Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Omega directly is not the way to go. Omega watches are no longer the way to go. This was sent to them last night.

Hello,

I was going to let it go. Awful service though it was. The gifts were appreciated although not a patch on what my dealer gave me for YOUR mistakes. But I just tried to use my phone charger you gave me for the first time tonight. And it doesn’t work. The irony might be lost on you.

I’ve been talking on the forums about my experience and it seems I’m not alone.

I love Omega’s history. I have military watches from both grandfathers W that were worn in WW2, and that also my father wore, late 60’s. I even wore one in the Nineties in Northern Ireland and numerous other places along with my Rolex Sub. I’ve collected Omega for three decades, including, and especially military variants. But you are no longer that company that broke so many barriers and forged ahead with innovations and the customer in mind. You don’t care about the customer once you’ve taken their money, and you don’t have to work or offer any pleasantry to get the customer to buy your products online, so why would you. You take that money, throw them their watch and walk away without a care in the World. You are no longer Omega. Just a faceless corporate money bagging scheme.

Good luck with that.

Did you post on facebook after all? They really do deserve to be called out publicly.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I bought a Longines a couple of weeks before. Again, direct from them online. Superb service.

59-E45848-F3-FF-40-CF-8871-6815-AAFE4915.jpg

Aren‘t you the one constantly moaning about fake patina lume?
    But a fake Patina dial is ok? :s
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I’ve just read this thread on a watch forum I frequent. It shows that Omega can get it right sometimes. To be fair the service I’ve received from the several boutiques I’ve used in London has always been very good.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?478223-Omega-UK-Service-Impressed!
    Yes. Considerably!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I bought a Longines a couple of weeks before. Again, direct from them online. Superb service.

59-E45848-F3-FF-40-CF-8871-6815-AAFE4915.jpg

Aren‘t you the one constantly moaning about fake patina lume?
    But a fake Patina dial is ok? :s

No, you’re the one always banging on about fake patina. So happens the Longines patina dial was vile, so I sent it back. Got a Smiths version and it’s much nicer. Better size to the originals and amazing blued hands. True they never made the RAF pilots watches during the War, but the clocks were in the aircraft and they would supply the military a few decades later.

4565622-F-0-B4-D-41-A2-87-B5-AD76-EC610-E3-C.jpg

C9787-A0-C-C779-438-D-949-E-31-F34-AB25-D51.jpg
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    {[] {[]

Well done, I‘d say that the Smith‘s watch has much more soul than the Longines with the faketina {:)

• UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Nice! Love the picture with the cap, reminds me of the Pan Bond Paperbacks. B-) -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Take with a pinch of salt but a UK dealer told me Omega are having a price increase on Sept 1st bringing the Bond model up to £7,880.00
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Take with a pinch of salt but a UK dealer told me Omega are having a price increase on Sept 1st bringing the Bond model up to £7,880.00

Very, very happy I pulled the trigger on one last week then! Well, what else would I spend a nice work bonus on?? :D

Went with the Milanese strap and, having worn the Brosnan pretty much every day since it came out, this one felt very different to start with - it’s incredibly light in comparison - but I am really enjoying wearing it. I do plan on wearing regularly, as with the Brosnan.

My AD experience was excellent, in spite of everything being done remotely. They even ordered me the Omega tool for the pouch at their expense and the watch was packaged extremely well. (Finnies in Aberdeen, if anybody is interested. Ask for Jason).
    Yes. Considerably.
    edited August 2020
    Cool - but like I said take with a pinch of salt but imagine maybe Asp will prob have heard if UK price rise is coming again.

If true then practically 8K for an Omega - nuts and shows how crazy things have progressed!! Think I paid 1.5-1.8k for my CR PO back in the day!!!

Not got my NTTD Omega yet but have the price locked in with my dealer!!!

I think I have only ever collected a watch twice in person lol
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cool - but like I said take with a pinch of salt but imagine maybe Asp will prob have heard if UK price rise is coming again.

If true then practically 8K for an Omega - nuts and shows how crazy things have progressed!! Think I paid 1.5-1.8k for my CR PO back in the day!!!

Not got my NTTD Omega yet but have the price locked in with my dealer!!!

Saw a discussion about the UK price increase on Omega Forums a month or so ago—apparently it’ll be just under 7%. It happened here in Aus a few months ago...both versions of the NTTD have jumped up around $1000 AUD from what they were at the start of the year. Glad I picked one up before that!
    Ouch. Whats retail now mate in Aussie dollars? Guess as usual its expensive for you guys compared to Europe etc
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ouch. Whats retail now mate in Aussie dollars? Guess as usual its expensive for you guys compared to Europe etc

$12,375 for the NATO and $14,025 for the bracelet :s Omega's prices here went up in late March/early April because of the major collapse in the dollar around that time, but they still remain the same now even though the dollar has gone back to what it was pre-covid...funny that. They might even go up again in Sep with the UK?
    Ha - price drops are rare!!!

Although pricey in pounds I was actually expecting that to be a lot worse!!!!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Wow that is nuts.
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

I was told the same thing today when I went in for some new keeps on my PO. 6% across all models from September 1st I was told.

EDIT: Also, got my CR PO 8 years ago, new, from a AD. It was £2100
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Basic economics put the price up and likely to sell less.

I was in store last week finally trying one on. Then they said it was 50% deposit for delivery in January. Naturally I congratulated them on a great strategy and walked away. Funny thing was they called on me later and said any deposit I was willing to pay would secure one! Then we got cut off :)) (or maybe my finger slipped on the steering wheel).

I appreciate a nice watch but my first PO 2500 back in 2008 was as many have stated here a quarter of the NTTD watch, I even created my black PO 8500 Ti buying two watches for the price of this one.

Time will tell if I can source via other channels but I am strangely no longer in a rush to pick one up.

Cheers :007)

P.S Throw in the email advertising another Bond LE at £40k and someone somewhere in Omega has gone mad or at least had a brain fart!
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    I'm still presuming the price for that Bond anniversary watch is in Zimbabwean dollars.
    Yup. Prices due to go up.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    and with that, I'm done buying new Omega watches. I'll stick with used ones.
    Sadly I do not think you are alone there, given it’s not LE I am sure there will be a few more than usual knocking around in a few years time.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Finally heard back from Omega.

EF835719-234-B-436-A-BE6-E-5460-AC78525-D.png
    Make sure that they don‘t charge you for that book :)) :))
    Or you can ask them if they can send you a Rolex book instead :)) :))

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,572Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Finally heard back from Omega.

EF835719-234-B-436-A-BE6-E-5460-AC78525-D.png

A book?
    Nice dig they get in about ‘your authorised retailer being very generous to you in the past’ 8-)

Unbelievable X-(
    YNWA 97
    I know. I’m done with Omega. Overpriced but nice ...., crap.
    Am I right in thinking it took them two weeks to write that?
    emtiem wrote:

Yes :))
    My PO cost me just under £1500 new in 2007. I would love to buy the NTTD Seamaster. I'm sure so many of us would, but at that price, they have completely alienated me. I wonder how many more watches they would sell if priced at £5K??
    edited August 2020
    Asp9mm wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

Yes :))

I am genuinely staggered. I've been dealing this week with having a new office chair delivered, and it's been really frustrating and the company I've been dealing with have been a bit haphazard, but equally it's only costing me a few hundred quid and they have been fully communicative and apologetic. For a company who deal in luxury goods, where the experience is supposed to be relaxing and fragrant and well-oiled, where the very small item they're selling to you costs thousands of pounds -legitimately only slightly under half the annual wages of a lot of people in this country- and to try and fob you off with damaged goods and a sodding book is inexcusable. They don't seem to understand which sector they're trying to operate in.

The increasingly exorbitant prices of their goods won't put people off- the slightly insane luxury watch market is proof of that. But appalling customer service will do: you take aim at people who are happy to pay that price and then treat them like **** and guess where that will get you.
    Maybe it's all designed to give super rich peoples' PAs something to do, I dunno.
    Maybe it's all part of the market positioning: you wear an Omega to a party and that person you're trying to impress knows that not only have you got a £40K of spare cash to throw at it but you've also got enough money to afford a PA to wade through all of their crap in order to actually get a decently functioning one, and maybe even argue your case for you well enough to get it back from them in Geneva in one piece when it needs servicing.
    As Gymkata said, I too can see the bottom potentially falling out of the luxury watch market due to young people wearing smart watches and because of such uncertain times. The digital age of the 70's and 80's could return for a while in the guise of smart watches and leave mechanical luxury watches looking and feeling quite outdated. Of course, they will always be desired and worn by enthusiats and fans etc but will that customer base be enough to sustain the market and crazy prices! Currently, the Apple watch sells more than ALL the luxury swiss brands put together which is pretty staggering, so that fact hasn't seemed to bother the likes of Omega and Rolex (yet..) Stick a Garmin Fenix on Bond's wrist in the next movie and see their sales go through the roof.
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I'm genuinely curious to see how much these will go for in a year or two. Forget about the non-limited edition tag they put on this watch, Omega is purposefully stifling production and easing these into the market in-order to pump up demand, change perception of demand, and not flood the grey/used market so prices stay high.

I don't think this watch will retain value like the Spectre, which is almost universally loved while this piece is not but I really don't believe it will tank like some people suggest. I'd be a buyer at around the $5k mark but I think that is wishful thinking.

Omega is producing way too many of these on the NATO, as opposed to the mesh. The vast majority of the demand is for the mesh but there are all these NATO versions floating around. Honestly, I think it was extremely greedy to not have just made one version and included the NATO as part of the bundle.

The Spectre uses a superior movement, came with both the bracelet and NATO, superior packaging, used a higher priced base watch to build off of, and came in much cheaper. I understand that inflation is at work and luxury watch brands have been pushing upmarket but it doesn't justify the increase in price for less.