New poll (2020): Who do you want as the next James Bond?

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,840MI6 Agent

Great work, Gymkata and AI! Have you turned off the Chalamet filter?

I can see James Bond in all of them (even Dan Stevens) except Keoghan. Not even AI can do that. Great actor, but not Bond.

I agree. But I'm still in doubt about ATJ. Sometimes he looks very Bondian, other times he has a strange crooked smile and eyes. Keoghan is a very good actor and I think he was great in Banchees of Insherin. But he's 170 cm tall and his look is far from Bondian. When look up a candidate on Google Images I often go yes, yes, no, maybe, yes, maybe etc. When I Google Keoghan it's no, no, NO!, no, h*ll no!, no etc.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,501Chief of Staff

Hoult looks very good in those.

Hoult looks great. He has also picked a mix of very commercial movies like X-men and edgier movies like The Menu and The Favourite. His career so far actually reminds me of Craig's at that age.

Not AI:

And he's the face of the new " British intelligence" campaign for Jaguar:

Jaguar really goes for a James Bond vibe:

edited August 2023

The sports he's into are also promising: motor racing, boxing and .... ehem ... baseball.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,170MI6 Agent

I would be happy with Hoult. I think he's only going to get better with age as he still looks very youthful.

I still see Marcus from About a Boy, which I guess I always will, but that's probably because I haven't really watched him in anything else, other than clips and trailers.

I could see him channelling Brosnan Bond which is no bad thing and would be quite refreshing after Craig Bond.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

@Gymkata Could you AI some previous candidates (as they were at their peak) that never got the gig, please;

Ian Ogilvy

Lewis Collins

Michael Praed

Jason Issacs

Thanks!

Thanks @Gymkata

It's thrown up some interesting depictions there!😄 Apart from Isaacs, they don't really look who they're supposed to be, but they still look pretty good as James Bond.

That first one of Isaacs is very good. I've said before he's often who I imagine when reading the books and that first picture in particular is a good classic depiction of James Bond I think Fleming would have approved of.

Is the last one Richard Madden being hot?

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,743MI6 Agent

That first Tom Baker one has a lot of Michael Brandon in it to my eye.

Daniel Day-Lewis as James Bond?

Brigitte Bardot as Tracy?

I'm not sure how much it looks like BB (no, not the EON one!), but the Barbie factor is very high.

That's better!

How about Gunnar "Number 24" Sønsteby as James Bond? The legendary SOE agent was pretty much 007 in real life (other than the womaizing, booze and luxury), so it would be fun to see ....

(How much of a legend Sønsteby was may be hard for foreigners to grasp. His grandchildren remembers him taking a U-turn on the main street of Oslo and saying: "Only granddad is allowed to do this". Once he found a parking ticket on the windchield of his car. He tore the ticket up in front of the traffic warden and said: "It's not the first time I destroy official papers on this street, you know ...". He blow up a storage of important papers in that street during the war. i guess he became very confident over the years, and he also knew no-one wanted to be known as the police officer who arrested Gunnar Sønsteby).

I know I'm asking a lot now, but how about Joakim Rønneberg who was the commander of the Vemork sabotage mission (Nine men against Hitler's atom bomb)? he even looked like a Hollywood leading man.

Thanks, but I don't see the resemblance ....

edited August 2023

Some bond Girl "also-rans":

Diana Ross as Solitaire

Faye Dunaway as Octopussy

Gal Gadot as Camille in QoS

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 252MI6 Agent

Wow.....the Richard Burton AI really reminds me of Daniel Craig

edited August 2023

I think it's throwing a bit of Craig into quite a few of them: I assume the prompt 'James Bond' probably brings up quite a lot of Craig images which the AI draws from, so he's part of the mix.

What type of sources do you have?

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent

Would prefer Aaron Pierre tbh.. could you do your Ai magic to see what he would look like as 007 please

It will be exciting to see if your source is right. I won't mind if he is, but I do hope EON really doesn't give the actor too much power.

I don't think they'll put real bullets in his gun if that's what you're thinking 😁

• SeanIsTheOnlyOneSeanIsTheOnlyOne Posts: 409MI6 Agent

@Gymkata sorry to be skeptical about your source, but this doesn't look like the way EON has been working during the transition periods. Cubby always wanted to make the script top priority of the project and it's exactly the same for BB and MGW. They still don't know exactly where they will bring the next iteration of Bond, then it seems quite irrelevant to give credit to casting rumours.

I have nothing against ATJ but there are many other candidates and given nobody here knows about what Bond 26 will deal with and how the character will be written, I simply think he's only a name on a list, nothing more. Will Purvis and Wade still be involved ? Who will be the director ? These questions appear much more important than the identity of the new actor. Trust me, the producers just don't give a damn to that matter right now.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,685Chief of Staff

But how certain are you here isn’t already a script? 🤔

YNWA 97

My own theory is only based on the Rebell Wilson story and hope, is that EON has some kind of draft, treatment or half-finished script of the Bond26 plot. I wonder what the truth is?

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent

That's my gut feeling also. EON has some kind of treatment in hand. That being said, I could see that all going out the window depending what director signs on. Of course that could be just wishful thinking on my part.

edited August 2023

Both Nolan and Edgard Wright have their own plot for a Bond movie, and in my opinion they are two of the best candidates to direct Bond. Nolan is powerful enough to insist on his plot being used if he gets the job, I think.

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 252MI6 Agent

I really liked Harris Dickinson in Beach Rats and Triangle of Sadness. He does look very young though and hhis neck is rather long. I would still be intrigued by the notion of him becoming 007. He was also in the last Kingsman film and looks destined for stardom. He commented on the Bond rumours in The Times this weekend. However, the article is behind a paywall. Can anyone access it?