Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    Wait, what - $320 JUST for the Nato? Wow and I thought their regular straps were expensive lol
    MikeG77 wrote:
    fleiter wrote:
    Anyone knows if Omega is selling the NATO on its own?

According to Omega the nato strap is available on its own but you're looking at a 3 to 4 week wait as they are on backorder. Part # is 032CWZ011549 and it is $320 plus tax and s/h. Spring bars and the buckle are NOT included and they will need to be purchased separately.
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Omega are milking this for all its worth. The NATO straps will be photocopied and up on Aliexpress once China gets back to business. Bond NATO straps go for a few dollars on there.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    fleiter wrote:

According to Omega the nato strap is available on its own but you're looking at a 3 to 4 week wait as they are on backorder. Part # is 032CWZ011549 and it is $320 plus tax and s/h. Spring bars and the buckle are NOT included and they will need to be purchased separately.

That's flat out ridiculous. I own a Nato for my Seamaster and I love it, but that's just simple price gouging.
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    urhash wrote:
    Wait, what - $320 JUST for the Nato? Wow and I thought their regular straps were expensive lol
    MikeG77 wrote:
    fleiter wrote:

Yup that price is JUST for the nato which means once you factor in tax, s/h, buckle and spring bars you're well over $400....for a strap! I think paid just under $300 for the Commander strap which I might add I've never even worn :# I'll have to look at my invoice for my previous purchase but I think it was just under $300 for the strap including the spring bars and buckle.
    I know where you keep your gun!
    lippe wrote:
    Omega are milking this for all its worth. The NATO straps will be photocopied and up on Aliexpress once China gets back to business. Bond NATO straps go for a few dollars on there.

They shouldn't even be selling a version hat's Nato only seeing as they don't cost that much to produce! It should be included with the milanese version as an extra like they do with a lot of other Special Editions packages.
    IMG-3201.jpg

Checked my invoice. This strap cost me $173.20, came in a red Omega case AND came with an Omega branded tool bar. I love it as an option, but wouldn't spend $400 even if Bond wore it!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    The thing is that Nomi is the one wearing the new NATO in NTTD.

Nomi.jpg

I wonder if she also has it on the new Titanium Seamaster 300M Diver?

The pictures we have seen of her so far were wearing the Aqua Terra on the Black Tactical Style Omega NATO:

f80jcxyqmyo31.png
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    Ok, apparently she does wear the No Time To Die Omega Titanium Seamaster 300M Diver.

ga090-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-no-time-to-die-nomi-lashana-lyn.jpg
  • Jflynn2112Jflynn2112 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Got an email two days ago saying my watch would be with me in 6 weeks.

Got an email today, the day after movie is postponed to say it’ll be with me tomorrow.

Coincidence? :)) :))
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,138MI6 Agent
    Jflynn2112 wrote:

Got an email today, the day after movie is postponed to say it’ll be with me tomorrow.

Unbelievable :))
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    For sure only a coincidence :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I got an email today saying mine is ready to collect. And two hours later, another from another AD. I put my name down at an AD and with Omega direct.

As the hype surrounding the film has burst and I won’t have the elation of wearing it at the opening night or premiere, I’m not picking up one at all until later in the year now and closer to the release. And no doubt better discounted too.

I bet we start seeing these in stores very very soon.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I got an email today saying mine is ready to collect. And two hours later, another from another AD. I put my name down at an AD and with Omega direct.

As the hype surrounding the film has burst and I won’t have the elation of wearing it at the opening night or premiere, I’m not picking up one at all until later in the year now and closer to the release. And no doubt better discounted too.

What store did you reserve the watch at?
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
    Jflynn2112 wrote:

:)) Well, looking forward to your pics!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Yep same here
    My dealer rang today from original 2-3 month wait
    Not going fwd with it and will let mkt settle with no doubt a lot of supply
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    VegasBond wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

What store did you reserve the watch at?

Omega Boutique Bond Street.
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I got to say, this is extremely disappointing from Omega from start to finish.

Whilst i have nothing like the knowledge (or interest!) in watches that some of you do (and I learn so much from all of your posts...) I’ve always considered Omega to be a ‘quality’ brand.

I bought the Brosnan Seamaster as soon as it was available and have pretty much worn it every day since.

I added a 1966 Seamaster (year I was born....yeah, I’m old! ;-) ) about 10 years ago (perfect for dinner parties and formal affairs!) and picked up the Spectre LE watch.

At each point, without truly understanding the finer points of watchmaking, I have always been very happy with what I got.

Personally, I wasn’t taken with the new watch. Having said that, had it been a limited edition I would probably have taken the investment if I could find one.

But Omega’s sales policy on this has been appalling! Price is a huge hike from a comparative Omega product. Package is poor given that it presents in a ‘wallet’ that has gaps in what should be provided. Choice of straps incurs additional cost over already inflated price. And now this whole debacle of ‘drip feed’ supply to ‘f**k it, flood the market quick before people lose interest!’.

I have no skin in this game. I don’t, personally, like the look of the watch.

But the Omega brand is looking a whole lot less impressive as I read all of your posts.
    Yes. Considerably.
    That’s the sadness of it. Omega create and innovate to a high level. They make great watches. But they cheapen their own brand and name by doing things like this. That’s why they’ll never be serious players in the mid to high end watch market when trying to compete with Rolex. And they should be by the product alone.
  • Jflynn2112Jflynn2112 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    wS1kghO.jpg

Arrived and looks great.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Yes, it does! Congratulations! {[]
    Jflynn2112 wrote:
    wS1kghO.jpg

Arrived and looks great.

Congrats! I do like how they tweaked the Spectre strap!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    A tale of two experiences: I walked into two shops this afternoon...the @omega watch store and the @swatch store, both in the King of Prussia Mall. The sales associate in the @omega store couldn’t be bothered with me. I asked him if he had the new No Time To Die watch and he said “sold out everywhere”. I told him I didn’t think they were a limited edition and he said “oh they are very limited”....I pressed him again on this and asked him if he was sure of that. He then said “well, if you give me $5000 deposit I can get you one”. I asked him how I was expected to buy a $9,200 watch sight unseen....he shrugged his shoulders and I left. Then I walked over to the @swatch store and met Logan. Not only was he incredibly helpful and informative but he was also approachable and solution oriented. He could not have made us feel more welcomed. He even gave me his own 007
    Swatch swag that he had....fantastic experience at Swatch Watch Store. @omega , not so much and this store used to be really amongst the best. A bit sad but I am still a fan if the brand...just not the experience I had today.
    0-B395462-46-D6-4-B99-A268-405519615-D10.jpg

13483-A1-F-A62-E-4623-B8-E6-AF467009-FB86.jpg

21-D31-CAB-E13-B-4484-95-A6-0-AB2-D6946081.jpg

A5-E3266-B-DF6-C-46-B2-97-A6-705825-B90-CDC.jpg

D15-BBAB9-FA68-43-E3-B39-C-C2-FA47-A40-DB9.jpg
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    A tale of two experiences: I walked into two shops this afternoon...the @omega watch store and the @swatch store, both in the King of Prussia Mall. The sales associate in the @omega store couldn’t be bothered with me. I asked him if he had the new No Time To Die watch and he said “sold out everywhere”. I told him I didn’t think they were a limited edition and he said “oh they are very limited”....I pressed him again on this and asked him if he was sure of that. He then said “well, if you give me $5000 deposit I can get you one”. I asked him how I was expected to buy a $9,200 watch sight unseen....he shrugged his shoulders and I left. Then I walked over to the @swatch store and met Logan. Not only was he incredibly helpful and informative but he was also approachable and solution oriented. He could not have made us feel more welcomed. He even gave me his own 007
    Swatch swag that he had....fantastic experience at Swatch Watch Store. @omega , not so much and this store used to be really amongst the best. A bit sad but I am still a fan if the brand...just not the experience I had today.

David,

I had the same experience here in Vegas at the Omega Boutique. It is very disappointing that this is happening. It’s very unfortunate and does dampen the experience/excitement with the new timepiece. I don’t remember it being like this when the Spectre watch was in stores and that was a lot more scarce due to the LE element. Shame
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    VegasBond wrote:

David,

I had the same experience here in Vegas at the Omega Boutique. It is very disappointing that this is happening. It’s very unfortunate and does dampen the experience/excitement with the new timepiece. I don’t remember it being like this when the Spectre watch was in stores and that was a lot more scarce due to the LE element. Shame

Given both the exorbitant price of this watch and the financial hit Omega is taking from the film being delayed (they already spent big marketing dollars, remember), it behooved the boutique to bend over backwards for you today, David. Didn't they see you were wearing an Omega? Under the circumstances, this kind of poor customer service is inexcusable. I'm proud of you for not throwing a fit and trotting out your "influencer" numbers. Every customer should be treated well! But the fact remains that you're exactly the wrong person to mistreat because of your audience and the trust we have in you. From a PR perspective, the boutique staff damaged their brand through their rude indifference to you.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I actually really like the watch. It’s too big for my wrist, so buying it isn’t an option, but even if that was not the case the price would put me off. It’s just way too much money for what is basically a jazzed up SMP. I can understand a markup because Bond fans will want it, but this feels like they’re just taking advantage of us. Rolex steel sports watches are expensive, but if they followed Omega’s rationale they’d be running at about $25,000 from the AD!
    edited March 2020
    Cheverian wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

David,

Given both the exorbitant price of this watch and the financial hit Omega is taking from the film being delayed (they already spent big marketing dollars, remember), it behooved the boutique to bend over backwards for you today, David. Didn't they see you were wearing an Omega? Under the circumstances, this kind of poor customer service is inexcusable. I'm proud of you for not throwing a fit and trotting out your "influencer" numbers. Every customer should be treated well! But the fact remains that you're exactly the wrong person to mistreat because of your audience and the trust we have in you. From a PR perspective, the boutique staff damaged their brand through their rude indifference to you.

David,

I'm really sorry you had such a poor experience when shopping at an official Omega boutique but i am curious will you be doing a video on this experience? I am not saying one where you light the brand up but one where you offer some constructive criticism and talk about what they could have done better compared to how Logan (glad to see you have him a shout out in your Instagram post) assisted you at the Swatch store. I remember when you did you Tom Ford video for the Spectre clothes you mentioned that you are very loyal to brands and that the customer service experience is very important to you so based on this experience are you still going get the NTTD watch or will you hold off for a little bit? If i was treated that way i would have had the associate get his manager and i would have asked them a few simple questions....

1. Why is your product knowledge better than the SA at the official Omega boutique?
    2. Is this how Omega wants their SA's to treat prospective customers especially when they're interested in purchasing a 10k watch?
    3. Why do i need to put 5k down when the NTTD is not a limited edition watch?

I know a lot of people who would walk away and never buy anything from Omega if they had an experience like you did especially if they are new to the brand. I know even if i were to overlook such bad customer service that it would bother me especially when i look at the watch because they SA killed that feeling for me!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

David,

David,

I'm really sorry you had such a poor experience when shopping at an official Omega boutique but i am curious will you be doing a video on this experience? I am not saying one where you light the brand up but one where you offer some constructive criticism and talk about what they could have done better compared to how Logan (glad to see you have him a shout out in your Instagram post) assisted you at the Swatch store. I remember when you did you Tom Ford video for the Spectre clothes you mentioned that you are very loyal to brands and that the customer service experience is very important to you so based on this experience are you still going get the NTTD watch or will you hold off for a little bit? If i was treated that way i would have had the associate get his manager and i would have asked them a few simple questions....

1. Why is your product knowledge better than the SA at the official Omega boutique?
    2. Is this how Omega wants their SA's to treat prospective customers especially when they're interested in purchasing a 10k watch?

I know a lot of people who would walk away and never buy anything from Omega if they had an experience like you did especially if they are new to the brand. I know even if i were to overlook such bad customer service that it would bother me especially when i look at the watch because they SA killed that feeling for me!

Mike,

Those questions, whilst valid are very easy to answer.

1. The SAs at the Omega boutique are not James Bond fans like we are (at least in almost all cases) - they have to know about hundreds of different models in the ranges including older models so they may not be as up to date with all of the fine details of one particular watch.

2. NO. Omega would definitely not be happy with the way this customer was treated. Unfortunately this is life in sales no matter what the brand, no matter what the value, sales staff are human beings and if they are having a bad day there is nothing you can do about it (unless of course this is a trend). I don't think anyone here would like to see someone lose their job over such an incident despite it being somewhat frustrating. Just take you business to another boutique where, hopefully you will receive a better service and the new SA will receive his percentage on the watch ordered.

3. From the beginning Omega have always requested a down payment with the NTTD watch. I definitely disagree with the whole way in which Omega have dealt with this particular watch, it should have been a limited production for the asking price and Omega trying to control the demand has been handled very badly. From a business perspective by asking for a down payment of 5K Omega will get a feeling for the desirability of this watch and will therefore be able to plan production / distribution and whether or not they have done the right thing accordingly.

It is always a terrible thing to hear about high end brands treating customers in this way, unfortunately you hear about it way too much.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

David,

Mike,

Those questions, whilst valid are very easy to answer.

1. The SAs at the Omega boutique are not James Bond fans like we are (at least in almost all cases) - they have to know about hundreds of different models in the ranges including older models so they may not be as up to date with all of the fine details of one particular watch.

2. NO. Omega would definitely not be happy with the way this customer was treated. Unfortunately this is life in sales no matter what the brand, no matter what the value, sales staff are human beings and if they are having a bad day there is nothing you can do about it (unless of course this is a trend). I don't think anyone here would like to see someone lose their job over such an incident despite it being somewhat frustrating. Just take you business to another boutique where, hopefully you will receive a better service and the new SA will receive his percentage on the watch ordered.

3. From the beginning Omega have always requested a down payment with the NTTD watch. I definitely disagree with the whole way in which Omega have dealt with this particular watch, it should have been a limited production for the asking price and Omega trying to control the demand has been handled very badly. From a business perspective by asking for a down payment of 5K Omega will get a feeling for the desirability of this watch and will therefore be able to plan production / distribution and whether or not they have done the right thing accordingly.

It is always a terrible thing to hear about high end brands treating customers in this way, unfortunately you hear about it way too much.

I imagine it would be extremely hard to memorize all the different calibre that are in past and present models but Omega only has 2 big releases as of this year and that's the NTTD Seamaster and the new Speedmaster Calibre 321.

I agree with you that no one wants to see someone lose their job over a single incident but like you said these issues are happening more and more at boutiques. When it comes to going to another location that may be difficult for some as a lot of the larger Swiss brands are streamlining there AD relationships and focusing more on company owned boutiques. Where i live we had Jared and Reeds Jewelers that sold Omega watches but Jared lost there AD status and Reeds dropped Omega as there was a warranty issue and Omega treated the president of company poorly so he pulled their product out his locations. There is now an AD near where i live and if i didn't go there i'd need to go to NYC :#

I have no issue with Omega asking for a down payment but 10% would have been more appropriate and not 5k :s I do agree they should have just released a limited # but maybe they figured the price would be what makes it "limited edition". Either way they shot themselves in the foot and now they have to contend with the coronavirus and now the movie is postponed. I imagine we'll hear of people getting calls over the next week or so advising that their watch came in early :))
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    That’s terrible. Luckily I’ve always received good service from them.

Recently I noticed that one of the keepers on my Planet Ocean rubber strap was split. I checked online and found one for over £20! I contacted the Oxford Street Boutique and enquired about a replacement. No problem Sir, we will put one aside for you and you can have it free of charge. I collected it and they had a very happy customer. It’s really not difficult is it to provide excellent customer service.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Sorry to hear this, David and Omega should be upset about how some of their staff behave.....

Success can be a terrible thing and bring out the worse in people.
    This obviously was the case with the individual that you had to deal with in that Omega Boutique.
    The sales person obviously thought that he had a „hot“ item and could play the „you play at my rules“ treatment which is simply arrogant.
    I am sure that he‘ll soon find out that he‘s been very wrong on many fronts.

Fortunately, there are still good points of sale out there, who, while being successful - have the proper ethics remaining and are giving their clients a great experience.

That‘s why I am very loyal to my AD.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!