Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    This used to be a good thread about the NTTD watch, until 2 pages the fake watches brigade took over and we are discussing fake watches now :#
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    This used to be a good thread about the NTTD watch, until 2 pages the fake watches brigade took over and we are discussing fake watches now :#

Unfortunately that tends to happen :# hopefully the thread will now move back to its original intention...

I would reply to the post from lippe but you already did that admirably -{
    YNWA 97
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I could imagine that someone on Omega‘s payroll may read here on AJB.

Now imagine that this is passed to the heads of Omega.
    I guess that it wouldn‘t be long that Eon gets a call.

Likely to happen? Maybe not?
    Totally impossible? Maybe not?

And reports what? No-one's giving them away or even saying where to buy them, we've just mentioned that they exist. Talking about a burglary next door doesn't make you a thief.
    Higgins wrote:

No-one's stopping you: what do you want to say about the Omega?

Crusade-076-Card-100.png
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    texas007 wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    AJB was shut down before because of copyright issues and I don‘t want to see this happening again.

That is not. true, AJB was shut down because of a script leak -{ :D

I missed that one

Way before your time Kan -{
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Wow, there are so many wrong statements, I‘ve lost count!

If you started with learning to count then mayhap you wouldn’t have followed up with such drivel where the point clearly veered straight over your head.

As for the statement “fakes are fakes - period”, look up what a synonym is. It’ll help grandly.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    lippe wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Wow, there are so many wrong statements, I‘ve lost count!

If you started with learning to count then mayhap you wouldn’t have followed up with such drivel where the point clearly veered straight over your head.

As for the statement “fakes are fakes - period”, look up what a synonym is. It’ll help grandly.

Maybe you could respond with a reasoned argument rather than a prepubescent personal attack.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    I’ve contacted a couple of my local’ish boutiques recently (Sydney and Melbourne) and have been told that they have the Ti Milanese bracelets on order, but they don’t have an eta on delivery. Price will be around $2000AUD. So if anyone’s considering picking one up at some point, they’ll definitely be available, just no idea when that will be. I haven’t asked about the nato being available separately.

Contacted my OB for an update on the above (gotta keep on them) and a they’re chasing it up and getting back to me Monday, but one thing they mentioned was that they seem to think that in addition to the standard length, the bracelet will be available in short and long. So if that turns out to be the case, that might be good for people with smaller wrists that would have too much overlap on the standard length...or people with freakishly large wrists that somehow don’t have enough length on the standard.
    edited May 2020
    JTM, that’s exactly the opposite to what Omega’s HO told me. When I first ordered mine there was an option to list wrist size. Unfortunately every time I tried to select my size, it would default to the largest option when I tried to check out. I did this so many times that in the end I got fed up I just checked out anyway as the watch comes unadjusted due to the packaging. This led to them not sending the watch out at all. And to top it off, not even bothering to tell me it wasn’t being sent. When I finally got through to Omega they said they’d ring me back later that afternoon. They didn’t, so next day I tried them again. Same response, they would pass the message on to the Dales dept and they would get back as priority. Again, they didn’t. So again I phoned them and asked to speak to someone in a senior position. I was told they were out but they would return my call as soon as they came back. I told the person I was speaking to that no one ever does, and she confidently informed me that this guy would as he was very good. He didn’t. Later that day I had an email telling me the watch hadn’t shipped as the bracelet only comes in one size, and that they wouldn’t be making them in any other size. Could I reply with what I wanted to do. So I did immediately, telling them of the problem on the order page and to just send the watch out. The reply came later that evening telling m ethe bracelet only comes in one size and that I can’t be sent out with a longer version.

So you can see why I was losing all hope with them. Finally the next day, I got through to someone higher up who said they would send out the watch and a really cool free gift that would restore my faith in Omega. The day after, I got nothing. The day after that too. It was over a week now since I had expected the watch. Again, I phoned them and got the standard, they’ll ring back! I had no option as it was the day before lockdown and they were running on skeleton staff. That evening I got the email it had shipped. Next day, I got the watch, badly packaged, without all of the packaging that should come with the watch as standard, and to top it off, when I opened the shipping box, the watch box itself was damaged due to it having no protection, and with the shipping box so massive, it just banged around inside every time the box was moved during transit which caused the lid to come off the watch box and the watch to be free and floating around as they hadn’t even bothered to tuck it into the pouches on the inner canvas roll.

I immediately sent pictures of the damage and the fact that there was no ‘utterly amazing free gift that would restore my faith in Omega”. My reply was to ship the box back after lockdown. And they would investigate and MAYBE send a replacement. I replied that if they were still shipping orders out, so why not ship my box and gift out too. It’s clear the box is damaged and it was insufficiently packaged from the detailed hi res pictures. To this day, I haven’t had a reply off them despite my sending that same emails a follow up.

They are still shipping orders. And as I posted earlier in this thread, I bought a NATO off them that was exquisitely packaged in a bomb proof custom shipping case. AND padded and branded box to hold that, before being placed in an appropriate shipping box. I guess a £110 strap investment means more to them than a high end watch costing 70 times that. Strange practice.

That’s a condensed version. It’s actually even worse than that as the bracelet sizing issue was the very last in a long list of excuses as to why they didn’t ship the watch at first, and people not getting back to me. It started a good four days before they used the bracelet issue. Whatever utterly amazing free gift they were sending to restore my faith in Omega, has now turned into an issue where I hate Omega more. I have never met such poor customer service when purchasing anything, let alone a £7300 watch. Utterly disgusting.

3-B59-B9-B9-8-CF1-4-E45-8-DFA-5-D5-F03-C7-F41-D.jpg

62-B855-F9-B9-C9-4-C04-B486-A97-F6-CF4-D165.jpg

96324-B69-F17-C-4550-B651-86-FE5342-D841.jpg

FE1-FC0-EA-3-D18-4684-8854-B8-AF423890-CB.jpg
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    wow that is bad bad - so sorry to hear - I would be super pissed too
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited May 2020
    I could tolerate that on maybe a high end bit of clothing but for a watch of that price I would expect the packaging to be perfect.

Disgraceful
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    My goodness, I really don't see how they can have the audacity to charge that much when they clearly have so little interest in serving customers. Staggering.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I could tolerate that on maybe a high end bit of clothing but for a watch of that price I would except the packaging to be perfect.

Disgraceful
    Have you broken down your Patek boxes and discovered the thai marking stamps Welshie :D

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I've had some exceptional customer service from companies during lockdown. Yes, things may take a bit longer (although not necessarily), but considering that most warehouses and distribution centres have skeleton staff and most non-warehouse staff are working from home these days, some companies really do "get it." There's no excuse for the treatment you received from Omega whether you'd bought a £7 t-shirt or a £7300 watch. It's really disgusting.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    That's appalling. I can only hope that EON becomes aware of the brand's tarnished reputation and turns to another brand for Bond's watch come the next reboot.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I could tolerate that on maybe a high end bit of clothing but for a watch of that price I would except the packaging to be perfect.

Disgraceful
    Have you broken down your Patek boxes and discovered the thai marking stamps Welshie :D

They are supposed to come with a box?

**** :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    That's appalling. I can only hope that EON becomes aware of the brand's tarnished reputation and turns to another brand for Bond's watch come the next reboot.

I've no idea what their customer service is like, but it would be quite nice to see him in just a straight up Rolex again.
  • lotusguy2001lotusguy2001 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    edited May 2020
    Higgins wrote:
    Well nobody is pretending anything.

This thread is about the NTTD movie watch which is hardly a fake.

And the business of fake watches is highly criminal.
    Producing and distributing those in China is illegal by law!

If emtiem feels the need to discuss fake watches on AJB, open a new thread and see if it‘s accepted by a mod.
    Gosh... I lurk on here but higgy always seems to be on his high horse or stirring the pot with anti us talk, or bashing dalton and calling fans timboys, or how his German watches are so great. I’ll just leave this here. And he can publicly apologize to the guy who discussed a fake watch in his thread!

Everybody should watch this:

A higgy post from earlier this year.

Those fakes are getting really good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8izNCg4 … e=youtu.be
    FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Wow Asp, that’s shocking customer service from Omega! I just can’t see how the person responsible for packing your watch would think it was okay to put a small, fragile, box containing a very expensive watch into a much larger box, without a single bit of protective packing material (bubble wrap, polystyrene, cardboard structure etc). They really should’ve put something in the black box as well to stop the roll and watch from moving around inside it—that’s how mine came.

I hope Omega eventually make a genuine attempt to resolve their completely unacceptable mistakes and provide, at minimum, that promised gift for you.

Also, thanks for clarifying the bracelet length thing for me—I’ll believe the word of what the HO told you over what one sales person told me.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Buying a luxury watch should be a pleasurable, enjoyable experience..........unfortunately this was not the case here which is a massive shame :(
    Yes. Considerably!
    edited May 2020
    Gosh... I lurk on here but higgy always seems to be on his high horse or stirring the pot with anti us talk, or bashing dalton and calling fans timboys, or how his German watches are so great. I’ll just leave this here. And he can publicly apologize to the guy who discussed a fake watch in his thread!

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Boo-hoo :D
    Very cute :D
    Have I hurt your feelings?
    Do you want to talk about it? :D

And yes, pointing out that those fakes are getting dangerously accurate is ok to me, but do we need to „discuss“ them for 2 pages now?

And yes, german watches are great - feel free to try contradicting me on that.
    And Seiko!

JTM wrote:
    Wow Asp, that’s shocking customer service from Omega! I just can’t see how the person responsible for packing your watch would think it was okay to put a small, fragile, box containing a very expensive watch into a much larger box, without a single bit of protective packing material (bubble wrap, polystyrene, cardboard structure etc). They really should’ve put something in the black box as well to stop the roll and watch from moving around inside it—that’s how mine came.

I hope Omega eventually make a genuine attempt to resolve their completely unacceptable mistakes and provide, at minimum, that promised gift for you.

Also, thanks for clarifying the bracelet length thing for me—I’ll believe the word of what the HO told you over what one sales person told me.

It is sort of hard to believe someone would just chuck a seven grand watch into a big empty box like that, isn't it? What were they thinking of? You'd think they'd have tight rules and procedures in place about that sort of thing. And then it sounds like they just got worse and worse from there.
    I hope Asp has posted about his experience on other forums, Twitter etc.
    Higgins wrote:

Great comeback 8-)
    edited May 2020
    Higgins wrote:

Have I hurt your feelings?
    Do you want to talk about it? :D

And yes, pointing out that those fakes are getting dangerously accurate is ok to me, but do we need to „discuss“ them for 2 pages now?

And yes, german watches are great - feel free to try contradicting me on that.
    And Seiko!

And guess what you are wrong about Dalton too!

Of course you would never admit it.

But even though LTK was released summer 89 where Indy and Batman were dominating the box office in the USA, guess what worldwide it made more money than AVTAK and octopussy.

Look at summer of 89 and the blockbuster movies it was against. Star Trek v three days after it opened, Batman, Indy, dead poets society, lethal weapon 2, ghostbusters 2 and on and on. Guaranteed sir Rog would have been creamed as would pierce. I remember that summer between seeing Batman all the time I’d hit all those other favorites in between, heck even movies like parenthood, Friday the 13 and Freddy v also sucked up a bunch of dollars as well. But of course after being able to see a bond film every two years previously had nothing to do with it. It was all about the public rejecting “ misty eyes” . Only his second film , drop was not near as bad as sir roger and the man with the golden gun. Those are facts, but you will continue to act omnipresent and enter any thread regarding Dalton and spread your view.

Also how “brewmont” is horrible etc etc and on and on.

But I see you time and time again that you get into every Dalton post spewing blah blah misty eyes, blah blah nobody liked him I remember in Germany everyone hated his casting etc.

You are a windbag sometimes it seems whenever the opinion differs from yours. It doesn’t help that I hear all your posts in that stupid stuffy know it all Higgins from magnum voice but you insist in staying in character all the time with your itsHiggins bs all the time.

I am still waiting for your public apology, for which the poster deserves, you always demand them yourself when you feel you have been slighted.
    :)) :)) :))

8-)
    Higgins wrote:
    :)) :)) :))
    8-)
    Figured you had nothing to dispute that
    I feel for you :)) :)) :))

Must be hard owning a Brewmond and being a Timboy in those days.
    Keep the hate going, :x

Pretty sure I remember someone complaining this thread had got off topic on the previous page...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    emtiem wrote:
    Pretty sure I remember someone complaining this thread had got off topic on the previous page...

Certainly has…and it’s getting worse and personal…so please can we stop this here, go to PM’s if necessary…and let’s get back on topic...thank you.
    YNWA 97
  • OOOO United KingdomPosts: 16MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    That’s a condensed version. It’s actually even worse than that as the bracelet sizing issue was the very last in a long list of excuses as to why they didn’t ship the watch at first, and people not getting back to me.  It started a good four days before they used the bracelet issue.  Whatever utterly amazing free gift they were sending to restore my faith in Omega, has now turned into an issue where I hate Omega more.  I have never met such poor customer service when purchasing anything, let alone a £7300 watch.  Utterly disgusting.

Asp, that’s really shocking treatment from Omega. It’s so sad to hear of the brand’s demise. Spending this kind of money on a luxury item, such as a watch, I would expect to see nothing short of the red carpet being rolled out for you.

Out of curiosity, your pouch looks like it includes a tool in the little pocket next to the watch - I wonder if that was meant to be the ‘really cool free gift’? Reviews I’ve seen of the watch have mentioned this pocket comes empty, and my own NTTD watch did not come with a tool in the pocket. Not that it in any way makes up for the appalling service you received, but I wonder if that’s the missing gift…

Robert
    Hola. Somos maestros en año sabático… y nos ganamos la lotería.
    I’ve had the spring bar tool for some time. They didn’t send me that.
  • OOOO United KingdomPosts: 16MI6 Agent
    I sure wish they did include that as standard. For the money the watch costs, it's pretty lame to send out the pouch with that empty pocket. Anyway, sorry for your experience. It's truly shocking!

Robert
    Hola. Somos maestros en año sabático… y nos ganamos la lotería.