ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Mr White (Altaussee) Jacket

SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
Gents,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update on this. I'm sorry to say the lead time for production is slightly longer than I had hoped, the main reason is we're still waiting on the very specific YKK zippers that were chosen. Fortunately, I do have an update, the bulk dyed cashmere/wool blend has been received and I must say (very pleased to say) I'm extremely happy with the colour. The fabric is a 35% cashmere / 65% wool blend, and while sourcing it and custom dyeing has taken quite a bit of time and $ the results will be well worth the wait. At this point I'd like to give a huge shout out and thank you to both Blair (Meesta Bawnd) and Ross (Jared Nomak) who both independently confirmed the colour directly with the original Dior. That was so important to me this time as it can be such a deceptive colour. So, thank you once again gents, for providing me the intel to make it happen this time in the most accurate way possible.

From the colour matching against standard Pantone and RAL colour systems, I was able to produce custom dyed fabric samples that are spot on. It is a tricky colour and I'll elaborate on that... Yes, it is navy, however there is a hint of yellows in it, which when mixed with blues, has the net result of slight green/teal tones, more like a greenish/teal hue at times. Make no mistake it's a beautiful navy, but it's only when you dive so far into the world of colour that you see all the subtle differences. To add to it is that, the cashmere/wool has a 'nap' to it that catches the light differently in varying situations. (It's a minefield) Luckily, however, once I had the cotton fabric sample nailed down for colour, my manufacture computer matches the colour mix from there. (he is a magician / ninja :s )

... I've attached the matched cotton fabric sample which was supplied by me to my manufacturer (top) and the final colour of the cashmere wool blend for production (bottom) Note, that because of the 'nap' of the cashmere it is catching a little more light than the flat cotton, but otherwise you can see the colour and tone are correct.

Very happy so far, even moreso once those zippers arrive!!

-{

Dan.
e8873cc5-1d83-4cf0-9d0b-f6ea87e5a142_original.png?1509791177
sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Dan
    Along with the colour what other evolutions are you making? Sold mine a while back as the fit just didnt suit me.... But Def up for the improved version if more than just colour....
    Mark
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Love my Mk1 version and I will be jumping all over this more accurate Mk11. That colour looks great!
    I managed to find a good fit, if the sleeves were 1" shorter, it would've been perfect.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Doing a happy dance!
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Very excited for this new iteration, Dan! Will the sizing be consistent with the previous run or will there be some adjustments to fit?
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    This is good news Dan.
    If it is possible, please don't forget to remove the stitches at the very bottom of the jacket.
    This detail makes all the difference -{ -{ -{
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Can't wait! -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    I also owned the first version, but we parted ways a while back. I’m very much looking forward to the Altaussee 2.0. Sign me up.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Doing a happy dance!

Anything like Snoopy's Happy Dance or Numfar's Dance of Joy?
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Glad to hear everyone's excited!!

Okay, yes there are a number of improvements, I poured over the design as much as I could to look for improvements.

1. Firstly, yes the hard hems around the waist and cuffs will be replaced with 'pick-stitching' so there will still be a hem there for the integrity of the structured finish, but it will be fairly invisible with the pick stitching sinking into the nap of the cashmere.

2. The darting on the shoulders will now be more accurate, in that the pleat itself has a surrounding row of stitching which makes the dart / pleat more pronounced.

3. There was a single row of stitching missing from above the front pocket flaps on the first version, this will now be added.

4. I also spent a lot of time on the fit, in consideration of the look we want, there's a few improvements on the fit. This second version will be slightly trimmer in the waist as I felt the first version was a little bit too regular and certainly that was consistent with the feedback.

5. Also, the sleeve fit will better at the elbow, the sleeves came in a little too fitted previously especially at the elbow, when you consider layering underneath. Sleeve fit can easily be tailored down if that didn't apply to you in the V1.

6. The overwhelming feedback on this one was that the sleeves were also a touch too long, the main issue here is that given the design they are very difficult to alter, but again just a touch long, so they will be around an inch shorter than previously, this also extends to the back length, which will also be about an inch shorter.

In reality, all very minor tweaks, but with a jacket this rare it really is a great service that gentlemen with the originals (or access too) would help me out in capturing every last detail... Of course it will never be 100%, but that doesn't mean we can't reach for that. Special shout out and many thanks again to David, Blair and Ross for their valued input on this one.

The above changes are what I have specified, if for some reason there's any change to the final product I will let everyone know before listing them for sale.

-{

Dan.
    Altaussee_20Jacket_202_original.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Looking good will be great to see the final artical, just don’t make the arms to short for people with long monkey arms like me.
    Ross
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Looking good will be great to see the final artical, just don’t make the arms to short for people with long monkey arms like me.
    Ross

Same problem here -{
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Can’t wait Dan! Thanks for all your effort on this -{
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    This news just keeps getting better! B-)
    I can't wait!!
    Sounds like the timing of these will be perfect to do a winter review vlog on them? ;)
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Ross

Ditto monkey style here too
    Murder | Employment.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Personally think the sleeves length was fine last time. Cokour and an odd fit around the midrift meant original run didnt quite make it for me
    Heres to v2
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Not sure what does it for me but this jacket is definitely in my top 3 favourite outerwear pieces, maybe even #1, from the DC era. I doubt I’ll be able to find an original, as much as I want to, especially one in my size, so I’m absoltely stoked about this release! Hopefully it’s out before my trip to Europe over Christmas. If it works out I might be heading to Altaussee on my way though Austria and what better attire than this :007)

Regarding sizing, definitely happy about the smaller waist and I won’t mind the inch shorter sleeves, they were just a hair too long last time. Colour looks fantastic! Your dedication has definitely paid off Dan -{
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:
    Ross

Ditto monkey style here too

Me too. I found the arm length perfect last time. Pity the climate is too warm where I am for these type of jackets.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    I'm really excited for this one! I also found the arm length good, but more than welcome the shorter length and trimmer waist, I would have probably worn my Version 1 if the fit worked for me. The color will be the most welcomed improvement! -{
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Yeah the arm length was good on this one originally for me, but I missed out on the first round. Hopefully getting into this one will work for me. Always welcome the slimmer waist.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    I have a 1st run in excellent condition - size M.. Want to sell @ $175 shipped in the US.. in the event someone is after the first run of this.
    I have an XL in excellent condition. Worn 3 times. Selling for US$175.00 shipping incl. in Canada.
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to this.
    As an owner of the First Run,in my opinion the sleeve lenght was great. Just taken in the waist, like i did by a Tailor would be a good move.
  • HM's AgentHM's Agent Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Dan, just wondering if you have any update on this. Could you please share the size chart? I have to carefully consider which size to take. I am hoping to get it before Christmas. Do you plan a vlog on them by David? Really I can't wait!! :)
    There will absolutely be a fit and review vlog. Really looking forward to this one myself!
    I have an XL in excellent condition. Worn 3 times. Selling for US$175.00 shipping incl. in Canada.

Jacket has now been sold. Waiting to get the V2 now. -{
    Any updates on timing and additional sizing tweaks based on feedback in this thread?
    I believe there will be more info and updates this week!
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Any updates on timing and additional sizing tweaks based on feedback in this thread?
    Awesome, thanks for the info!
    I am also going to try to get a sizing vlog turned around same day! Fingers crossed...