Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    This is true, they made a slot for it and the tool is only a tenner. And the packaging hardly cost anything, you don’t even get a wallet for your cards :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    The empty slot in the pouch is an absolute joke. It's almost as if there's been a massive blunder between Omega pouch design dept and production/fulfilment.. 8-)

The service Asp9mm describes is a disgrace. Neither the company nor its employees seem to care one jot. Often when customer service is so bad, the root cause is poor treatment and lack of care and reward of its employees, which in turn filters down to the customer.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I made the faintest joke about the empty tool slot when my boutique was showing it to me and they immediately said "oh, I think we can get you one to put in there, don't worry." I can imagine that the folks you deal with when ordering direct have none of the sales training that boutique staff do. If you're ordering from the site, they've got you already; there's no need to make you feel special or courted.

Not excusing it, but I guess it doesn't surprise me. You're dealing with some kind of fulfillment employee who doesn't make anything off your business, didn't have to work to earn it, and will never themself hear how unhappy you are.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,706MI6 Agent
    OO wrote:
    I sure wish they did include that as standard. For the money the watch costs, it's pretty lame to send out the pouch with that empty pocket. Anyway, sorry for your experience. It's truly shocking!

Robert

I do think that's a bit of an insult: they can't even be bothered to give you something that would cost them doubtless a few pennies for your massive outlay. I find it unbelievable actually.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited June 2020
    I have to say tracking this thread I was originally a bit mah whatever about this watch especially due to pricing. Then it kind of grew on me and I was eventually up for possibly buying one.

Then I started to apply reason (well in my mind) Commander Bond served in the Navy, the Armed Forces back in the day issue watch was the vintage SM300. In NTTD he is retired with supposedly his issue watch so it would be vintage (a point backed up but the Omega use of faux pantina on the new one) - but I do like the mesh bracelet. (Reality is due to his current age it would more likely be a CWC Navy Diver anyway, but let’s go with or it kills the post)

So bingo no need to make another outlay just enjoy the one I have (which has been on a mesh for at least the last decade) and be done with it.

Seems recent purchases have not necessarily delivered the sort of experience one might expect from a Omega from 5k+ purchase.

Cheers :007)

P.S And yes know the dates out but I just grabbed it from the collection as I was heading out in the RGT and it been in storage for a while.

image.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

image.jpg

Lovely watch that -{
    Yes. Considerably!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited June 2020
    So apart from the well versed poor service / lack of trinkets / afterthought packaging...

My better half asked me to meet her at my local AD on Monday... And an early Fathers Day pressie awaited from my wife and kids (who I have devoted my life to)... (B25 is going to make the best job in the world, being a Dad, cool again too)...

Just for note, I was treated like a King, got a modest but acceptable discount (given the times / pressures) and promised goodies if and when they get any...

Watch is just lovely, looks bigger than I expected and not too light (which worried me) and I do like that its very different to my others.

Very special and even more so its from my beloved family :x

DSC-3198.jpg
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    I've not been up to date on this since I got the news when Hodinkee featured it yesterday or the day before.

Really love the no date aspect of it. I'd pony out and cough it up just for that.
    How's the bracelet?

and btw congrats 007JBDCMWR!
    a reasonable rate of return
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    What a wonderful gift! And I think it says something about your job approval as a dad and husband. Cheers!
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    So apart from the well versed poor service / lack of trinkets / afterthought packaging...

My better half asked me to meet her at my local AD on Monday... And an early Fathers Day pressie awaited from my wife and kids (who I have devoted my life to)... (B25 is going to make the best job in the world, being a Dad, cool again too)...

Just for note, I was treated like a King, got a modest but acceptable discount (given the times / pressures) and promised goodies if and when they get any...

Watch is just lovely, looks bigger than I expected and not too light (which worried me) and I do like that its very different to my others.tui

DSC-3198.jpg

Wow congratulations, what a lovey gift!

Does it have a bit of a domed crystal? Looks like it in your shots: I like a bit of retro doming!
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    How marvellous - the family must be after something...? ;)

Got to say, the watch looks great. I really didn’t like it at first, but it’s definitely growing on me - particularly with the Milanese bracelet, rather than the NATO.

Thanks for sharing - and enjoy the hell out of it!
    Yes. Considerably.
    Thanks guys! Humbled.

Some on here know, but both my kids really shouldnt be here after very troubled starts. I owe my joy to some amazing surgeons / doctors / nurses.

I treasure them and give up everything I can to spend time with them and give them laughs / love / joy.

Re watch, yes a def dome glass. The bracelet / clasp are very comfy, no arm hair pulling etc. Havent cracked getting it on quickly yet, you have to pop open main clasp and then a subclasp, slide the strap in and then reverse the process. But sits well.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    It's a beauty - congrats! And nice to see you wearing a suit in lockdown too :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    DSC-3198.jpg

What a great family and what a great watch! Congrats buddy {[]
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    My reservations about NTTD and Omega notwithstanding, I’ve liked the watch from the moment we first got a good look at it. Too large for my wrist, but it’s a beauty.
    It's a beauty - congrats! And nice to see you wearing a suit in lockdown too :007)

In truth I wasnt, but felt driven to Don the correct Tom Ford suit and shirt for the moment!
    BP Joes have been due for ages and then the whole London V8 Getup is completed

Thanks all!

Heres a close up for those asking about its colouring

20200617-185559.jpg

Next task is to try to find a nice storage solution.

Presently use an old watchwinder (never turned on I may add) but now the CR SM and AT SF are homeless.

If anyone knows of a carbon or black piano wood storage / display box x6 cushions, but not flat, I want an angled one as they sit at about 4.5 feet on a unit... So flat ones dont really display them.

DSC-3195.jpg

DSC-0002.jpg

• UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Beautiful collection and a very fine addition! Congratulations {[]
    It really is very handsome: that and the Spectre are certainly my picks of your lovely collection! You can see how chunky those POs are there.
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Watch is just lovely, looks bigger than I expected and not too light (which worried me) and I do like that its very different to my others.

Looks beautiful! Congratulations!

DSC-3198.jpg
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Congratulations on your new watch 007JBDCMWR. Must mean even more to you coming from the family. Wear with love and pride -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

In truth I wasnt, but felt driven to Don the correct Tom Ford suit and shirt for the moment!
    BP Joes have been due for ages and then the whole London V8 Getup is completed

Thanks all!

Heres a close up for those asking about its colouring

20200617-185559.jpg

Thanks for sharing photos! Congratulations and happy Father's Day to you!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Is this the only Omega that has been spotted so far? I believe there are multiples in all of the other DC movies, curious as to what else we might see when we finally get to see NTTD? I personally hope that we see the new Nato, perhaps a new Planet Ocean and definitely an Aqua Tera or some other dressier piece.
  • StormsComingStormsComing UKPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    It really is a stunning timepiece, which I'm very unlikely to ever be able to afford but I can appreciate it's beauty :x
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    Is this the only Omega that has been spotted so far? I believe there are multiples in all of the other DC movies, curious as to what else we might see when we finally get to see NTTD? I personally hope that we see the new Nato, perhaps a new Planet Ocean and definitely an Aqua Tera or some other dressier piece.

There's an Aqua Terra in the Italy scenes.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    congrats 007JBDCMWR , looks even better when you see it on someone else's wrist.
    I love mine and wear it every day , its so light.
    nato coming soon to complete it :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • CmdrBond007CmdrBond007 Washington, DCPosts: 7MI6 Agent
    I was wondering if others who have the NTTD Omega found it difficult to read? While it is stunning there are times I have to angle it certain ways to see the time clearly without a massive reflection. I can’t tell if it is the domed sapphire-crystal, color scheme or a combination.
    "I said you're a bloody Idiot!"
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    I was wondering if others who have the NTTD Omega found it difficult to read? While it is stunning there are times I have to angle it certain ways to see the time clearly without a massive reflection. I can’t tell if it is the domed sapphire-crystal, color scheme or a combination.

haven’t had this issue with mine so far. The dome will create some crazy reflections when I’m driving on the watch surface, but I’m not trying to read my watch from that angle of course.
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    A special delivery from Omega today. After five months of owning the watch, it can finally be screen accurate! Also got Omega to throw in the spring bar tool because their ridiculously expensive watch doesn’t come with anything tool-wise for some reason.

6-DC2-EDAF-FB56-4-BEE-8-D10-B016-E38-D1348.jpg
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    A special delivery from Omega today. After five months of owning the watch, it can finally be screen accurate! Also got Omega to throw in the spring bar tool because their ridiculously expensive watch doesn’t come with anything tool-wise for some reason.

6-DC2-EDAF-FB56-4-BEE-8-D10-B016-E38-D1348.jpg

Did I miss something? Did you buy it on the NATO?