Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    As well as the price of the actual watch, already discussed, I don't see how they can justify almost £1K for the mesh strap.. :o
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited August 2020
    As well as the price of the actual watch, already discussed, I don't see how they can justify almost £1K for the mesh strap.. :o
    Actually that’s no that outlandish the steel mesh for the PO was just below that price so slight increase for Ti is probably the only understandable part. Everything else does seem as stated less for more especially vs the Spectre SM300 which cost less and was a more inclusive bundle, where strangely they threw in a bracelet I have never used in 5 years. It’s lived on the NATO as it was in the film (and the 007 branding on the clasp is somewhat of an overstatement) :))

I am guessing the NATO only version is because it also appears in the guise and is thus a cheaper option (granted most watch collectors know buying with bracelet and buying the NATO or rubber strap later is the always the economic option).

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Apparently, the customer experience can be done correctly.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EyLYGO_Hr8
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Apparently, the customer experience can be done correctly.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EyLYGO_Hr8

...when not dealing with Omega directly ;) That jeweller David bought the watch from sounded great—a very good recommendation!
    ..wonder who that guy from Germany is? ?:)

Higgins wrote:

No idea...that guy’s trainers preferences weren’t mention so there’s no way to be sure ;)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The gentleman from Germany must remain a mystery, as will be the true pronunciation of his last name! :s
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Dunno, but he sounds like a right nob.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    The Urban Gentry just reviewed the NTTD watch on his YouTube channel and the comments are mostly vicious. It makes me wonder how wide the appeal will be for this one.

Obviously Omega will get a huge bump when the movie comes out, but the design seems so polarizing I have to wonder what sales will look even in late 2021 after Rolex has released, for instance, a blue Sub and Tudor has come out with a new colorways of the BB58, etc.

Others might disagree but I would describe the prior Omega watches worn by Bond in the films (not the special editions) as restrained, and I think that's been a big factor in their enduring popularity.

https://youtu.be/ViuEdeZKxvE
    TGVs trailer is quite spectacular, but the tone of his review is arrogant and condescending - not speaking about his constant self-bragging and - promoting of his Squale.

I also don‘t agree with many of his negative points such as the lack of mirror-polished angles and others.

It’s a military watch. That’s why there’s no polishing on it.
    That‘s what I meant, idiot! 8-)

Higgins wrote:
    That‘s what I meant, idiot! 8-)

Typically your lack of communication skills didn’t make that point though. Moron
    Getting information thru with a total ignorant is sometimes challenging, conehead!

Higgins wrote:
    Getting information thru with a total ignorant is sometimes challenging, conehead!

I know. That’s why I usually avoid conversation with dogsquirts like you.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Actually that’s no that outlandish the steel mesh for the PO was just below that price so slight increase for Ti is probably the only understandable part. Everything else does seem as stated less for more especially vs the Spectre SM300 which cost less and was a more inclusive bundle, where strangely they threw in a bracelet I have never used in 5 years. It’s lived on the NATO as it was in the film (and the 007 branding on the clasp is somewhat of an overstatement) :))

I am guessing the NATO only version is because it also appears in the guise and is thus a cheaper option (granted most watch collectors know buying with bracelet and buying the NATO or rubber strap later is the always the economic option).

When you're talking about a steel mesh strap are you talking a out the shark mesh or a steel Milanese strap from Omega? If it's a steel Milanese one then I'd like the part # so I could try and get it from Omega.
    I know where you keep your gun!
    Seems about right—I heard whenever they fight they're very close to each other and shirtless.
    I am the smarter and better looking one..... ;)

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    The Urban Gentry just reviewed the NTTD watch on his YouTube channel and the comments are mostly vicious.

These things are like Rorschach blots, where we see what we want - "mostly vicious" = he gushes over it for 22 of the 29 minutes. "While I'm not head over heels in love with this, it definitely is an outstanding watch and will bring a ton of enjoyment to the serious Bond fan."

He calls out the faux patina, the difficulty of turning the scalloped bezel with gloves on, and the price. This felt like a pretty clear-eyed and knowledgeable review.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    Yeah I skimmed it and wasn't seeing the nastiness others do.

The way he always waves his hands around as he speaks on the closeup camera in a totally self-conscious way always cracks me up though :)
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I like the watch. It’s basically a movie prop, so I can forgive some of the things I would normally dislike such as imagined military pedigree and faux-tina. What I cannot forgive is the price. I find that level of exploitation distasteful, so I would never even consider buying it. Same reason I refused to by anything from the N Peal Bond collection. EON and it’s commercial partners are becoming quite crass.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    I'm sure this topic has already been discussed here, apologies for repeating it.
    Does the Milanese band catch & pull hairs out of your wrist rather painfully?
    I'm sure this topic has already been discussed here, apologies for repeating it.
    Does the Milanese band catch & pull hairs out of your wrist rather painfully?

I've been wearing mine almost daily for the past few months and haven't had any issues at all with hair pulling...but I guess YMMV.
    JTM wrote:
    I've been wearing mine almost daily for the past few months and haven't had any issues at all with hair pulling...but I guess YMMV.

Well, the question has been pointed to people who are behind puberty and have arm hair :D ;)

Cheverian wrote:
    The Urban Gentry just reviewed the NTTD watch on his YouTube channel and the comments are mostly vicious.

These things are like Rorschach blots, where we see what we want - "mostly vicious" = he gushes over it for 22 of the 29 minutes. "While I'm not head over heels in love with this, it definitely is an outstanding watch and will bring a ton of enjoyment to the serious Bond fan."

He calls out the faux patina, the difficulty of turning the scalloped bezel with gloves on, and the price. This felt like a pretty clear-eyed and knowledgeable review.

I realized I was unclear in my initial post. I meant the YouTube comments below the video. His own assessment was balanced.
    emtiem wrote:

The way he always waves his hands around as he speaks on the closeup camera in a totally self-conscious way always cracks me up though :)

See my reply to Halfmonk.

Sorry, I was unclear in my initial post. I was referring to the vicious YouTube comments below The Urban Gentry's video. The bashing of the NTTD watch is pretty relentless.

The price is going to bring out haters, of course, and there are a bunch of anti-Omega types, too. But unlike the Tudor BB 58, for example, which was pretty universally loved, or the El Primero reissues, there are loads of potential buyers who find this one butt ugly. Compare with the Spectre 300 for instance.

Personally, I'd love one of these — but not at the current price.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

See my reply to Halfmonk.

Sorry, I was unclear in my initial post. I was referring to the vicious YouTube comments below The Urban Gentry's video. The bashing of the NTTD watch is pretty relentless.

The price is going to bring out haters, of course, and there are a bunch of anti-Omega types, too. But unlike the Tudor BB 58, for example, which was pretty universally loved, or the El Primero reissues, there are loads of potential buyers who find this one butt ugly. Compare with the Spectre 300 for instance.

Ah okay, I see what you mean.

I guess with a bit of brown in it was likely to a bit more divisive but I thought generally it had been received well, that's interesting to see (although I guess YT comments are never very balanced! :) ).
    I don't really mind the yellowy colour of the luminous bits- I know it can seen as fake patina but I just see it as a colour choice. I think it's much more handsome than the standard blue Bond Seamaster which has never really done anything for me.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

I realized I was unclear in my initial post. I meant the YouTube comments below the video. His own assessment was balanced.

Ah! That makes more sense. Apologies!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

When you're talking about a steel mesh strap are you talking a out the shark mesh or a steel Milanese strap from Omega? If it's a steel Milanese one then I'd like the part # so I could try and get it from Omega.
    Try this one

2-E5-C9-F68-40-EF-408-D-AC5-A-06586-C0-E932-E.png
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Higgins wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Well, the question has been pointed to people who are behind puberty and have arm hair :D ;)

Cheeky bastard :D

9-B627-FA7-3749-4573-9-C63-013-D67-A55071.jpg