New poll (2020): Who do you want as the next James Bond?

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent

Claflin as Bond directed by Edgar Wright would certainly get my attention.

I've not personally seen Elordi in anything but he's getting rave reviews as Elvis in Sofia Coppola's new movie.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    edited September 2023

Claflin has acting experience, the right age and height. Often he also looks very much the part:

But other times he looks quite....... goofy:

In my mind he would be a Roger Moore-like 007.

He was also in one of the Pirates movies and a couple of the Snow White movies, so he should be known to the younger generations. I remember Claflin from his debut in the "Pillars of the Earth" mini-series where he played Hayley Atwell's brother.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent
    edited September 2023

I didn't know he'd done that: I was actually going to say he looks more like Elvis than Bond to me. He's got that sort of sultry, long-eyelashed prettiness that Elvis had.

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,545MI6 Agent

One time Bond candidate Sam 'Jurassic Park' Neill bats for Jack Lowden for 007 role.

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/almost-bond-sam-neill-suggests-actor-next-007-rob-collins-jack-lowden

edited September 2023

I've just seen that Aaron Taylor Johnson's Kraven has been delayed again to October next year. How many times are they going to delay that thing?

But I wonder, are they betting that ATJ would be filming Bond26 then, for much needed additional publicity at a time when Marvel movies are suffering from audience 'superhero fatigue'?

With the writers strike I am finding it hard to believe we will get Bond26 before 2025 now. Or maybe they want Bond26 in 2026 for marketing synergies? ;-)

It seems a long time ago now, but it is only 1 year 11 months 10 days since UK release of NTTD.

But they finished filming it in 2019, so it's been almost four years since BB and MGW did the hard work on a Bond movie. 

I assume the post-production, marketing bits of the film are pretty work light for the producers, a lot of sitting around being interviewed by the press. 

I was hoping for just three years between NTTD and Bond26 and not the four year DAD, CR gap. 

I had expected the 007th Bond actor announcement next month but now with the writers/actors strike, I think October 2024 is more likely.

With EON's past experience of writers strikes, and NTTD's troubles, I think they will just want a nice clear run and will be happy to have a four year gap between NTTD and Bond26.

I wonder if ATJ will end up like Brosnan, with further Bond delays leading to ATJ opting for a good opportunity that ultimately stops him taking the 007 role when filming on Bond26 finally needs to start?

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 250MI6 Agent

Alternatively.....Paul Mescal is looking ripped these days. He's definitely had a Hollywood glow-up

Mescal is not even 30, he was born in 1996, and he's 5' 11 according to IMDB when BB and MGW have made clear they want a genuinely tall Bond and someone in their 30s, preferably with a bit of "life experience."

In one of those pictures he's standing next to Emma Watson who is 5' 5, so I'm wondering if maybe Mescal is closer to Craig's height.

So, really, he's too young and too short.

"...when BB and MGW have made clear they want a genuinely tall Bond"

Where was this said?

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

did a search and couldn't see it so apologies if mentioned before but greatly enjoyed Jason Statham's playfully tongue in cheek references to the vacant position in the first few scenes of Meg 2.

Also, as ever, impressed by members reserve that none put themselves forward!

Harris Dickinson is another of my top choices

Ah, so it's just chat show twaddle.

Found this on Lorraine, too, which is who Ross King shared the "tall" stipulation with. It's more useful.

https://www.itv.com/lorraine/articles/no-butts

edited September 2023

Ross King is well connected and he did interviews in Jamaica when they had that NTTD launch at, I think, Goldeneye. Jokes aside, he is an entertainment Editor for a major UK TV network and its flagship morning show and his stories shouldn't be dismissed anymore than they would be from Baz Bamigboye or any of the other well connected entertainment journalists.

edited September 2023

He's pretty trashy, I wouldn't give him particularly high credence- he deals in gossip. And he's only on GMB.

ITV is one of the UK's main networks, second only to the BBC and GMB is their flagship morning show. It's hardly "only GMB". If you said he's only on GBNews I'd understand, but he isn't. I'm not Ross King BTW.

I know what ITV is, but GMB is as trashy as all of ITV's morning shows have been; he's just a celeb gossip guy, trying to fill airtime. He may well get stuff right occasionally but he's not to be treated as the great oracle of fact.

I remember when he used to host the kids' shows on the Beeb (was he 8.15 From Manchester?). Makes me a bit sad to see him now.

• MepharielMephariel Posts: 15MI6 Agent

He has the same issue as Richard Madden. Too much sad puppy eyes. Bond needs to have cold hard eyes.

Bond 26 has been listed on Production Weekly! This is the first official movement that the film is happening!!! I think PW get their information from studios and production companies. So I assume that somewhere a decision was made to formally move on the film.

https://www.productionweekly.com/

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,392Chief of Staff

I want to believe this, I really do.

I have spoken to someone who has read the description and the film is listed as being in 'active development.' If they resolve the writers strike soon, hopefully we get some reveal.

There are stories in the press that says the Hollywood strikes may be near the end.

I get easily excited when it comes to news/rumours about Bond movies ....

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,146MI6 Agent

Fingers crossed..!!

"Any of the opposition around..?"
    edited September 2023

And interesting it is listed in the 21 Sept. edition but not the 14th, it is a recent change.

NTTD, Spectre, back to CR have had production companies listed on the UK's Companies House website and you can easily look at what companies BB and MGW and Gregg Wilson are and have been directors of. But there is nothing for B26 or Bond 26, only other people's firms with those names.

Those production companies were often registered months ahead of any actual production. The lack of a company either means they aren't making the film in the UK or the Companies House website hasn't been updated yet, or Bond26 is still very early in its development and it won't be until sometime next year when the production company is registered.

edited September 2023

Good news for Bond! Let's hope the WGA got a good deal.

Damson Idris is the new favourite

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,625Chief of Staff