No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I agree, I was initially a bit perplexed on why corduroy was chosen to wear in such a hot summer climate but after trying on the pants it immediately made sense.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Managed to get a decent enlargement of the tactical boots from the digital empire magazine.

They are Danner boots, (hardly a surprise!) I am stuck there, as closest model are a combo of these.

https://www.danner.com/men/military/rivot-tfx-8-coyote.html
    https://www.danner.com/men/all-footwear/tanicus-8-coyote-danner-dry.html

They look like suede in the image, and these are, drainage rivets, same panels etc., but the sole doesn't look like its from the linked model, but the sole does feature on the second link (tunics), as does the lace loop at the toe box, but no drainage holes.

The other thing is neither model is (currently) in black suede officially, and where you can get black, they do they are leather, and no drainage holes. I thought maybe they have died them and resoled them with black soles, dying suede is common in the military, and you can get official Danner resoling done, but is this a step too far for costume for the sake of a pair of tactical boots that are 10'a penny

Maybe someone can find the exact pair, but I'm positive they are Danner

Danner.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Update to last, I think its these,

https://www.danner.com/tanicus-side-zip-8-sage-green-nmt.html

have all the features, drainage holes, paneling looks perfect, sole shape and lace loop, I think film image shows a side sip on the inside left boot, but again, there doesn't seem to be a black version.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Exciting stuff Tennyson
    It's possible wardrobe just painted the mid-soles and soles black rather than changing them. We've seen that before with the Jack Purcell shoes in CR and the adidas gazelles in Skyfall had some details painted over.

edit* Didn't we figure out that the boots had speed hooks?
    Exciting stuff Tennyson
    It's possible wardrobe just painted the mid-soles and soles black rather than changing them. We've seen that before with the Jack Purcell shoes in CR and the adidas gazelles in Skyfall had some details painted over.

edit* Didn't we figure out that the boots had speed hooks?

I think it was assumed, the Empire image seems shows lace tubes at the top, both images (empire and poster) are a bit too grainy for definition. I forgot about previous wardrobe dying/painting.

Dinner have done various limited runs for companies and individual military and police units in the past, maybe something left over from one of those?
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Picked up my two RgT jackets from customs just now...........189€

Merry X-mas X-(

Still probably the most beautiful jacket I currently own. And sizing issues can be confirmed: If you want to wear more than a t-shirt or longsleeve under it, size up!
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Posting off my form to see if I can get back any of the £101 customs fees on the RGT jacket - will update with progress. Given the discount from Stag - :) - and the customs charge - :( - the total cost for me is only slightly higher than buying direct from somewhere like Rivet and Hide in the UK........so hopeful I can get back a bit to even it up but loving wearing it already - it's become my favourite jacket :)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Good luck!

Still no sign of my RgT jacket and the tracking info hasn’t moved since 11 December ?:)
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Local cinema now has the NTTD-standee (I of course reserved it :p ). Here‘s a close-up of the trousers and boots, maybe it helps...

2172489-E-3-F08-4-F04-8054-355-A81-E0-AE89.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 370MI6 Agent
    Hi,

will the Connolly Giubbino jacket be reissued? the same color? I thought I understood that no it is correct?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    You won’t find the trousers. Costume dept designed and made.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Ahh well probably a good thing then—one would look like a bit of an ass wearing those out to dinner or out for a shopping trip. Some dark grey pants/chinos/jeans would still look great with the N.Peal for anyone not raiding a supervillain’s lair.

Interesting to see though how the costume department took some inspiration from a a few tactical style brands for these (and maybe some ski stuff as well it seems). The pockets on the calf (looks like one is a knife or multi tool pocket?) are something a bit different—a cool little addition.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I think shopping in them would be quite OK. In most war torn malls. Going out to dinner. Major faux paus
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Tato007 wrote:
    Hi,

will the Connolly Giubbino jacket be reissued? the same color? I thought I understood that no it is correct?

Email Connolly at popup@connollyengland.com and ask to be put on their James Bond list. Include your size and your phone number with country code.

Ask for confirmation that the rerelease is the same color and fabric. I know they will also be coming out with other colors and fabrics as well.
    JTM wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Ahh well probably a good thing then—one would look like a bit of an ass wearing those out to dinner or out for a shopping trip. Some dark grey pants/chinos/jeans would still look great with the N.Peal for anyone not raiding a supervillain’s lair.

Interesting to see though how the costume department took some inspiration from a a few tactical style brands for these (and maybe some ski stuff as well it seems). The pockets on the calf (looks like one is a knife or multi tool pocket?) are something a bit different—a cool little addition.

This was always a strong suspicion/expectation.... zero practical use in my current life but would have been cool anyway!

On the basis that the whole outfit was bespoke, and I cannot find the Danner Tanicus in a rouge leather black finish any wear, I’m going to assume they have been dyed and painted by the costume department also.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

This was always a strong suspicion/expectation.... zero practical use in my current life but would have been cool anyway!

On the basis that the whole outfit was bespoke, and I cannot find the Danner Tanicus in a rouge leather black finish any wear, I’m going to assume they have been dyed and painted by the costume department also.

Currently waiting on a reply from Danner on this
  • MB6073MB6073 Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    I think it’s their Tachyon model..

https://global.danner.com/tachyon-8-black.html
    MB6073 wrote:

I don’t think so, the sole on this model is more like a sneaker, no defined heel block like the image, and more importantly the toe box on the screen worn boot is made of a few panels, this is a single piece smooth toe cap.

I’m pretty confident the features on the Tanicus are exactly the same, although we cannot see a side zip clearly, and obviously the colour is not sage green.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MB6073 wrote:

Close but I don't think it's the one. The SA version looks like it has four speed hooks, there's a loop thing between the bottom row of laces, there's what looks like a seam that runs horizontally in the middle of the toe cap and the sole looks like it has a far deeper grip than the Tachyon.

IMG-6739.jpg
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    MB6073 wrote:

Close but I don't think it's the one. The SA version looks like it has four speed hooks, there's a loop thing between the bottom row of laces, there's what looks like a seam that runs horizontally in the middle of the toe cap and the sole looks like it has a far deeper grip than the Tachyon.

IMG-6739.jpg
    I am quite sure it is Danner`s Tanicus model. You can even see how the lace is bent in a curve towards the toe box. Same as in the photos I have seen so far. Even the shape of the Nylon parts on the outer side and the suede parts matches the Tanicus model
    2-BC4-B3-E1-0-F3-D-4021-A90-B-8-D9111-B8136-A.jpg
    B5-A991-EF-43-EA-4-B36-B847-3-EC2-AAEDCAA9.jpg
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Regarding the pants DC wears in that scene, I just came across this on ebay :

s-l1600.jpg

We are all looking for tactical or ski pants but maybe it is made by a "basic" brand with a tactical style !!!! Oakley makes a lot of model like this.....and Rag & Bone it seems (in association with Crye Precision of course).

Fred
    Fred007 wrote:

s-l1600.jpg

We are all looking for tactical or ski pants but maybe it is made by a "basic" brand with a tactical style !!!! Oakley makes a lot of model like this.....and Rag & Bone it seems (in association with Crye Precision of course).

Fred

It’s been confirmed they are bespoke made by wardrobe, we won’t find them unless Royale or Magnoli make them
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:

s-l1600.jpg

Fred

It’s been confirmed they are bespoke made by wardrobe, we won’t find them unless Royale or Magnoli make them

LOL.....ok sorry, didn't see that -{
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    For those interested, here is the 12 page No Time To Die spread from the February edition of EMPIRE.

NTTD-Empire-1.jpg

NTTD-Empire-2.jpg

NTTD-Empire-3.jpg

NTTD-Empire-4.jpg

NTTD-Empire-5.jpg

NTTD-Empire-6.jpg
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    SevenD wrote:
    I am quite sure it is Danner`s Tanicus model. You can even see how the lace is bent in a curve towards the toe box. Same as in the photos I have seen so far. Even the shape of the Nylon parts on the outer side and the suede parts matches the Tanicus model
    I think you've nailed it. -{

The standard Tanicus even has the instep vents. The only fly in the ointment is the boot is only commercially offered in Sage and Coyote colors, so the screen worn-ones are likely custom or have been color-adjusted one way or another.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:
    SevenD wrote:

The standard Tanicus even has the instep vents. The only fly in the ointment is the boot is only commercially offered in Sage and Coyote colors, so the screen worn-ones are likely custom or have been color-adjusted one way or another.

Unless Danner has a promo campaign to release the Tanicus in black for the premiere of NTTD, I'd assume the costume department painted/dyed them. My sister worked as a costumer in Hollywood for a number of years and it's amazing the things they do to get the look they're after. They tailor everything (because they have people on staff who can do it in minutes) and perform all sorts of other, unexpected alterations. Whereas we'd just buy a different black pair of boots—makes sense, right?—it's not unusual for them to get out the spray can.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Cajun wrote:
    SevenD wrote:

Unless Danner has a promo campaign to release the Tanicus in black for the premiere of NTTD, I'd assume the costume department painted/dyed them. My sister worked as a costumer in Hollywood for a number of years and it's amazing the things they do to get the look they're after. They tailor everything (because they have people on staff who can do it in minutes) and perform all sorts of other, unexpected alterations. Whereas we'd just buy a different black pair of boots—makes sense, right?—it's not unusual for them to get out the spray can.
    I second that, having collected clothing from movie/TV characters beyond just Bond in recent years I'm no longer surprised by the seemingly nonsensical lengths the costumers will go to change or alter a garment.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    For those interested, here is the 12 page No Time To Die spread from the February edition of EMPIRE.

NTTD-Empire-1.jpg

NTTD-Empire-2.jpg

NTTD-Empire-3.jpg

NTTD-Empire-4.jpg

NTTD-Empire-5.jpg

NTTD-Empire-6.jpg

So now we know the tactical pants are a dead end custom job, the next thing to chase from these pics is what tactical bag is Craig humping? From the single cross strap could it be one of his beloved off duty ‘messenger bags’??
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    SevenD wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    MB6073 wrote:

IMG-6739.jpg

I opt for Danner’s Rivot TFX Coyote which - different from the Tanicus - has ventilation holes at the inner side of the feet, which in my opinion can be seen on the photo.
    Best,
    edited December 2019
    Seven wrote:
    SevenD wrote:
    JTM wrote:

IMG-6739.jpg

I opt for Danner’s Rivot TFX Coyote which - different from the Tanicus - has ventilation holes at the inner side of the feet, which in my opinion can be seen on the photo.
    Best,

When I first landed on Danner I though the Rivet was the boot (see post 1499), but there are 2 key differences (apart from the colour!) that being the sole being quite different in shape and lugs, and also the pictures show some sort of lace retainer at the centre/ bottom of laces- crease of the toe cap. Both of these are on the Tanicus.

Also, it will be a confirming feature if we see a side zip as only the Tanicus/sage offers that feature.

I’ve enhanced the image as best I can, and I’m sure I can see an upright straight line that I think can only be a side zip... problem is I’ve been studying the boots for too long now and can’t see straight!

AFE38-C19-DBC6-40-C0-89-A6-827-A4-F7-C4-B48.jpg