ROYALE Filmwear 2017 Mr White (Altaussee) Jacket

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I think we can all agree that in the future measurement guides are good but the vlogs go into the details of fit in a different way. I am happy, if Dan is happy, to have any review vlog connected to the debut of future releases so people can make decisions on size base on both.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I think we can all agree that in the future measurement guides are good but the vlogs go into the details of fit in a different way. I am happy, if Dan is happy, to have any review vlog connected to the debut of future releases so people can make decisions on size base on both.

I was wondering if Daniel could ship you a jacket so you could have a review up say 72 hrs before the launch? This way the people who really want the jacket will already know what size they need and order rather than waiting and potentially missing out!
    I know where you keep your gun!
    I think that's a great idea.
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    Just got mine today. It took exactly 7 days from Australia to Los Angeles.

Size M is perfect. Thank you Dan for the awesome jacket and thank you David for convincing me to order it after watching your vlog !
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Mine has been sat with UK Customs longer than that!! :#
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    great idea I took a chance, waited and missed out :(
    MikeG77 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

I was wondering if Daniel could ship you a jacket so you could have a review up say 72 hrs before the launch? This way the people who really want the jacket will already know what size they need and order rather than waiting and potentially missing out!
    007 reporting for duty
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Dan, just wanted to say another massive thanks. Wore mine over the weekend in a cold UK and it's fantastic as are your other items. Keep up the good work
  • Vesper007Vesper007 Enjoying Death,Country EnglandPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    D0_E616_B0-2654-469_C-_B3_F6-9_C6_E05_FB65_D5.jpg

Nice arrival from Her Majesty’s Royal Mail service today.

Another to add to my ever growing jacket collection.

Nice as well . Perfect size , large was a good choice.

Off out for a wander to see if Madeline swan is lurking about in town, I somehow doubt it. :))
    "007 Reporting for Duty"
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I got my hands on my jacket yesterday. Another quality piece of clothing, very happy with the trim fit (I took a small which is my normal size). The colour and details are great. Many thanks again Dan.
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Just took the dog out for a walk in -12*C weather (not including the windchill) wearing this. All I had on under the jacket was a long sleeve t shirt. Does the trick! This may be giving my Royale Harrington a run for its money as my favorite piece of Dan’s -{
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    coaram94 wrote:
    Just took the dog out for a walk in -12*C weather (not including the windchill) wearing this. All I had on under the jacket was a long sleeve t shirt. Does the trick! This may be giving my Royale Harrington a run for its money as my favorite piece of Dan’s -{
    Wow -12 are you in UK or US may I ask
    Anthony
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    coaram94 wrote:
    Wow -12 are you in UK or US may I ask

Minnesota in the US!
    The Mantis wrote:

Glad you like my idea but I have another one!

I know in your review you mentioned that it's more than likely that Daniel will not do another run of the Mr. White jacket because of how difficult it was to source all the parts and pieces but i think he could still do them in smaller batches. Maybe he could do something like QOS Harrington Project where he needs "X" amount of jackets to make an order feasible so the people who want jackets can get them and he doesn't have excessive inventory! Obviously this could apply to any jacket that Daniel produces now or in the future but for the moment it would primarily focus on the Mr. White Jacket. Hopefully Daniel takes pity on the people who didn't get a jacket this time and does one more run :)
    I think there are quantity limits that correspond to price.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

I know in your review you mentioned that it's more than likely that Daniel will not do another run of the Mr. White jacket because of how difficult it was to source all the parts and pieces but i think he could still do them in smaller batches. Maybe he could do something like QOS Harrington Project where he needs "X" amount of jackets to make an order feasible so the people who want jackets can get them and he doesn't have excessive inventory! Obviously this could apply to any jacket that Daniel produces now or in the future but for the moment it would primarily focus on the Mr. White Jacket. Hopefully Daniel takes pity on the people who didn't get a jacket this time and does one more run :)
    The Mantis wrote:
    I think there are quantity limits that correspond to price.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

That was definitely a concern i had and it makes me wonder how many jackets were ordered from the factory on the last run?
  • Seamaster84Seamaster84 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Still waiting for mine to arrive. You’d think UK and The Netherlands would have about the same transit time.
  • flatwaterflatwater Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Got the XL, I'm usually a Large, so I thought sizing up (as with all the other Royale clothing I have) would work. Not this time. Need an XXL.

If anyone wants an XL and anyone has an XXL, let me know!
    flatwater wrote:
    Got the XL, I'm usually a Large, so I thought sizing up (as with all the other Royale clothing I have) would work. Not this time. Need an XXL.

Have you tried to reach out to Daniel to see of he can exchange the jacket or will do a return? If you don't mind me asking was the jacket too tight in the shoulders?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    flatwater wrote:

Have you tried to reach out to Daniel to see of he can exchange the jacket or will do a return? If you don't mind me asking was the jacket too tight in the shoulders?

I have reached out, but not heard back yet.

Shoulder width was fine really, it's too snug in the body though, if I was just to look good in it for a picture, it would work, but I can't really move or layer up under it.

I'm pretty bummed to be honest, I was really looking forward to this...
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Anyone want to trade an XXL for an XL?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent

I have an V2 XL coming this week which I may be willing to trade for an XXL

I’m in the US

Sean
  • JamesJohnBJamesJohnB Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    Hoping that my jacket comes in this week. Tracking # does not provide any updates --- purchased on the 12/14 and it was shipped on 12/18. Look forward to getting it and glad that I ordered the large based on feedback.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

I have an V2 XL coming this week which I may be willing to trade for an XXL

I’m in the US

Sean

I have a XL and am looking for an XXL. Sorry should have been more specific. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Looking for an XXL as well. Willing to pay premium over original price or trade for my XL

Does anyone know if you could let the jacket out by a tailor?
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Hey Guys,

There are still a number of people who haven't seen a tracking update in a while and I just wanted to let you know what I keep hearing from Australia Post (every time I call) It doesn't snow in Queensland, where I am so this is a bit unfamiliar to me... In any case, most of them shipped on the 18-20th December (possibly the worst week of the year to ship anything, lesson learned) with the influx of last minute priority mail, that naturally gets priority as the name suggests, so that was Christmas, since then, well... snow storms affecting the East coast of the US (mostly) Ironically the most affected parcels were the earliest ones to go out... :# with some jackets that have shipped since seeing tracking updates / delivery. The reason for this is some of the early shipments were actually diverted into L.A. even though many of the them are bound for the East Coast. What this has done is simply overwhelmed the distribution processes on the West Coast... So massive backlog there... Parcels that were sent a bit after were for the most part able to be flown into the likes of JFK airport etc... Internally, Australia Post has said that USPS has declared 'Force Majeure' in parts with the weather being considered an 'Act of God' Frustratingly, there seems to be great communication between USPS and Australia post, but not so much in the way of public notifications... or even news on the disruptions. I've looked numerous times for news articles etc, but finally found one notice just now, buried on the USPS website. It implies that they are finally getting back on top of operations. Here's the link to the announcement and the USPS customer service number is: 1800 275 8777

https://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/juno-storm-updates.htm

:s

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    My jacket just arrived. Shipping time was a bit more than two weeks which included two mail holidays.

I ordered a large. (I own both the Quantum Harrington and Quantum Haiti in large.) After reading some posts here, I was concerned that I should have gone with the XL, but I feel that the L was the best choice for me. I have a 43" chest and 33" waist. Yes, it's close-fitting, but it buttons and zips as it should. The shoulders are perfect.

Hats off, Dan. You keep hitting it out of the park with your products. Thank you for another new favorite.
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    If anyone is selling a Large V2, please shoot me a message.
    Cheverian wrote:
    My jacket just arrived. Shipping time was a bit more than two weeks which included two mail holidays.

I ordered a large. (I own both the Quantum Harrington and Quantum Haiti in large.) After reading some posts here, I was concerned that I should have gone with the XL, but I feel that the L was the best choice for me. I have a 43" chest and 33" waist. Yes, it's close-fitting, but it buttons and zips as it should. The shoulders are perfect.

Hats off, Dan. You keep hitting it out of the park with your products. Thank you for another new favorite.

What are your shoulder measurements?
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Is anyone selling a V2 in Size Small? I missed out on this run!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

What are your shoulder measurements?

For suits it's 19".