Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    edited September 2004
    It seems like another little fight is starting. I wonder who'll stop it this time.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Quoting tirpitz:
    MNL!!! How dare you make an alliance with ilovepierce! Our forces are moving against you. Beware. Beware!!!

ilovepierce has chosen very wisely.

Jedi Master seems to think that this is his thread. He may well have started it, but I am the one who has given it quality, intelligence, respect and credibility. :))
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    edited January 2004
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    I am the one who has given it quality, intelligence, respect and credibility. :))

I'll be challenging you to that role in the near future sir ;). (Sound of The Scots Guards marching South.) As long as it doesn't become about Star Wars again, where my expertise is sadly lacking.
    edited September 2004
    MNL, you shall soon think of these days as your golden age, for you shall soon be at the bottom heap of AJB. Or maybe just out of insults for us. ;)
    Quoting Lazenby880:
    Quoting Lazenby880:
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    I am the one who has given it quality, intelligence, respect and credibility. :))

I'll be challenging you to that role in the near future sir ;). (Sound of The Scots Guards marching South.) As long as it doesn't become about Star Wars again, where my expertise is sadly lacking.

You see, this proves my point. I have given this thread real quality, intelligence, respect and credibilty which has attracted real quality posters like Lazenby880. Soon, all the Mod's will join in and it will all be because of me.

I am up for the challenge, Lazenby880. You can join me and ilovepierce in an unbeatable alliance against General_Ourumov and his rabble that calls itself an alliance. That includes you, tirpitz. :))
    edited January 2004
    Quoting Moore Not Less:

You see, this proves my point. I have given this thread real quality, intelligence, respect and credibilty which has attracted real quality posters like Lazenby880. Soon, all the Mod's will join in and it will all be because of me.

I am up for the challenge, Lazenby880. You can join me and ilovepierce in an unbeatable alliance against General_Ourumov and his rabble that calls itself an alliance. That includes you, tirpitz. :))

You are too kind MNL, though quite correct ;). But an alliance between a Scot and an Englishman? However having read through the last ten pages I have come to the conclusion that an alliance with yourself could easily destroy the 'opposition', made up as they are of such fellows as a mad, villainous yet unsurprisingly incompetent Russian General and a German naval ship that went down at the hands of the valiant British.

Hey Tirpitz, remember this? ;)

tirpitz.jpg
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Quoting Lazenby880:

You are too kind MNL, though quite correct ;). But an alliance between a Scot and an Englishman?

...made up as they are of such fellows as a mad, villainous yet unsurprisingly incompetent Russian General and a German naval ship that went down at the hands of the valiant British.

I would think twice before creating an alliance with a terrorist. I am half Scottish, you know, so you can trust me, Lazenby, even if I am also mad and Russian. :))

Moore Not Less isn't all as strong as he makes out... ;)
    edited January 2004
    Quoting General_Ourumov:

I would think twice before creating an alliance with a terrorist. I am half Scottish, you know, so you can trust me, Lazenby, even if I am also mad and Russian. :))

Moore Not Less isn't all as strong as he makes out... ;)

General mate, if there's one thing I like about you, it's your Rosamund Pike pic, and that's about it. ;) I never go back on a deal. Never.
    Quoting Lazenby880:

General mate, if there's one thing I like about you, it's your Rosamund Pike pic, and that's about it. ;) I never go back on a deal. Never.

You have chosen your allies poorly. It will be the last mistake you ever make. That is guaranteed, or your money back. :)) ;)
  • ilove pierceilove pierce Posts: 224MI6 Agent
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    Quoting tirpitz:
    MNL!!! How dare you make an alliance with ilovepierce! Our forces are moving against you. Beware. Beware!!!

ilovepierce has chosen very wisely.
    Quoting Moore Not Less:

HEY HEY HEY!! im staying nutral on the posting front.
    PMs are a different story. ;)
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    edited January 2004
    MNL I have to point out to you; you say you bring all these things like intellegence (I know nothing about this so i will not argue with you there!) to the thread. But, all you ever bring is agrument, political unrest and war, which is exactly what drove away Sir Donald Munger (sorry if that name is wrong it was just plucked from my memory) away. All you can really claim to bring to this thread is rivalry, no more, no less. case closed, ilovepierce, I am taking your side (although neutral is not a side!!) I shall stay well out of this forum war!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited January 2004
    Sorry, but I have had enough of Forum Wars. . .I am also staying neutral. I also agree with Jedi Master on the possible fact that our useless arguing has caused political unrest and driven Sir Donald Munger away. We all need to stop acting like immature children. I think I will PM Sir Donald Munger and apologise to him on behalf of all of us for our behavior. What do you think? Should we go on and be friends? Or should we continue on in these useless battles of words? I'd like to hear your opinions.

I have only one other thing to say. . . .

I got a new avatar! Like it? It's very similar to the other one, except this one is tinted red instead of blue. :)
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    MNL I have to point out to you; you say you bring all these things like intellegence (I know nothing about this so i will not argue with you there!) to the thread. But, all you ever bring is agrument, political unrest and war, which is exactly what drove Sir Donald Munger (sorry if that name is wrong it was just plucked from my memory) away. All you can really claim to bring to this thread is rivalry, no more, no less. case closed, ilovepierce, I am taking your side (although neutral is not a side!!) I shall stay well out of this forum war!

I do hope that what you said about Sir Donald Munger is not true, I am very sorry if that is the case. I do not wan't to drive anyone away from here and I do not wan't to cause any real rivalry either. I thought it was understood by everyone that all the talk of war etc was just good natured joking. Jedi, never take anything I say too seriously.

There is no need to take sides. Let's just call a truce and move on to discuss other topics.

What do you say?
    edited January 2004
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    I thought it was understood by everyone that all the talk of war etc was just good natured joking. Jedi, never take anything I say too seriously.

There is no need to take sides. Let's just call a truce and move on to discuss other topics.
    Oh, no, we all knew that it was just joking, but the joking has become redundant. Of course, we don't take it seriously, but people come here to talk about Bond and chat with friends--not these silly Forum Wars.

I also apologise for I have contributed to this as well.

I agree with MNL: Truce. -{
  • KhanKhan Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    What do y'all usually talk about when you're not fighting over your little island across the pond? :)
    Quoting Khan:
    What do y'all usually talk about when you're not fighting over your little island across the pond? :)
    Normally, we talk about Bond, various movies that we have seen, cars, school, etc. Just whatever is the flavor of the month! :)
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    I do hope that what you said about Sir Donald Munger is not true, I am very sorry if that is the case. I do not wan't to drive anyone away from here and I do not wan't to cause any real rivalry either. I thought it was understood by everyone that all the talk of war etc was just good natured joking. Jedi, never take anything I say too seriously.

What do you say?

Moore Not Less, I echo your comment. I apologise to anyone who has either been offended by anything I have said, or to anyone who might have thought we were being serious.

I have a strange sense of humour sometimes, and my insults (towards Moore Not Less!) had no meaning behing them, and were jokes - not meant to offend. Hopefully we have not driven Sir Donald away, as he was a great poster and I enjoyed talking to him!

----

Aside from this...what shall we talk about?
  • Sir Donald MungerSir Donald Munger Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Quoting The Sly Fox:
    I also agree with Jedi Master on the possible fact that our useless arguing has caused political unrest and driven Sir Donald Munger away. We all need to stop acting like immature children. I think I will PM Sir Donald Munger and apologise to him on behalf of all of us for our behavior. :)

Goodness!

Please, don't worry about me. I am fine, I can assure you - but thankyou all for your concern! ;)

I didn't mean for that last post of mine to be taken in the way it was. It was just a case of me not understanding what you were all talking about! I see now that it was just a joke between you all, and that any insults really meant nothing.

I was actually amused by the forum wars, but if you all agree to talk about something else then it is fine with me. :)

Thanks,

L. Kensington
    - Sir Donald Munger.
    Quoting Sir Donald Munger:
    Goodness!

Please, don't worry about me. I am fine, I can assure you - but thankyou all for your concern! ;)

I didn't mean for that last post of mine to be taken in the way it was. It was just a case of me not understanding what you were all talking about! I see now that it was just a joke between you all, and that any insults really meant nothing.

I was actually amused by the forum wars, but if you all agree to talk about something else then it is fine with me. :)

Thanks,

L. Kensington
    - Sir Donald Munger.

Welcome back, Sir Donald. So glad to know that you were not upset. Thanks for posting your vote in the Definitive Bond Moment tournament. :)
    edited September 2004
    Ok, now that is behind us, what kind of topic are we discussing now?
  • Sir Donald MungerSir Donald Munger Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    Welcome back, Sir Donald. So glad to know that you were not upset. Thanks for posting your vote in the Definitive Bond Moment tournament. :)

Not at all.

It is the only tournament anyone ever seems to vote in anymore, and the only one which hasn't been done many times in the past. :)

Yes. Okay then, I have a new topic... why don't we discuss war and its consequences...eh? :))
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Wow, look what I started!?!?! I supose I have to go through it all as well dont I!?! Well ok, sorry everyone! Dont worry MNL I know you were only joking its just i guess we should be talking bout bond, forum wars can get a little repetative!!!

So, who has an idea for a new topic?!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
    edited January 2004
    Here's an idea, we play a trivia game. Not jeopardy, but one of us posts a question and the person who answers it gets to post the next question. Love it? Hate it? Probably the latter. But keep it in mind.

The first question:

What is the difference between the Netherlands and Holland?
    Quoting tirpitz:

What is the difference between the Netherlands and Holland?

It is the same country, but the name is spelt differently. :))
    Sorry, but there actually IS a difference.
    edited January 2004
    There is always much confusion of what the Netherlands is and what Holland is. The nation-state is in fact called The Kingdom of the Netherlands, Holland is now simply a province of that state.

Holland was at one time an independent nation but gave up that independence in the 16th century, when it allied with the Northern and Southern Netherlands against the armies of the King of Spain whom at the time was officially the "Count of Holland".

The southern Netherlands became what is now Belgium having given up the fight, remaining occupied by foreign forces until 1830. The northern Netherlands fought on and eventually won, and the counties (now provinces), including Holland, joined to form what is now the Netherlands.

Who says you'll never use what you learned in History class again?

Here's my question, who was the shortest serving British Prime Minister of the 20th Century?
    Quoting Lazenby880:

Is that your question...L880? If so..I can at least answer that one!
    edited January 2004
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting Lazenby880:

Is that your question...L880? If so..I can at least answer that one!

Sorry General, I've edited my post to include a question, but I'll repeat it, who was the shortest serving British Prime Minister of the 20th Century?
    Quoting Lazenby880:

Sorry General, I've edited my post to include a question, but I'll repeat it, who was the shortest serving British Prime Minister of the 20th Century?

Ah, now that's more like it. Was it James Ramsay MacDonald? (1924)
    edited January 2004
    Quoting General_Ourumov:

Ah, now that's more like it. Was it James Ramsay MacDonald? (1924)

Good try. However MacDonald also served as Prime Minister from 1929 to 1935. He was a Labour PM in 1924 and 1929-1931, after which he left the Labour Party to form a coalition Government supported by the Conservatives and the Liberals from 1931-1935.

So you're wrong. ;)