Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    I pulled the trigger and bought it today from the local Omega Boutique. Having not seen it in person prior, I must say it’s a beauty. One of the best ever.

5-E77-B9-C1-347-B-4-F3-B-B868-23511-B6-DC925.jpg

D480896-E-1706-4449-AE1-A-D77-A88-B633-D6.jpg

D6567379-D587-4-C51-884-A-3-A297-C4-A382-B.jpg

DFE314-E5-B0-F2-42-E8-8542-940-F07-EB5-F82.jpg

E8119813-10-FC-483-B-916-E-CB1020-D39949.jpg

Congratulations Bill!!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Wears nice on your wrist Bill!

I really should chase mine up but with the film delayed im not too bothered at the moment
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Welcome to the club :007) although I've had a nightmare situation you can't deny its a beautiful timepiece
    enjoy pal
    007 reporting for duty
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Welcome to the club :007) although I've had a nightmare situation you can't deny its a beautiful timepiece
    enjoy pal

Yes all customer service issues aside, she is definitely a real beauty—I can’t get it off my wrist!

3-E35-FD51-3866-4397-A7-EA-3-C4-C1-B321-F2-C.jpg
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    {[] It is indeed a beautiful watch! Congratulations!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Congrats. Wear it in good health
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    As an owner of a 1966 (year of my birth), Brosnan original (I am that old!) and the Spectre Omega, I wasn’t really taken with this new addition at all - in fact, as QuantumofSolange will attest to, I was very disappointed in it.

Got to be said, the more I see it now, the more I really, really like it.

Poor service notwithstanding, it has to be said that this watch really is a beautiful thing.

Not sure how much longer I can resist...

Anybody in the UK had a great experience??
    Yes. Considerably.
    Congrats Jordan. Looks great
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    My experience got laughable. In the end I was talking to my AD and he told me to bring my damaged box and he’d swap it. He did. I didn’t deal with them, yet they did what Omega should have done five months back. He also promised me a few NTTD Omega freebies to soften the experience. Something Omega should have done five months ago. He also offered me discount on any further Omega watches if I dealt with them in future. Parting gift was a bottle of champagne and an apology on behalf of Omega. Even though they aren’t an Omega boutique and Omega is one of their lower end brands. Proper customer service above and beyond.

I told Omega it had been sorted. Their reply was simply unbelievable. First they said that THEY were glad THEY’D got it sorted. That THEY will not offer discount ( not that I’d ever asked them), and that I would still get my free gifts, even though it was now sorted.

My free gifts arrived :)) :)) :)) Free is exactly what they should be.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Glad it all got sorted in the end...even though Omega had no direct part in the resolution. It's just ridiculous how little they seemed to care! Sounds like you've got a great AD there—don't let him go :)
    Hope mine goes smoother lol
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    My experience got laughable. In the end I was talking to my AD and he told me to bring my damaged box and he’d swap it. He did. I didn’t deal with them, yet they did what Omega should have done five months back. He also promised me a few NTTD Omega freebies to soften the experience. Something Omega should have done five months ago. He also offered me discount on any further Omega watches if I dealt with them in future. Parting gift was a bottle of champagne and an apology on behalf of Omega. Even though they aren’t an Omega boutique and Omega is one of their lower end brands. Proper customer service above and beyond.

I told Omega it had been sorted. Their reply was simply unbelievable. First they said that THEY were glad THEY’D got it sorted. That THEY will not offer discount ( not that I’d ever asked them), and that I would still get my free gifts, even though it was now sorted.

It’s simply incredible that you had to go through all this and STILL Omega think they did a great job :o

I’m seriously thinking of selling my two Planet Oceans and investing in a Rolex instead.
    YNWA 97
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    My apology was an Omega A5 note book and Omega leather credit card holder.
    Apparently these are not for re sale :))
    I still have a Nato strap in bits and Omega's replied back with this -

Please accept our apologies as you will be the only customer who has so far received this spare nato strap individually as otherwise we are only selling it as a complete watch.

still waiting for my response.
    Glad when it will be over
    Asp9mm wrote:

007 reporting for duty
    So once the strap has worn out, we can’t get replacements. Genius :s And complete BS.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I'm not fussed about not being able to buy Nomi's NATO strap, but that is a bit short-sighted about replacements...
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words on my watch. The only complaint I've had with Omega is that they tried a hard ball approach to selling the watch, with a full deposit demanded upfront, etc.
    I believe the global pandemic softened their approach as perhaps it isn't selling as robust as they had planned.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Oh and pictures don't do it justice. It's a real beauty
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I was offered about 11% off this watch recently so things must be slowing down.
    Yes. Considerably!
    ichaice wrote:

Not bad mate. How is supply at the moment in UK?

Im next on the list according to my AD (I didnt expect it to take this long but not too bothered)
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    ichaice wrote:

Im next on the list according to my AD (I didnt expect it to take this long but not too bothered)

I've seen some supposedly for sale via seemingly reputable independent US dealers.

https://www.takuyawatches.com/product/brand-new-2020-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-007-james-bond-titanium-mesh-bracelet-full-set/

The price seems close to the retail, maybe a little inflated. Is there something going on here I don't know about (for instance, Takuya don't actually have the watch in hand)?

I'm not versed enough in high end watch sales to know about these things. I've been working the past few years to educate myself as I start targeting higher and higher end watches. I don't have a relationship with an AD needless to say!

PS: Can anyone recommend a trustworthy dealer you've worked with in the past.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited August 2020
    Sad to hear of so many having bad customer service experiences from Omega...though of course the Bond Experience review was also born of that.

If anyone happens to be in London I can't recommend speaking to Cesar at Regent Street enough, I had a wonderful experience purchasing the NTTD, Spectre AT and other bits there.

Glad to see despite travails everyone seems happy when it's on the wrist it really does feel pretty special.
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    ichaice wrote:

I've seen some supposedly for sale via seemingly reputable independent US dealers.

https://www.takuyawatches.com/product/brand-new-2020-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-007-james-bond-titanium-mesh-bracelet-full-set/

The price seems close to the retail, maybe a little inflated. Is there something going on here I don't know about (for instance, Takuya don't actually have the watch in hand)?

I'm not versed enough in high end watch sales to know about these things. I've been working the past few years to educate myself as I start targeting higher and higher end watches. I don't have a relationship with an AD needless to say!

PS: Can anyone recommend a trustworthy dealer you've worked with in the past.

Watch of Switzerland in the Wynn, Las Vegas! Superb service, Included the nato with my NTTD watch.
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
    Omega directly is not the way to go. Omega watches are no longer the way to go. This was sent to them last night.

Hello,

I was going to let it go. Awful service though it was. The gifts were appreciated although not a patch on what my dealer gave me for YOUR mistakes. But I just tried to use my phone charger you gave me for the first time tonight. And it doesn’t work. The irony might be lost on you.

I’ve been talking on the forums about my experience and it seems I’m not alone.

I love Omega’s history. I have military watches from both grandfathers W that were worn in WW2, and that also my father wore, late 60’s. I even wore one in the Nineties in Northern Ireland and numerous other places along with my Rolex Sub. I’ve collected Omega for three decades, including, and especially military variants. But you are no longer that company that broke so many barriers and forged ahead with innovations and the customer in mind. You don’t care about the customer once you’ve taken their money, and you don’t have to work or offer any pleasantry to get the customer to buy your products online, so why would you. You take that money, throw them their watch and walk away without a care in the World. You are no longer Omega. Just a faceless corporate money bagging scheme.

Good luck with that.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Omega directly is not the way to go. Omega watches are no longer the way to go. This was sent to them last night.

Hello,

I was going to let it go. Awful service though it was. The gifts were appreciated although not a patch on what my dealer gave me for YOUR mistakes. But I just tried to use my phone charger you gave me for the first time tonight. And it doesn’t work. The irony might be lost on you.

I love Omega’s history. I have military watches from both grandfathers W that were worn in WW2, and that also my father wore, late 60’s. I even wore one in the Nineties in Northern Ireland and numerous other places along with my Rolex Sub. I’ve collected Omega for three decades, including, and especially military variants. But you are no longer that company that broke so many barriers and forged ahead with innovations and the customer in mind. You don’t care about the customer once you’ve taken their money, and you don’t have to work or offer any pleasantry to get the customer to buy your products online, so why would you. You take that money, throw them their watch and walk away without a care in the World. You are no longer Omega. Just a faceless corporate money bagging scheme.

Good luck with that.

I’m so sorry for your unfortunate experience, but I’d love to hear their reply (if any). They are really damaging their brand.
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    edited August 2020
    welshboy78 wrote:

Not sure. I was originally asking about the Aqua Terra after reading the AT thread on here and then asked about this one.
    Yes. Considerably!
    JET007 wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Hello,

Good luck with that.

I’m so sorry for your unfortunate experience, but I’d love to hear their reply (if any). They are really damaging their brand.

It will be just a “Sorry you are disappointed in your experience, rest assured we try to offer the best experience to all our customers, any assistance you need in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact us.” That’s what I normally get.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    X-( I‘ve had better customer experiences from Chinese Alibaba sellers .

Absolutely appalling....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • CB0012CB0012 Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    I have an honest question. With all the negative experiences lately with Omega, is this indicative of the Swatch Group as a whole or does Omega speak and act for just the Omega brand. I've been looking at several timepieces lately under the Swatch umbrella and I'm not 100% sure I want to support this conglomerate.
    I bought a Longines a couple of weeks before. Again, direct from them online. Superb service.

59-E45848-F3-FF-40-CF-8871-6815-AAFE4915.jpg
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Hello,

Good luck with that.

Good for you. I will continue to give my money to Rolex/Tudor. I didn’t have much interest in Omega before, and now I have even less. What a joke they are. If the Bond property changes hands after NTTD, perhaps we’ll be rid of them. One can hope.