's experiences too.

Cool. Mine just left Europe > South America on tracking but sadly they will have to wait there until Sundays DHL plane. They better fit :)
    PS - guy on another forum informed me of this:

“Run about 1/2 a size big so nothing major but a bit narrow compared with the current Sanders & Sanders version.

I'im a 7uk/41eu in the Sanders and they fit perfectly.
    the Huttons in a 7/41 were a little long but cured by thicker socks but this amplified the width issues ( if that makes sense)“

However I think Lesterstore has 41EU down as 7.5Uk so guess if he followed Lesters UK sizing guide he should of taken a 40EU which might have been the right fit?? So maybe they are thereabouts correct size wise going by Lesterstores UK sizing
    I received notification today that my shoes have finally shipped. I'm supposed to get them on Monday according to FedEx.

If I knew they were going to use FedEx I'd have asked for another delivery method. The morons at my local FedEx are incompetent liars. X-(
    welshboy78 wrote:
    PS - guy on another forum informed me of this:

“Run about 1/2 a size big so nothing major but a bit narrow compared with the current Sanders & Sanders version.

I'im a 7uk/41eu in the Sanders and they fit perfectly.
    the Huttons in a 7/41 were a little long but cured by thicker socks but this amplified the width issues ( if that makes sense)“

However I think Lesterstore has 41EU down as 7.5Uk so guess if he followed Lesters UK sizing guide he should of taken a 40EU which might have been the right fit?? So maybe they are thereabouts correct size wise going by Lesterstores UK sizing

Thanks for this - very useful! I found the 7 in the Sanders a bit too small so may be the UK7.5/EU 41 will be spot on for me. Awaiting the measurements from them - I find the centimetre sizing often the most helpful.
    Reply from Lester.se:

"The Original Playboy is quite normal in size. Probably you should go for size 41 here as well. Inside measuring of a 41 is 27,0 cm (not to be confused with the size 26,5 cm with is a different measurement)"

I take a UK7 in many brands, UK6.5 in C&J, UK7 in Kentons. I'd asked about the 26.5cm sizing as that seemed to be most consistent (often in trainers/sneakers though in which I usually opt for a UK7.5 or 8.

The previous post shared by Welshboy may be the most helpful for me as the Sanders and Sanders in a UK7 were too tight on my forefoot/toes.

I look forward to hearing back from al of you awaiting yours!
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Original Playboy Hutton Chukkas (light sole version, came in dark also like McQueens Bullitt Version):

PfDUCha.jpg

aMMZdiI.jpg

Bullitt VS Playboy Reissues (looks like they have got the colour quite close to McQueens):

o1YHRe9.jpg

Sanders Vs Playboy Reissue Vs Original Playboys by Hutton (note sanders don't have back section stitching):

iGop8gS.jpg

Playboy Reissue In Brown:

IMG_8741.jpg

Original Hutton Playboys Ad:

Wz7Qr3O.png

Great work putting together a side by side comparison. When I look at the 3 I actually think the originals are the nicest design and shape. I wonder why Playboy having purchased the rights did not stick to the original Hutton design as it's far nicer.
    Which parts???
    Regarding the Playboys I received this from a guy on Instagram who owns a pair:
    Hi Paul, Sorry for the late reply. I’m a UK 7.5 so luckily the 41 which they mark as a UK 7.5, fits me perfectly the same as my 7.5 Loake shoes. The new Playboys in my opinion are excellent, and great quality. Lester Store are a good company to buy from, and the delivery was very quick. I will definitely be buying more pairs! Hope that helps.

I prefer them more than my Sanders Hi Tops.
    edited November 2017
    Mine arrived today and I just tried them on. Delivery was very quick. Sweden to Canada in just 5 days.

I'm a size US11 foot but find usually 11 is too tight and restrictive so I usually go for a 11.5 or 12 depending on the shoe. I got the UK11/US12/EUR45 and I find them snug around midfoot, but not tight. Heel is just a tad loose feeling but not where it pops up with every step, but I can fix that with thicker socks. I could have probably gotten them in a US11.5 (if available) and still find them comfortable as there is a bit of room at the toes with the 12's.

Overall I find them very well built, solid high quality shoes and well worth the money. -{

For reference, I have a pair of J.Crew Kentons (bought off ebay) in US11.5 and they are very snug but not uncomfortable.
    Cool. Any piccies?

Glad to hear they are high quality!

Speedy delivery indeed -{
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cool. Any piccies?

Glad to hear they are high quality!

Speedy delivery indeed -{

Here's a few quick pics.

I find them just a tad darker in person than they appear on the Lester website, which is not a bad thing. They also are not light. By no means are they Frankensteinish (is that even a word?) but I'm used to wearing shoes that are lighter. I'm assuming it's the full thick hard rubber sole and trim that has added the weight.

IMG_4826.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg
    Very nice!!! Cant wait to get mine now after that tease!

Yes - I was told they had a bit of heft - hope thats a sign of quality!!!!

Many thanks for sharing!!!! Now go polish your 714s lol
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    Chocolate
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    So, are there half sizes?
    The Mantis wrote:
    So, are there half sizes?

Good question.

According to the Lester store no, but I think I recall someone posting on this thread that there are half sizes available?

However I can not find anywhere online where they offer them in half sizes so my answer would be no. -{
    I think lester offer a 41 which equates to a UK 7.5 but thats the only half size

All the other stores which stock them only offer full size (ive checked at least 6 other scandinavian sites)
    My Playboys arrived today!!!

Seem more luxurious then the Sanders and size wise for me they fit near enough the same (both UK 11). I would say a bit more room in the the Playboys but I dont think enough that would of justified half a size down (Playboys appear to do full sizes only anyhow)

The Playboys are more rounded at the toe hence more comfortable and maybe why they feel like a tad more room (Sanders more pointy as you can also see when I put them side by side and compare)

Other little details: - the foxing and crepe sole are really rock solid.

The foxing has piping around it like the Hutton originals and you can see its stitched on not glued (believe this is the patented part of the marketing speel and how the originals were constructed back in the day)

They are really much nicer then the Sanders for sure but I will reserve judgement on durability until worn out and about!!

rOjOYcB.jpg

353fCLY.jpg

pDHaTe0.jpg

h9IgRIM.jpg

0nm4R2h.jpg
    edited November 2017
    I was also impressed by the packaging. Each shoe came in its own bag neatly wrapped.

I found mine very comfortable. I wore them out on the Friday night I recieved them and did not get sore at all. Actually got a couple of compliments from people at the retirement party we were at. When I told them Steve McQueen wore these shoes, a couple of guys asked for the website lol.

I concur about the more room in the toes. I don't own the Sanders so I could not compare, but after seeing your pics it's quite obvious how much extra space there is with the Playboys. That's probably why they were so comfortable and that extra thick, hard sole is not going to weardown anytime soon. I took the Tube downtown that night so I did quite a bit of walking and at the restaurant I stood all night. The soles held up brilliantly. Other than getting dirty, you can't tell they were worn at all. No breakdown of the rubber at all.

Did you also notice a bit of extra room by the heel? Not loose, but not quite as snug as I'm used to, but thicker socks took care of that issue. -{
    edited November 2017
    Indeed very comfortable - no break in required!!!!!

The Sanders fairly pointy in comparison so with my wide feet they feel narrow at the top.

Yeah I think your right tiny bit of room in the playboy heel - not much but I can feel it with thin socks.

Indeed the sole is rock solid - would be suprised if these wore down fast!!!!

Think I will def also get a pair in the dark brown at some point
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Thanks for all the info Welshboy and ED, these are going on my Christmas list in cognac for sure -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    So just to confirm...we should get our usual size?
    The Mantis wrote:
    So just to confirm...we should get our usual size?

I did. It is a bit more spacious then the Sander however I attribute that to the Playboys more rounded toe section so your foot fits more into the top.

Even if they offered half size I think it would have been too much to size down (for me anyhow)