New poll (2020): Who do you want as the next James Bond?

124»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,696MI6 Agent
    edited January 9
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,546MI6 Agent
    It's probably the Height of everybody else, that's the problem :D

TP - ever the philosopher :))
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,665MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Can anyone name an action movie where the leading lady is taller than the hero and no attempt is made to hide it?

Its been a long time since I've seen Beverly Hills Cop 2. But I thought that movie had a really tall female? She might have been a villain. She was tall enough for Axel to quote "God, that's a big b***h"
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Yes, Beverly Hills II has already been mentioned.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,131Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't remember calling anyone small.

I don’t recall anyone saying you did? ?:)
    Number24 wrote:
    We don't know if Craig's height has affected his Bond films, but there is certainly a possibility that actors and actresses have been rejected because they were too tall compared to Craig. I very much doubt this was ever the case wit the other Bond actors.

As you say...”we don’t know”... :v

Number24 wrote:
    I guess there is such a thing as being too tall to play Bond, but in my opinion Bond can be really tall.
    I can't see any problems with an actor Alexander Skarsgård's height (6' 4'').

There would be a possibility that actors would be rejected because they would be too small for him :v
    YNWA 96
    But you did write:

I understand your point but Tom Hardy is hardly small...doesn’t seem to have affected Daniel Craig throughout his tenure as Bond either...

so my comments were certainly relelevant.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,131Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    But you did write:

I understand your point but Tom Hardy is hardly small...doesn’t seem to have affected Daniel Craig throughout his tenure as Bond either...

so my comments were certainly relelevant.

I did write that...now please show me where I said YOU called someone small...as that seems to be what you are complaining about for some reason ?:)
    YNWA 96
    I wanted to make it clear that I didn't call him small since you wrote the quoted sentence. I din't claim you said I said etc.
    Why don't we go back to talking about the topic?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,039MI6 Agent
    Yes, let's make short work of getting back on topic shall we, if that isn't too tall an order? ;%
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 270MI6 Agent
    Is he small...or far away? :)) :))

Given likely delays and desirousness of someone below 34 now I increasingly like Nicholas Hoult.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,405MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I haven't seen Tenet yet, so I have no idea if there are lots of full-figure shots of Debicki and John David Washington together. Can anyone tell us?

Yes they are together a lot. Their relationship is not a traditional Male female lead dynamic. It does not damage or diminish him at all. But she is taller than everyone and here's the crucial bit, he's not James Bond. :)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    edited December 2020
    I saw Edward Holcroft was suggested in the other place. He comes from a military family, was sent to a public school and has been in London Spy, Gunpowder and both Kingsman movies among other things. Holcroft is 33 years old, 6'1'' (183 cm) tall and has a classical leading man looks. At the very least he's screentest material.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 9,027MI6 Agent
    Okay, but he was the snotty posh nob in Kingsman - v possibly a sign of what a great actor he is, as not being like that in real life, perhaps, but the picture you paint suggests he's playing to type.

Post Boris this type might be hard to sell.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I doubt Boris is alone in giving public school types a bad name, but I see your point. I haven't seen him in anything really, but I fear he has years to show his range before EON casts the next James Bond :#
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,547MI6 Agent
    I'm sure they will get around to finding someone that half of us will love and half will hate. :))

Is Oliver Stark of the TV series "9-1-1" a potential Bond? He's British and his age and height is near perfect - 29 years old and 6'2''. Stark plays a firefigther and claims he loves doing stunts and he does everything he's allowed to (80% of the stunts).

So far so good. But his CV doesn't look too impressive with some TV and movie work, but nothing that will impress critics. He's done no theatre.

His hair is the same colour as Roger Moore's and his face looks good, but other than a major birthmark near his left eye his facial feature are not particularely distinctive.