Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Mr Anderson. Surpriesed to see me? Then you are aware of it?

I am no longer an agent of the system, so it was inevitable that I would join this topic. Unfortuantely, you all seem to be talking in Star Wars fasion.

I AM DARTH SMITH
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    edited September 2004
    Well, we're all taking titles of our own, so I shall be refered to now on as:

Tirpitz.

Don't spell it wrong Jedi, or you will pay a horrific price.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    As you all know, I am to be referred to as General.
    Well, I don't know how to make an a umlaut.
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH I came back from school (shudder) and everyone is talking in German! AAARRRGGGHHH

Anyway mr Smith person. You have come to the right place, I am Neo. (desguised as Luke Skywalker desguised as Yoda.)

I will now kick your ass in a very comical style.
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    I am Neo.

Exactly. An easy kill.
    Ah, now mr Neo, I'm sure you will find that, although you look harder than me, you are not!
    Not only does your voice reek of horrible confidence, but your coat looks like a vicar's!!
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    As you all know, I am to be referred to as General.

I can think of a much better name. :))

Where is Roger? There is NO chance of a peace treaty without Roger.

Mind you, I always enjoying reeling in a Pike whenever I go fishing. :))
    Quoting Moore Not Less:

I can think of a much better name. :))

Where is Roger? There is NO chance of a peace treaty without Roger.

Mind you, I always enjoying reeling in a Pike whenever I go fishing. :))

A much better name? How about 'ally', after you sign my peace treaty?

I can meet your demands, and reinstate Roger if you wish. But Pike....I'm not sure. Don't worry...there are plenty more fish in the sea, MNL. :))
    edited January 2004
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    A much better name? How about 'ally', after you sign my peace treaty?

I can meet your demands, and reinstate Roger if you wish. But Pike....I'm not sure. Don't worry...there are plenty more fish in the sea, MNL. :))

'ally'? More like wally. :))

You are talking a load of codswallop. This is not the time or plaice for you to make demands.
    Stop (just like the way Neo says it in the first matrix when they're about to pull the plug on Morpheus) This is crazy, (Just like neo says it in the first matrix whne morpheus is telling him to go out the window)

You two cant form an alliance, unless you let me in on it, we could be the new triple entente, or the triple alliance! Or you could WAKE UP AND SMELL THE JUICE GENERAL, Mr Less is playing you for a fool so he can insult you!
    edited January 2004
    Quoting Moore Not Less:

'ally' more like wally. :))

You are talking a load of codswallop. This is not the time or plaice for you to make demands.

Me make demands? I'm trying to form the strongest alliance this forum has ever had! I will go as far as changing my avatar to do it, and you treat it as a joke. Well let me tell you something - you'll be dead in the water within days unless you accept - because I might just decide to offer a treaty to someone else.

:)) ;)
    Now...... perhaps it's time for me to delete this topic! Ha ha ha!
    Quoting i expect u2 die:
    Now...... perhaps it's time for me to delete this topic! Ha ha ha!

You can't. We're negotiating. If the topic is closed, everyone will be destroyed by eachother. MNL dies first, of course. :)
    And it you're not a mod so how could you?!

General, I would be willing to take up that offer of a treaty with someone else, you said. I can be a very powerful ally, and I wouldn't make demands like Mr Less here, I would simply be.
    Hmmmm

*calculating strategies*
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited January 2004
    You people should sign a peace treaty and move on! I'm getting bored with this! I want to get back to talking about Bond and things. Just don't let your guard down, General, or you may just be insulted by MNL! ;)
    Quoting The Sly Fox:
    You people should sign a peace treaty and move on! I'm getting bored with this! I want to get back to talking about Bond and things. Just don't let your guard down, General, or you may just be insulted by MNL! ;)

Alright then, okay. We shall think up a new topic and return to normal conversation. :)
    agreed. How about DAD what did you think?
    edited January 2004
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    agreed. How about DAD what did you think?

I don't want to write a long review, as it's been done too many times before, but I'll say that it wasn't too bad, despite the critical mauling it has recieved from many members here. It had some great elements. For example, Miss Frost is regarded as one of the finest villainesses of the series, so the film wasn't without it's strong points.

I personally thought that Eon was trying too hard, but it was a reasonable entry.

Anyway..
    I am confused, who was the villian and who was the henchman and who was the random assistant!?
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    I am confused, who was the villian and who was the henchman and who was the random assistant!?

Gustav Graves (Toby Stephens) was the villain, and he had several henchmen. The main ones were Miranda Frost (Rosamund Pike), and Zao (Rick Yune).

There were also some lesser villains including Mr. Kil (Lawrence Makoare) and Vlad (Michael Gorevoy).
    Quoting FROSTY:
    I thought it was about time that FROSTY here joined in with this topic. :)

We've had some really sappy, or underdeveloped co-Villains in the last couple of outings:

HENRY GUPTA
    DAVIDOV
    GABOR
    MR. BULLION ("THE BULL")
    VLAD
    MR. KIL

It's getting to be a rather worryingly long list. ;)

Yes. I think a lot of it is to do with the actors recruited to play them. Some of them are very poor actors, or simply have no screen presence whatsoever.

Wait...Gabor and Mr. Kil are almost exactly the same aren't they?

Anyway.. co-villains should be more interesting. There was a fat bunch of them in AVTAK, including the much underused Scarpine, and Jenny Flex, the crazy Dr Mortner, and Pan Ho. These characters were at least given something interesting to do throughout the film.

Anyway FROSTY, we are honoured by your presence...does my Rosamund pic meet requirements?
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    edited January 2004
    Quoting FROSTY:
    I thought it was about time that FROSTY here joined in with this topic. :)

We've had some really sappy, or underdeveloped co-Villains in the last couple of outings:

HENRY GUPTA
    GENERAL CHANG
    DAVIDOV
    GABOR
    MR. BULLION ("THE BULL")
    VLAD
    MR. KIL

It's getting to be a rather worryingly long list. ;)

I'll certainly agree with you on that last one. His character (and especially his name) seems to have only been included in Die Another Day for what has to be the most contrived and obvious joke of the series. Watching it in the cinema I honestly heard someone groan when the line, "Now there's a name to die for" was uttered.

Of the others, Henry Gupta and Mr Bullion actually provide some genuine, and slightly more well prepared, humour, and are interesting characters. Davidov and Gabor both come across as mere assistants to Elektra, though you are quite correct, all the rest could have and should have been slightly more developed and used more effectively.

Edit: Forgot to invite myself into your guys' thread. Oh well... :)
    Quoting Lazenby880:

Edit: Forgot to invite myself into your guys' thread. Oh well... :)

No...not necessary! We all want to increase the number of members that post in here. We don't want anyone to think that this thread belongs to someone. Post freely ;)
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    If the topic is closed, everyone will be destroyed by eachother. MNL dies first, of course. :)

MNL will die laughing.

What's this? FROSTY and Lazenby880 are muscling in on my territory. :))

Welcome to both of you. :)

FROSTY, your remarks about the under developed co-Villains in the recent Bond films are quite valid. I do quite like Vlad though, he was quite an amusing character. I would like to have seen more of him.
    As far as the main henchmen go, Brosnan's era has been doing quite well, with the likes of Onatopp, Ourumov, Renard, Frost and Zao.

MNL, I suppose they have invaded what you alone call your territory. What are you going to do about it though? Insult them too?

:) ;)
    I haven't graced this topic for over 2 pages. Talking about DAD are we? I think it was real bad, the only saving grace was the beatiful Rosamund Pike. FROSTY and Lazenby 880, honored to have you with us. I think I'll join Rosamund's legions of admirers by getting an avatar of her myself.
    What, I%*!$%(") Your territory?!

WHAT, I "%(&%$ No-one owns it?!

This is my thread do you hear me!? Mine all MINE!! Muahahahahahahaaa!

Anyway, now that thats over with! Welcome aboard chaps! I think the growing sidekick list is good, but once again they should be developped and used more!

Ps I think Gabour and Mr Kil were actually played by the same person!
    I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN
    ARE THERE ANY REQUIREMENTS? AR DARTH SMITHS ALLOWED?