No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent

But if you need either a large or an extra large, I have them. Go and check out the listing on the For Sale forum.

Cheers!

• JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent

Tommy Bahama Catalina is back on sale for anyone looking 🙂

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

Anyone else having issues keeping this damn shirt in the TB cart to buy it?! Whenever I go from cart to checkout it says it’s “been removed because it’s out of stock”!

Murder | Employment.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent

This happened to me initially with the XS but the S I was able to order yesterday with no issues and have had further confirmation.

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

Oh ok. Perhaps the XS is out of stock, I’ll have another try. Many thanks

Murder | Employment.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    edited May 2021

Heads up ! TB is running a special - sign up for their emails and you get a $50 off any order over $100 ! Grab those Catalina's at HALF OFF ! (Mine came out to $71 with taxes.)

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

MFisher, was that code emailed to you? I signed up 3 days ago but received nothing.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent

Yeah... had an email come in today with that attached. Perhaps you already had to be signed up - I dunno.. I had signed up for their emails last year - or whenever it was the Catalina was identified and I ordered mine then... But I figured as long as you got on their mailing list you'd get one of these.

• llvhhuillvhhui Posts: 81MI6 Agent

You'll get the award card info emailed to you after you place your first order.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

If you already have a Tommy Bahama account, be sure to check it. You should have the $50 promo.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent

Is the promo code just for the US online store?

James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Thanks for all the replies, I’m sure I signed up last year when the TB shirt was first identified but signed up again just in case and still got nothing. Having said that never purchased from them yet (chance would be a fine thing) so maybe that’s why I’ve not got one.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

Does anyone know if Tommy Bahama made any sizing changes to the Catalina? These were generously sized before. I bought one from last year's run and sized down to avoid having it hanging on me like a bag. The medium fit my 43 chest for what appears a screen accurate look. I'm thinking of picking up another with the promo code.

• Highly doubt it

• llvhhuillvhhui Posts: 81MI6 Agent

I ordered a size small and a medium. I can compare when they arrive.

Thank you. As triple seven said, I doubt the sizing has changed, but it’s not a bad thing for people who are considering the Catalina to have a sense how it wears.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

Does anyone know where I could find a pair of the Sperry boat shoes that Bond wears in Jamaica in size US 12?

Any help would be much appreciated.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Probably not what you want to hear, but when I did the update on the Jamaica style article on the website recently, I spent hours looking for the Rivingstons and had zero luck. I was even calling small independent stores that are authorized Sperry dealers to see if they had some inventory left over. Obviously I didn't check every last store. But I think at this point your best bet is likely ebay, grailed, poshmark, etc.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

That's wild - I would have guessed these were staples of that brand's line.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

The Gold Cup models definitely are a staple. But they change the colors each season. So if you just want a close color match, there are lots of models to choose from. But it seems like the exact Rivingston makeup is gone.

Ahh bugger. Definitely not the answer I wanted. Oh well, maybe I’ll get lucky. Rarer items have been found.

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi , I’m after information in respect of the Tom Ford No Time to die ties. Apologies if there is a more appropriate thread I did search.

I’m in contact with a Tom Ford boutique in another state. The guy is helpful but doesn’t know much about the ties. He’s sent me photos of the ties he has.

I’m after details of the ties that definitely appear in the film in particular the blue one in the London scene.

So would be very grateful if someone could identify the confirmed ties by reference to their reference number or whatever method of identification .

thanks cheers Anthony

Anthony
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • knoxj3knoxj3 Posts: 146MI6 Agent

Does anybody know if Bond wears Original or XL Croakies with the Vuarnet Legends?

I believe the consensus is the XL Croakies.

• Honestly, either one should work according to the size chart...

Vaurnet has the Legend 06 sunglasses listed as a size "medium"

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Has anyone else had quality issues with the Tom Ford grey jeans?

I bought them new (at half price, thankfully) in January and they have now torn TWICE. And lest you think it's because I've eaten too many pies, my pair is a size larger than I should have bought. I need a belt to hold them up.

The first time they ripped, I sent them to a denim repair company in New York which did a fantastic job reweaving them. With this second tear, however, I'm unlikely to throw good money after bad.

The rips seem to be occurring near seams. The first was along a back pocket. The second is near the fly.

I've never had this happen with a $30 pair of Levis. Glad I kept my grey pair as my "affordable alternative." They're clearly the superior product.

I haven't seen anything like that although before I bought mine I tried on a slim pair that was incorrectly tagged as straight. I'm talking the actual garment tag stitched inside the jeans. I couldn't understand why they were so tight, very confusing. I did manage to find a correctly tagged pair in the end.

I haven't bought the Tom Ford gray jeans, but I have spent a couple of years searching used pairs of various colors. I've seen rips like you described near the pocket in a number of listings. It struck me as odd since it didn't look like regular wear or distressing.