No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent

Thanks for posting, seems we are a very similar size and build, very helpful πŸ‘

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent

Thank you for posting N Peal's link for my friend Cheverian.

Thank you so much for the review!

Your help is well appreciated.

It looks like N Peal's size chart (inseam measurements) is wrong.

BTW, the trousers look good on you!

You should think about it :)

Was size M too large at the waist (I also wear size 32-33)?

As always, after seeing the movie, we will run to buy the clothes before they are sold-out...

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Yes, I'd say the size chart is incorrect. There is no way the smalls and the mediums had the same inseam. I would say the small inseam was a 30. But the medium was more like a 32 or 33. I didn't get that stacking around the calfs with the smalls, that's for sure.

Medium waist was a little loose on me. But as I said, you can tighten it up with the adjusters to fine tune it.

I guess the only thing I can add about them is this: I can fully appreciate the work that's gone into them and I think they fully deliver in terms of fabric and details (lots of leather accents here and there that I never expected). In no way do they come across as "cheap pants" and look almost every penny of the price tag (except for that back seam; why they didn't tape that is a mystery to me). But because of the fit on me, I'm going to admire them from afar. They're made for a certain type of body. And it ain't mine 😁

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

Here's Finamore's offical size chart from their website. I don't think there's any reason for this shirt to be sized differently

Thanks matte!

Let us know if you change your mind :)

• goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent

I bought the pampa cuff months ago. Wrong color, of course. It as far as sizing goes, they were HUGE on me. At least a whole size big.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

As an owner of the original "not so ltd run", I sizesdup a half size from usual 16 / 41 to 16.5 / 42 (tho both sizes defined as Large).

The fit is perfect. Fitted but not tigh, aka my tf shirts.

If I'd gone usual 16 it would Def be too fitted.

Of course this is dependent on this new reissue fitting the same.

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

As an owner of the original "not so ltd run it now seems" shirt. I sized up a half size. Fit is perfect. Usual size 16 would not have worked.

This advice is obviously dependent on this reissue fitting the same.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

here is the full 007 x Connolly Collection:

https://www.connollyengland.com/collections/james-bond

I asked Connolly about the shirt and they stated that they have the same constituents in make and style but the bale of fabric is not the exact same one provided for NTTD. you probably need a side by side comparison to tell if this is true or not.

Anyway the the Cocktail Case is nice but £4000...

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

I really wanted to purchase the trousers...until I saw the $345 price tag. For that price I just can't justify it in my mind. I think I'd rather buy the Danner's and the Vuarnet 06's; items I'd get some every day use out of.

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent

Is it just me or are we feeling 007 burn out with all these new additions.

My head is spinning what to go for.

Connolly shirt , Danners boots , Barbour jacket, Palladium boots and Npeal trousers.

Not to mention when we finally find out which white henley is underneath the Guibinno , navy swim shorts and Garage scene jeans.

Wish they would of done it in stages to gives us a breather and my wallet πŸ˜†

007 reporting for duty
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

Connolly shirt, Danner boots, Npeal trousers will not be troubled by my wallet.

I love Bond clobber but only buy what I would wear.

Yes. Considerably!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

You forgot to mention the Orlebar Brown t-shirts! 😁

I feel your pain Chris, but on the bright side the pain actually started 18 months ago with the NPeal woolly-pully, Vuarnet sunglasses, Barton Perreira sunglasses, Tommy Bahama shirt, Tom Ford clobber, etc etc etc. Imagine if everything had come out at once around the original launch date, I would be divorced and homeless now (although well dressed!).

Npeal have measured the trousers for me. Inside leg is 29-30 inches on all the M and L they had to hand...

#halfmast.

Def forcing wearing with a boot of some sort

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

I'd want a 34 inseam at least. So if you are taller than DC, looks like the combat trousers are a no go.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Sorry for the quick OT. Would someone have an idea of what the shorts brand is? Seems a square with some angles

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Have to say that really surprises me. When I tried them on, the medium felt (and looked to my eyes) much longer than the small. I'm definitely a 29" inseam and if you look at the photo I shared one page back, there was a lot of stacking with the medium that wasn't there with the small. Maybe the rise on the medium is longer and that makes the legs wear longer? Guess I should of brought a tape measure! 😁

Or there is big differences item to item

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

Obviously N Peal, Connolly, etc are not a bunch of dummies throwing darts at a dartboard, but it does often feel like they miss on details that would be priorities for the collectors willing to shell out for the items. I'm thinking of the inaccurate shoulder patches on the commando sweater, etc.

The weird length of the pants, though, might have been their attempt at screen accuracy, but surely the inseam should be appropriate to the pants size...

• ashwinsuresh1ashwinsuresh1 Los Angeles, CA, United StatesPosts: 104MI6 Agent

Lululemon. Now please reveal the blue swim trunks.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Thank you man. I give you my word, and please believe me, I don't know the brand. Only that is not Derek Rose.

But it will appear soon I think

• JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent

I've enquired about the combat trousers' sizing with Npeal, this is what they replied:

"We currently offer one inside leg length of 32”/81cm across all waist sizes, which is classed as a regular leg length for men’s trousers. These trousers have been designed with a marginally longer front and back rise to achieve a slightly lower crotch, in line with the original design. The consequence of this is that the trousers will still be suitable (and have been fitted on) gentlemen with a 34” inside leg as well as those with a 32” inside leg, they will sit slightly differently on the hips and be slightly straighter or gathered on the leg, respectively."

I'm still undecided whether to pull the trigger on these...I've found No time to die's wardrobe quite underwhelming, but would still like a piece or two from the movie...

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

Go for the Crockett & Jones Moltons if you want something from NTTD. I have all of the boots from Craig's tenure (excepting the Jack Purcells) and the Moltons are my favorites, edging out the Islays. So sharp-looking and waterproof; you can dress them up and dress them down.

Strange, because they are apparently very long

• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent

So the Connolly X Finamore No Time To Die Oatmeal Linen Shirt is available to purchase on 007.com

The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

They are certainly not very long. More very very very short.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

This doesn't look too short.

Could N Peal have different length for the US and UK?

Nope Def one length. Website saying 32. Actual inside seam was measured at 29-30 on 10 trousers. Of course these measurements are dependent on who's doing them. I wasn't there.

I'm ordering some sizes today and will try them on.