Sanders & Sanders: Snuff or Chocolate?

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    So just to confirm...we should get our usual size?

Do I detect another vlog topic?

I will probably be picking up a pair after winter passes.
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    I got the sanders from mason and sons when the had the free matching belt deal. I should have waited and got the playboys
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I got the sanders from mason and sons when the had the free matching belt deal. I should have waited and got the playboys

At least SA and a free belt :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    I've been debating the Sanders for ages (mostly put off by the "wearing out" issue) but these might've just ended all that for me too! Great info gentlemen, and they look great on.
    Murder | Employment.
    No half sizes could be a problem. I take a 11 US in the Sanders. What size should I order in the playboys ?
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    No half sizes could be a problem. I take a 11 US in the Sanders. What size should I order in the playboys ?

I'd take your normal size.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Yeah I guess that would mean you are a 10UK
    I usually take a 10 1/2 - 11 US. Thaw sanders do run a bit small. Depending on there return policy I may order a 10 and 11 and return one.
    How do your Sanders fit?
    welshboy78 wrote:
    How do your Sanders fit?
    The 11 US sanders fit good.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Ordered....
    welshboy78 wrote:
    How do your Sanders fit?
    The 11 US sanders fit good.

I would prob go with the same size then. Dropping down might be too much. Guess depends on if you can be bothered with the hassle of returning a pair
    I actually prefer the look of the Sanders over the Playboys. A bit sleeker and refined looking. (Just my humble opinion) Its the wear issue that would make me order the playboys next time.
    I actually prefer the look of the Sanders over the Playboys. A bit sleeker and refined looking. (Just my humble opinion) Its the wear issue that would make me order the playboys next time.

Gotcha. Main appeal of them for me really was to get closer to McQueens, rather then the Bond thing.

Will let you know how durable they are. When I did the comparison shot earlier I was suprised how my Sanders looked to be honest as they had been worn out the once and put away.
    welshboy78 wrote:

Gotcha. Main appeal of them for me really was to get closer to McQueens, rather then the Bond thing.

Will let you know how durable they are. When I did the comparison shot earlier I was suprised how my Sanders looked to be honest as they had been worn out the once and put away.
    Yes. It was your comparison pictures that made me realize I like the look of the Sanders better then the playboys. But did you see David’s video ?. He rounded off the heal in one day !. That’s ridiculous!.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Yes. It was your comparison pictures that made me realize I like the look of the Sanders better then the playboys. But did you see David’s video ?. He rounded off the heal in one day !. That’s ridiculous!.

Mine became unwearable after only maybe 10 wears, the outside of the heal just wore down so far and fast. Bear in mind also that David is not a big man physically speaking either.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Mine wore a fair bit in a carpeted bar :)

The Playboys def look better to me but of course thats personal taste
  • Matt NMatt N Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I've just watched David's video and I'm not sure I've managed that level of wear on the heel in the two years I've had them, but I can quite imagine my other half totally destroying a pair in a very short time span - she's got shoes that are not only worn through the rubber on the heel, but what ever material the heel was attached to too :o

Biggest issue with mine was damage to the foxing which made the shoes look particularly bad, but I've managed to find liquid rubber shoe repair product on amazon that's done a pretty good job of sorting that out, so now I can invest in the Royal Altaussee and hopefully pick up a of the Playboys next year :)

Out of interest, how do the Playboys compare weight wise to the Church Ryders, one of the advantages of the Sanders was they were very light weight compared to the Church, so I tended to wear them a lot more - I think I read someone mention they wore this style of shore like trainers - I can certainly understand that.
    welshboy78 wrote:

I can apreceate you going for the McQueen look. I’m also a fan. Watched Bullitt for the 100th Time Sunday on TCM. (To my wife’s delight lol) love the harringbone tweed jacket and rollneck look.
  • Agent Double-O DanielAgent Double-O Daniel Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    Ahaha! :)) Well they are quite good. The last outing my wife and I had we went to a small,
    intimate jazz club known for fine cocktails and I had 4. I was feeling pretty good on the walk back to our hotel.
    DENIS BOND wrote:
    Sorry but that last hand... Nearly killed me.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    007 of them to be exact.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Mason & Sons advertising the Chocolate ones as in SPECTRE yesterday

IMG_0409.png
    Ive been told by a reliable source that they were snuff. Take that as you want
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    I'm certain that they are Snuff, but with Mason & Sons advertising them as Chocolate you can understand some confusion!
    Indeed

I doubt Mason and Son provided them and simply going from pics like us -{
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Oh it's on!

IMG_7595_1.jpg

IMG_7596_1.jpg

IMG_7599_1.jpg
    Cool

Whats your initial thoughts???