ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Mr White (Altaussee) Jacket

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited December 2017
    I'm usually an XL so I got an XL. It's snug in the chest and shoulders, waist and sleeves are spot on for me.

Are the measurements true to size chart?
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I'm usually an XL so I got an XL. It's snug in the chest and shoulders, waist and sleeves are spot on for me.

Are the measurements true to!size chart?

I'll have to breakout the tape measure later and let you know, but I'm sure they are pretty darn close if not spot on.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just received the package of review coats last night so the vlog wont be done till Saturday afternoon....I will tell you this, I am definitely going with a medium. I am a solid 40 now and the medium fits perfectly. The small, on the other hand, can only be zipped if I suck in every ounce of air. So these are more fitted I would say in some respects. These are softer, better color, and all details have been improved.

Thanks David! I'm glad I chose wisely. I was deciding between the small and the medium based on the last run and the current measurements guide, and kept thinking "what would David do." Looking forward to the vlog and thanks for taking the hit to put one out for us just before Christmas.
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    A lot of you have been waiting for this one! The review of the Frugal Bond Mr White Coat Version #2:
    Can be ordered at: royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    white2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv0yXTsg5vY&feature=youtu.be
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Excellent... can't wait for mine to show up... Still happy to sell my V1 for a substantial discount for those who are interested (Size M - just PM me) Hoping my V2 shows up soon !
  • JayBondJayBond Toronto, ON, CanadaPosts: 6MI6 Agent
    Hey Gents,

Just got my jacket, but got a small and it doesn't fit. Anyone need to size down and want to trade a medium for a small?
    Anyone in the uk got theirs yet? Or even having any success re tracking? My tracking goes dead once on its way, royal mail coming up as an error!!!!

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Anyone in the uk got theirs yet? Or even having any success re tracking? My tracking goes dead once on its way, royal mail coming up as an error!!!!

Mine has passed though customs, been sorted and apparently is out for delivery today. So hopefully yours is not too much further behind that. Regarding tracking number, I had no issues with the retracking of mine — the app I was using to track it automatically assigned the new GB number and it worked fine.
    Great as yours needs to get there before you leave!!!
    Mine hasnt even hit UK customs apparently, very odd as was first order in

• kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    I’m in London and got mine a couple of days ago, so hopefully everyone’s should come through smoothly without any issues.

I ordered a Medium which I find a little fitted in the waist, so I’ve ordered a Large to compare.

So I may have a brand new Medium for sale soon if anyone is interested
    edited December 2017
    Annnd it’s delivered!! Almost ripped the box open in the lobby but I held off until I reached my room. Unsurprisingly it’s fantastic and the fit is perfect (large - 42-43in chest), it almost seems like it was tailored to me. In particular the sleeves are a spot on length and the the chest is comfortably fitted even with the N.Peal underneath.

Anyway I’ll throw the kit on and head for a stroll around the city some time during the next couple of days (if it’s not too hot for it) and take a couple of pics.

Oh also I must’ve lucked out, the jacket barely has a wrinkle on it coming out of the box — do need to “train” the collar still though.
  • explore007explore007 Posts: 195MI6 Agent
    Hi, Have sent you a PM
    kadd wrote:
    I’m in London and got mine a couple of days ago, so hopefully everyone’s should come through smoothly without any issues.

I ordered a Medium which I find a little fitted in the waist, so I’ve ordered a Large to compare.

So I may have a brand new Medium for sale soon if anyone is interested
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    My medium arrived on the 29th. Great color this time. Fit is very fitted. Not a lot of room for layering. Great with a tee and shirt or sweater. Very happy.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Just got mine 5 minutes ago... fantastic work Daniel ! The color is exceptional and the fit feels great (purchased a M) !
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    I also just received mine here in the states. Personally, I think this one is night and day difference from the first version. The color is wonderful and the feel is great. Sizing/fit has improved all around. Knocked it out of the park, Daniel! -{
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay chiming in here... If I'm honest I've been a bit overwhelmed lately. The main thing I want to address is across the board there seems to be considerable delays in shipping. Naturally, it's a terrible time of the year to be shipping things, but in some instances a few parcels appear to have missed scans, some of which haven't had a tracking update since they left Brisbane on Dec 20. I'd just like to throw out some assurances as these are now sold out... Firstly, I have absolutely no doubt that the postal services are simply overwhelmed, experience tells me that when they're behind scanning seems to be the first thing that goes out the window, so chances are the parcels are progressing, but some are just not getting scanned. Secondly, I can't remember the last time a parcel was lost, the only occasion that comes to mind was one to France, which ended being just an excessive delay... Thirdly, though sold out, I wouldn't see anyone out of pocket if they didn't arrive. And lastly, some of the jackets already received were actually expressed by EMS (various reasons) JTM for example was having his delivered to a hotel in London and honestly, I didn't think it would get to him by regular airmail during his stay.

I certainly know the feeling when a parcel seems to be taking too long, so I am right there with you, but unfortunately not a whole bunch I can do at this stage... The standard delivery windows are normally 7-10 business days, throw in a couple of weekends / Christmas / New Year / high volume and it is... well a frustrating time to be shipping anything.

Lastly, just a quick thanks to David for a great video review, it hasn't been an easy jacket, it's still not perfect, but thanks to the help of David, Blair and Ross I think we got pretty darn close. Thank you gentlemen {[]

My apologies to those who missed it, I don't know if it will be done again at this stage, but email me with your required size and I can let you know if one comes back on a sizing return.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • JamesJohnBJamesJohnB Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update Dan, look forward to getting mine --- hopefully this week. Happy New Year!
    Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay chiming in here... If I'm honest I've been a bit overwhelmed lately. The main thing I want to address is across the board there seems to be considerable delays in shipping. Naturally, it's a terrible time of the year to be shipping things, but in some instances a few parcels appear to have missed scans, some of which haven't had a tracking update since they left Brisbane on Dec 20. I'd just like to throw out some assurances as these are now sold out... Firstly, I have absolutely no doubt that the postal services are simply overwhelmed, experience tells me that when they're behind scanning seems to be the first thing that goes out the window, so chances are the parcels are progressing, but some are just not getting scanned. Secondly, I can't remember the last time a parcel was lost, the only occasion that comes to mind was one to France, which ended being just an excessive delay... Thirdly, though sold out, I wouldn't see anyone out of pocket if they didn't arrive. And lastly, some of the jackets already received were actually expressed by EMS (various reasons) JTM for example was having his delivered to a hotel in London and honestly, I didn't think it would get to him by regular airmail during his stay.

I certainly know the feeling when a parcel seems to be taking too long, so I am right there with you, but unfortunately not a whole bunch I can do at this stage... The standard delivery windows are normally 7-10 business days, throw in a couple of weekends / Christmas / New Year / high volume and it is... well a frustrating time to be shipping anything.

Lastly, just a quick thanks to David for a great video review, it hasn't been an easy jacket, it's still not perfect, but thanks to the help of David, Blair and Ross I think we got pretty darn close. Thank you gentlemen {[]

My apologies to those who missed it, I don't know if it will be done again at this stage, but email me with your required size and I can let you know if one comes back on a sizing return.

-{

Dan.
    I know quite a few people on here that would buy that medium in a heartbeat....the mediums sold out within the first 12 hours of the vlog going live.
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Hey Gents,

I just spent a bit more time on the phone with Australia Post (its the highlight of my day :s ) A couple of people still haven't seen a tracking update for a while and the explanation I got is as follows:

A couple of things, unfortunately, there has been a very high volume of 'priority mail' this year over the Christmas period, which as suggested does cause a delay in regular airmail. Also, something I wasn't aware of was heavy snow storms have apparently caused further delays, both in the US and UK, something I hadn't even considered given it is the middle of Summer here. Of course, none of that makes it much easier to wait.. but at least there seems to be some pretty genuine reasons why there are considerable delays. Fingers crossed, they'll arrive when you least expect it.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
    Hey Gents,

I just spent a bit more time on the phone with Australia Post (its the highlight of my day :s ) A couple of people still haven't seen a tracking update for a while and the explanation I got is as follows:

A couple of things, unfortunately, there has been a very high volume of 'priority mail' this year over the Christmas period, which as suggested does cause a delay in regular airmail. Also, something I wasn't aware of was heavy snow storms have apparently caused further delays, both in the US and UK, something I hadn't even considered given it is the middle of Summer here. Of course, none of that makes it much easier to wait.. but at least there seems to be some pretty genuine reasons why there are considerable delays. Fingers crossed, they'll arrive when you least expect it.

-{

Dan.

Thanks Dan
    Mine suddenly appeared and is now about 50 miles North and about to start last leg to my local PO.
    Then I'll have to wait (eagerly) for my grey customs fee card to come, so may actually arrive early next week
    8-)

• ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Hey Gents,

-{

Dan.

Thanks Dan
    Mine suddenly appeared and is now about 50 miles North and about to start last leg to my local PO.
    Then I'll have to wait (eagerly) for my grey customs fee card to come, so may actually arrive early next week
    8-)

I had this with an order recently - I just said to myself I need to be more patient as the Royal Mail seems to take a while and even worse at this time of year - hopefully with you soon, and mine with me. Dan's stuff is fantastic too :-)
    And arrived
    Thanks to Dan for being economical with box value, only £17 tax too
    Jacket is on another level to v1
    Colour and fit uncomparable...
    Went for a Large and albeit a snug fit, absolutely perfect...
    For ref I am 42 chest and 34-35 waist. 88 kgs and 6ft 1
    :)

• RayneRayne Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    I am looking to swap for a large as well. Medium was too snug. Only wore once to try it on
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    I've received mine today (UK). The medium fits perfectly (39 chest). It needs a little steaming but that's ok. Definitely a better look without "superbeaver" and popping the collar, at least on me! Very satisfied! Major thumbs up!
  • Seamaster84Seamaster84 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    I really hope the Small I ordered will fit me. All the previous jackets I got from Dan were prefect in sizing when ordering a Small. I’m just a bit worried this one might be a bit too small. I’m somewhere between 37 and 38 chest.
    My jacket’s been on it’s first couple of strolls out in the wild — it handled the weather in London very nicely!

830_E7_D22-20_B5-48_BF-9041-7_A555_DAF8_C41.jpg
    Bang on bro! You look cold, but also look the part!
    JTM wrote:
    My jacket’s been on it’s first couple of strolls out in the wild — it handled the weather in London very nicely!

830_E7_D22-20_B5-48_BF-9041-7_A555_DAF8_C41.jpg
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Very nice I was in London today near Parliment Sq had I known I would have popped over to Vauxhall :D

Looking good!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    I was in London today too, we could have had a Bond party -{

• Matt NMatt N Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived today and I'd just like to echo everyone else comments, it's a really nice jacket, nice work Dan, especially for following up with Auspost on everyone's behalf too

I'm really hoping everyone who's still waiting isn't disappointed with their Jackets when the arrive, especially in terms of fit as it is pretty snug, especially with a larger jumper underneath, but I suspect in a lot of places you could just get away with a simple t-shirt, it's damn warm and JTM is probably more in danger of being blown off the bridge with the current weather, than he is of being warm :))

I'm sure everyone already knows this too, but steaming really does make a difference too :D