Timothy Dalton. Best actor to play Bond?

1234568»

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    So, basically Dalton rules, ja?

NEIN! X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Somehow I'm reminded of this great line from Commando
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsm7ArnOGpA. {[]
    " Right ?" .............. " Wrong !"
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    So, basically Dalton rules, ja?

NEIN! X-(
    Stop yelling in my ear, ja?
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    That good Ja?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    As a fan of the source material, and a general cinematic Bond fan, I feel no one will ever provide a more accurate portrayal of OO7 than Dalton. While his films lacked the weight of Connery's first two, they had a balance of absurdity absent in Craig's first two.
    In essence, they were a perfect mid-point for me.
    SPECTRE seems like it will be at that point, and I have high hopes that it will be among my top five when it comes out! -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    absurdity

That sums up well the Dalton era :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    chrisisall wrote:
    As a fan of the source material, and a general cinematic Bond fan, I feel no one will ever provide a more accurate portrayal of OO7 than Dalton. While his films lacked the weight of Connery's first two, they had a balance of absurdity absent in Craig's first two.
    In essence, they were a perfect mid-point for me.
    SPECTRE seems like it will be at that point, and I have high hopes that it will be among my top five when it comes out! -{

Agreed 100% {[]
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    . While his films lacked the weight of Connery's first two, they had a balance of absurdity absent in Craig's first two.
    In essence, they were a perfect mid-point for me. -{

I'm intrigued by this - in what way is the absurdity in the Dalton era closer to Fleming than the absurdity of the Connery era?

While all the actors have done a fine job of portraying some aspect or other of Fleming's Bond, FRWL is still IMO closer to Fleming's vision than any other film, and Connery's portrayal of Bond in that film closer to the source than Dalton's in either of his films.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Each Actor was faithful to the Source Material in there own Ways.
  • hot crossed bondhot crossed bond at the barPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    I just finished watching SF again...watching Fiennes as Mallory and it hit me! it's just like TD doing Bond? which makes sense for his character...but I still don't know what Dalton was thinking?
    I'm motivated by my duty
    I'm intrigued by this - in what way is the absurdity in the Dalton era closer to Fleming than the absurdity of the Connery era?
    It's not, what I mean is early Connery, Dalton & Craig's each capture Bond well in their own ways. The absurd in Connery's is just about perfect, in Dalton's it was a bit too much arguably, and in Craig's there just isn't enough (again, arguably). But IMO, Connery's Bond becomes a bit to at ease with his job, Dalton & Craig fix that.
    It's that, on balance, I like Dalton's movies best because they satisfy my personal take on Bond the best.