Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I’ve got a review coming up of the customer service I had from Omega Direct when buying my NTTD watch. To say it’s absolutely disgusting covers about 5% of the disgraceful service and ultimate product I received. Honestly, it’s so bad, you couldn’t make it up. It’s bad service and excuses on top of bad service x 4. And then after that, they might have just as well thrown the watch over the counter and said ‘there you go, we don’t care what you think, take that watch and go! Oh and sorry we bust the box when we threw it you, but we might, but probably won’t sort that out in the future.”

The experience has left me with such a bad taste in my mouth, that I will NEVER buy a new Omega ever again, and those that know me, that is some statement as it’s my second or third favourite brand, and I collect. My grandfather wore an Omega when he was flying Hurricanes in WW2, and I still have it. What I’m experiencing from Omega was so bad I can’t even wear this watch and I’m going to throw it up on here for sale, with damaged box in the following week. And I’ve cancelled my 321 Speedy with their boutique too. I’ve kept all their correspondence as evidence too.

In short, don’t go online and buy from Omega. Support your local AD. Omega do not deserve to cruise by at the expense of other people when they care little about their customers or how their customers receive their product.

In a perverse way I’m looking forward to this ‘review’… companies should be held accountable for their customer service - either good or bad.
    I quite like the NTTD watch and it would be a ‘extremely considered’ purchase for me...after hearing of shocking customer service from Omega I think I’d rather save up and put my money towards a Rolex Submariner.
    Omega are really buggering everything up for themselves :#

I count myself as a former Omega buyer and it will take a lot, not to mention a bargain bin price, for me to part with my hard earned on one of their products again...

Looks like the way to get anything like half decent customer service from Omega nowadays is to become an internet influencer :))
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Looks like the way to get anything like half decent customer service from Omega nowadays is to become an internet influencer :))

Too true. And they’re not the only brand to which that applies.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent

Keep in mind that's after he complained about the poor treatment he received!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yeah, I wouldn't put me in the category of someone that has had a good experience with Omega....but then I assume the comments above were directed at Omega and not me....

Have spoken to ASP about the terrible experiences he has had with Omega and they are epic...one thing after another. Really amazing and disappointing of this brand.
    MikeG77 wrote:

Keep in mind that's after he complained about the poor treatment he received!
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Unfortunate to see that the amount of bad customer service experiences with Omega is so high.

Have only dealt with them directly once myself. Went into an Omega boutique. There were no other customers and the two sales assistants were chatting about private stuff with each other, just giving us an unfriendly look as we entered the store. After having stood around for a minute or so, one of the assistants asks if she can help us with something in a tone of voice that implied we were not really welcome. I said I was looking to buy a rubber strap for my Seamaster (which I was wearing visibly) and if they had any in stock I could have a look at. She answered "no" flatly without any further explanation. I then asked what the listing price was, to which she indifferently replied: "Probably around 2000" (Danish crowns). Starting to be confused and tired of this conversation, we were about to leave. Her final remark to us while leaving was that she could order it for me if I paid immediately. 8-)

Think I will stick to independent jewellers as well.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    A shame to hear this, as my experiences in Omega boutiques in Europe and the States have all been excellent. Bottles of wine sent to my house on a birthday, texts when a piece is in the boutique that I want to look at, cleaning/battery replacement on vintage non-Omega watches in my collection.

As I'm sure these folks in different boutiques aren't getting missives from the home office directing them to be unpleasant to customers, I wonder what the common denominator is.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    My experience wasn’t with a boutique, but Omega direct. Which makes the whole thing even more staggering.

For the record, I’ve dealt with the Omega boutique on Bond Street for years and my experience there has generally been high.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, I wouldn't put me in the category of someone that has had a good experience with Omega....but then I assume the comments above were directed at Omega and not me.

I was actually referring to the capital “I” influencers. The so-called professional watch bloggers (Hodinkee, Revolution, etc.) who are the de facto taste makers of our time. These are the people who companies like Omega basically use as a marketing apparatus. When is the last time Hodinkee had anything constructive, let alone critical, to say about one of the brands who they are in bed with? I think this has allowed the big companies to deemphasize customer service to an alarming degree.

Perhaps the fallout from the pandemic might change this, given that people are going to be much more judicious with how their money is spent. Remains to be seen.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    The local Omega Boutique has considerably gone down hill. Part is the manager left, and part is the direction being given from corporate.
    I will buy this watch but from and AD and not for a while.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I wouldn't put me in the category of someone that has had a good experience with Omega....but then I assume the comments above were directed at Omega and not me.

I was actually referring to the capital “I” influencers. The so-called professional watch bloggers (Hodinkee, Revolution, etc.) who are the de facto taste makers of our time. These are the people who companies like Omega basically use as a marketing apparatus. When is the last time Hodinkee had anything constructive, let alone critical, to say about one of the brands who they are in bed with? I think this has allowed the big companies to deemphasize customer service to an alarming degree.

Perhaps the fallout from the pandemic might change this, given that people are going to be much more judicious with how their money is spent. Remains to be seen.

I hate the term influencer that they now give to people that are basically unpaid marketing for companies. Although I think some are paid depending on subscribers, views, and comments (comment activity). Some of those sites note when they have ads. Same with Instagram posts. I stopped checking ABlogtoWatch when they changed their format. But they note ads.

But I guess a site like Hodinkee is so popular that some watch companies allow them to make Hodinkee special versions.

As to Omega, I remember a person that worked at a high end retailer once telling me how they at times would size up a person to see if they could afford an item. And that would determine service. I thought that was poor service and whether a person can afford a luxury item or not shouldn't have anything to do with how you treat them. But that's how some work. It's something you come across in relationships, work, and other day to day things.

I don't know why Omega's Direct Sales would be poor though. I haven't purchased many expensive items online. But when I have, the items where packaged extremely well.
    "Better late than never."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I decided not to buy from Omega a couple of years ago after an horrific experience with a planet ocean, it was sent back twice, I had issues with the quality of the strap which were roundly ignored and I eventually rejected the watch, I don't like the direction they've gone in, their pricing is way off and they seem to have become cynical. I'd be interested in buying the NTTD watch as I like the broad arrow, as an historic omega collector with also my grandfather's seamaster in my case and a naval connection it appeals to me, but I resent handing them my money and will concentrate on furthering my panerai collection.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to add to the negative experiences with Omega.

Another AJB member had his LE SPECTRE Omega lost under their control and was pressed by them to accept the unlimited NTTD watch instead of receiving a proper compensation to buy another watch on the secondary market as replacement.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'd be interested in buying the NTTD watch as I like the broad arrow, as an historic omega collector with also my grandfather's seamaster in my case and a naval connection it appeals to me.

Funny how one tiny mark on the dial makes us want to part with a great wedge of money. If that wasn’t there, I wouldn’t have bought it either :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Ive ordered the watch (from my small trusty AD) but yet to get the nod.

I never purchased from a boutique as they never budge on price like my AD!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'd be interested in buying the NTTD watch as I like the broad arrow, as an historic omega collector with also my grandfather's seamaster in my case and a naval connection it appeals to me.

Funny how one tiny mark on the dial makes us want to part with a great wedge of money. If that wasn’t there, I wouldn’t have bought it either :))
    I know :)
    I've coveted an omega with a broad arrow all my adult life. Just a shame my stubborn resentment won't let me take the plunge on this watch as it ticks a number of boxes for me. Still at some point a previously owned one will come my way and I'll feel obliged I'm sure.
    Quick edit, I'm of course referring to the pheon not the "broad arrow" hands.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    ... Just a shame my stubborn resentment won't let me take the plunge on this watch ...

I do hope that's not a euphemism for your wife... :o
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Chriscoop wrote:
    ... Just a shame my stubborn resentment won't let me take the plunge on this watch ...

I do hope that's not a euphemism for your wife... :o
    :)) :)) :))
    Not on this occasion C&D
    On a serious note, for me Watch buying and any other superfluous spending has been curbed for now, this whole virus thing has hit right when I'd be considering buying a watch too.
    Seriously now, is Omega run by a bunch of Higginses. They send a £7500 watch out in a massive box you could put a seven year old in, with no real protective packaging which resulted in my watch box being bashed to pieces and the watch physically coming out. And yet they send a £130 strap out in this. Utter madness.

1742-BFF7-1-E15-492-E-A2-EB-36901-B0-B5-E45.jpg

988024-B5-D625-4-B60-9186-38-C52-E9-E7432.jpg

F184-D153-5-AE9-4832-98-FF-75588191-B974.jpg
    Very posh lol
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Seriously now, is Omega run by a bunch of Higginses. They send a £7500 watch out in a massive box you could put a seven year old in, with no real protective packaging which resulted in my watch box being bashed to pieces and the watch physically coming out. And yet they send a £130 strap out in this. Utter madness.

Completely insane seeing as when i ordered my strap and buckle it came in a USPS priority envelope! Will you be adding this new item into your review of your total experience with Omega?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    If they were a bunch of Higginses, wouldn't the box be green?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    If they were a bunch of Higginses, wouldn't the box be green?

That's Rolex. :)) :)) :))
    Asp9mm wrote:

You did well there, when I bought a Nato off them it came in a plastic bag inside a white omega paper boutique bag in a cardboard box. You got a free travel case! Consistency is not a strong point obviously.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Perhaps after loosing my watch , there now taking no chances
    Nice packaging
    Asp9mm wrote:

007 reporting for duty
    Perhaps after loosing my watch , there now taking no chances
    Nice packaging
    Asp9mm wrote:

Quite the opposite. You should see how my NTTD watch came. Believe me, they took every chance to ship that in a way in which it would get damaged.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    unbelievably disappointing 8-)
    007 reporting for duty
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    My AD from the US has contacted me, that he has a brand new NTTD Omega on NATO on stock.

They are closed down like any watch store is, but they would be able to send the watch out by mail.
    I know them since many years and you can buy there with absolute confidence!

If anybody is interested, please pm me.

My AD still has one of them (NTTD watch on NATO) still available.
    His store will be closed for at least 3 more weeks but he can ship orders.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    First Screen Accurate bracelet one (ie not the nato model) ive seen listed as an auction on Flebay just finished... £5811

So finding a truer market value already
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    First Screen Accurate bracelet one (ie not the nato model) ive seen listed as an auction on Flebay just finished... £5811

So finding a truer market value already

Yup thats more like it!!

Guessing the seller will void it and relist as presume he would take a big hit unless got a discount