Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I was never asked for a deposit. Both at Omega direct and an Omega boutique.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Omega on Bond Street also didn’t ask me for a deposit.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,138MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear about your experience David. Should have been an enjoyable and exciting one. Spoiled by an arrogant, ill-informed, uninterested member of staff. Omega have already handled this watch release poorly, so they don't need their sales staff fanning the flames. Perhaps he was yet to receive the memo that sales of this watch are now: GO! GO! GO! Ignore previous instruction!
    I've had similar experiences in car showrooms. Because we're super excited and enthusiastic about a particular car and have done extensive research we often know a lot more about the product, that the salesperson does. No excuse, but for many of them it's just about hitting targets whether they're selling watches or cars, they're not always particularly interested and geeky about the product in the same way the consumer is. Shame, as I think the majority would agree, that it is a much more pleasurable and informative customer experience when dealing with a salesperson that is interested, enthusiastic and even passionate about the brand and product they are trying to sell.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    It seems to me, that so far all NTTD Omegas have been seen at Omega Boutiques.

Anyone (with the exception of Asp9mm) heard of one presented, sold or offered by an Omega AD?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Glasgow boutique have sold 2 apparently but to view one you need to put down £800 deposit which is ridiculous for a non limited edition watch
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Fun part is that Swatch (group) has /owns Omega -{
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    It seems to me, that so far all NTTD Omegas have been seen at Omega Boutiques.

Anyone (with the exception of Asp9mm) heard of one presented, sold or offered by an Omega AD?

Mine is also coming from my AD with a 30% loyalty discount.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    edited March 2020
    I have a genuine question:

Why are you again mentioning the 30% that you have received , obviously thru a special connection to an AD?

Noone else will be able get such a discount, so bragging with it looks a bit like rubbing it into our faces again and again.

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Are the Milanese bracelets available separately from any boutiques yet? Asked at the one in Sydney today and apparently they’ve got them on order but it’ll be some time before they have it in store there.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Are the Milanese bracelets available separately from any boutiques yet? Asked at the one in Sydney today and apparently they’ve got them on order but it’ll be some time before they have it in store there.

I was told by the boutique in San Antonio that they weren't available yet individually, but I couldn't get one for my SMPc since the titanium wouldn't match the steel ?:) . That's like saying I can't buy the Spectre NATO because I have a blue dial. It may not match or look ugly, but it's my choice. I get they want things to look a certain way, but some of their designs are questionable at times yet they still sell them.
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

I believe Harris managed to get a Milanese bracelet for his Planet Ocean.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9LGA0JjxRX/
    JTM wrote:

but it's not the NTTD version.
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

I spoke to a rep at Omega and they confirmed for me that the titanium Milanese straps are not available on an individual basis yet (Part # 020TIZ012332) She also confirmed that there is no price as of yet and there was no eta on when they will be available to order.
    I know where you keep your gun!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

I spoke to a rep at Omega and they confirmed for me that the titanium Milanese straps are not available on an individual basis yet (Part # 020TIZ012332) She also confirmed that there is no price as of yet and there was no eta on when they will be available to order.

and I'm wondering if they'll be in the $1,000 range due to the price discrepancy in the nato/milanese versions
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    JET007 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

and I'm wondering if they'll be in the $1,000 range due to the price discrepancy in the nato/milanese versions

Price point will probably be $1,480
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
    edited March 2020
    The NATO version will retail at $8100 and the Mesh bracelet version retails at $9200.

So your price point for the bracelet is $1100 and above (anyone's guess).
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Collected today the NTTD Seamaster 007 which I had pre-ordered with my local Tourbillon boutique here in Lugano and must say that it was a pleasant experience.
    My impression of the watch is very positive. As others already said, it is much better in person, nice colour matching and comfortable with the Milanese bracelet being really a plus.
    Had the chance to see a second watch they have in with the NATO strap version and personally think it is very nice too.
    Having seen many negative posts regarding some Omega AD's poor customer service so far, think it is fair to point out that the boutique management here was attentive and sensible to the situation and particularly this time got the impression Antonietta did her best to somehow mitigate and make my in-shop experience a satisfying one.
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Cool - lets see some pics :) -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    The NATO version will retail at $8100 and the Mesh bracelet version retails at $9200.

So your price for the bracelet is around the $1100 price point.

Maybe my math is off...

NATO version $8,100 - nato at $380 = $7,720 for watch minus strap
    Milanese version $9,200 - Bracelet at $1480 = $7,720 for watch minus strap

I could be wrong maybe omega will just charge the difference between the two 8-)
    @OmegaBondWatches

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Ahh okay, I thought (and hoped) it could have been just the stores in Aus that had a slight delay. Well, I guess I'll play the waiting game then...hopefully it won't be for too long! Thanks everyone for your help. One other thing, when I spoke to the Sydney boutique yesterday, I was told that the bracelet and buckle are separate—that can't be right, right? This one seems like it would be sold as one piece.
    JTM wrote:
    Ahh okay, I thought (and hoped) it could have been just the stores in Aus that had a slight delay. Well, I guess I'll play the waiting game then...hopefully it won't be for too long! Thanks everyone for your help. One other thing, when I spoke to the Sydney boutique yesterday, I was told that the bracelet and buckle are separate—that can't be right, right? This one seems like it would be sold as one piece.

That is correct they are sold separately smh.
    @OmegaBondWatches

VegasBond wrote:

So your price for the bracelet is around the $1100 price point.

Maybe my math is off...

NATO version $8,100 - nato at $380 = $7,720 for watch minus strap
    Milanese version $9,200 - Bracelet at $1480 = $7,720 for watch minus strap

I could be wrong maybe omega will just charge the difference between the two 8-)

Your math is totally correct, VegasBond, but omega has a record for charging more for metal straps when they have been purchased later.

My guess is that the mesh bracelet alone will be more expensive than in your calculation.
    In the past it was advisable to buy the more expensive metal bracelet variant and then get the strap instead of vice versa.

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Has anyone seen this specific nato strap offered anywhere for apple watches? Im not quite with the watch game yet but like to get the straps as a nice little nod to wear with what I’ve got
    I popped into my local Omega boutique earlier to have a look at the watch in person.

The version they had was with the NATO strap but at least I finally got the chance to put the watch on.

The first thing I noticed was how incredibly light it is. In fact it didn't even feel like i was wearing a watch at all.
    I was wearing my blue SMD300m with me so the difference in weight was really noticeable. I also have a Planet Ocean on a NATO strap for comparison and the difference is huge. I thought at first that this must just be a display watch.

IMG-1281.jpg

IMG-1282.jpg

IMG-1283.jpg

IMG-1284.jpg

Going to upset some people on here but I have to say in all honesty, I was actually very disappointed with the watch.
    In pictures i had fallen in love with this piece but in the heavily "lit" environment of the Omega boutique I just didn't like the "Tropical" (brown) colour of the dial and bezel ring at all up close and in person.

The lightweight titanium case of the watch made it feel cheaper and this was a BIG issue for me. If i'm paying this much for a watch I want to feel it on my wrist. I don't want to pay a massive premium for it to feel lighter, when no one asked for a lightweight version.

On a more positive note, the Omega boutique staff were friendly, attentive, helpful and engaging :)). However, they also said they would not get any of the mesh bracelets in for "sometime".
  • This might be a dumb question...

Do we know for certainly that this watch is not a limited edition, even with the film's release date getting pushed to Nov.?
    This might be a dumb question...

Do we know for certainly that this watch is not a limited edition, even with the film's release date getting pushed to Nov.?

There's no such thing as a dumb question.

Yes, we know for a fact that this is not a Limited Edition.

Officially from Omega:

THE SEAMASTER DIVER 300M 007 EDITION
    Set your sights on James Bond’s newest timepiece! Designed with the help of Daniel Craig and the 007 producers, this non-limited watch has been built with military needs in mind and is trusted by the spy in the latest movie.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    The Omega guy that was with the one youtube reviewer also said this would be the Bond watch until the next one some four or so years from now. And confirmed that it wasn't limited. So there really is no rush if it is sold out for now.

Also on the titanium. Yes titanium is very light. The first time I tried it was on an Omega Seamaster Chronograph. I was surprised that with the chronograph functions it still felt lighter than my normal Seamaster. And the chronograph was on the bracelet too. It's a feel thing. Watches with Nato straps are lighter than with bracelets. I can't remember which novel but Bond talks about liking a strong watch because he might need to use it as a knuckle duster or something like that.

Personally, I like the watches with straps because of Goldfinger and Thunderball. I grew up wearing watches with straps far more than bracelets. And a bracelet is more formal, luxury, or jewelry to me when I see the majority these days. The titanium is fine and I'm more interested in seeing how the watch will age with time like the Omega guy said. I'll get one when all the hype during the movie period calms down.
    "Better late than never."
    I popped into my local Omega boutique earlier to have a look at the watch in person.

Going to upset some people on here but I have to say in all honesty, I was actually very disappointed with the watch.
    In pictures i had fallen in love with this piece but in the heavily "lit" environment of the Omega boutique I just didn't like the "Tropical" (brown) colour of the dial and bezel ring at all up close and in person.

The lightweight titanium case of the watch made it feel cheaper and this was a BIG issue for me. If i'm paying this much for a watch I want to feel it on my wrist. I don't want to pay a massive premium for it to feel lighter, when no one asked for a lightweight version.

On a more positive note, the Omega boutique staff were friendly, attentive, helpful and engaging :)). However, they also said they would not get any of the mesh bracelets in for "sometime".

The only part that upsets me is the 007 logo on the Nato!I don't mind one on the caseback where it's unobtrusive, but I don't like it being easily displayed.
    Does anyone have the part number for the NATO and Buckle for the 007 Edition?
    @OmegaBondWatches

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    VegasBond wrote:
    Does anyone have the part number for the NATO and Buckle for the 007 Edition?

Part # is 032CWZ011549 and it is $320 plus tax and s/h. Spring bars and the buckle are NOT included and they will need to be purchased separately. I wasn't able to get a part # for the buckle but i think it's the standard model.
    I know where you keep your gun!