Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Legend :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Billy is always hilarious . {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It was fun to see Ed Miliband out electioneering meeting a hen party !
    He was very lucky, they didn't strip him. :D Hens can be WILD ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    edited April 2015
    Four kids aged 12 and 13 reached the North Pole yesterday evening, accompanied by six adults. They are the youngest people ever on the Pole. One of them is Johannes, a boy whom I know from my community. Johannes is a good kid and he is standing to the right on the photo. Congratualtions to them! :007)

nordpolen2.jpg
    Typical bloody teenagers, out hanging about ! :#

Congratulations {[] an impressive feat, at any age, let alone so young. -{
    Congratulations to them {[]
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    It's an actual world record! :D
    He has seen a polar bear, he swam in icy water, taken many nightly leaks outside the tent in Sub-Zero temperatures and he will visit the Conferance on Climate Change in Paris this fall.
    Although as we all know Polar Bears as great big friendly chaps who like nothing
    Better than letting a young kid jump on their backs for a gentle cantor across the
    Snow fields. -{ or am I mixing that up with the golden compass ? :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    How did they do it, Number24? I'm guessing it was largely on foot? From where did they start, how far did they trek/ski? What an awesome experience.
    How about an AJB Trip to the North Pole? :D
    One way, of course ! ;)
    Higgins will have to carry our Equipment of course :))
    edited April 2015
    They went by foot and ski, pulling sleds. They will be picked up on the North Pole by a Russian helicoptre and flown to their base in the Artic, then home I believe.

This is a link to their route. "Dag" means "day", "Nordpolen" means ..... take a wild Guess!
    http://nrksuper.no/super/blog/folg-oppdrag-nansen-direkte/

An AJB expedition to the Pole would be in the grand tradition of Robert F. Scott :#
    When are they due back Home?
    Poor old Scott, it seems crazy now to have tried it with ponies instead of dogs. :#
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Scott actually did have dogs, just not enough. Scott had had a bad time with dogs on his first expedition as had Shackleton on his, so ponies seemed like a wise choice at the time.
    edited April 2015
    I don't know when they'll come home, but I'm guessing soon.

Both Amundsen and Nansen studied the Inuit and Sami peoples and learnt from them. They also prepared very well. Scott used tractors and ponies .....
    Among other Things, Amundsen fed dogs to the other dogs as the sleds became lighter, then finally slaughterd the last dogs and ate them themselves. Scot found this "unscivilised". Scot brought some skis, but believed they could only be used on a particular type of snow. All of Amundsen's men were expert skiers and used skis as often as they could.

A few years ago someone tried to re-do the Scot and Amundsen expeditions with the same equipment, supplies and routes. The "Scot" expedition ha to be flown out because of under-nutrition, the "Amundsen" expedition members had gained weight when they returned to base.
    I'm pretty sure I'm the AJB members who edits his posts the most. I'm a terrible typer :))
    :)) I don't bother anymore, it gets posted spelling mistakes and all. ;) I always
    Work on the principle, can I understand what's being said. Not to pick on peoples
    Spelling mistakes. ;) then hopefully others will also cut me a bit of slack. :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I am not one to publicly praise my wife ,but I think on this occasion she deserves a mention ,
    The other day ,she had to telephone the doctors , (she had pains in the trouser dept ) :D any way she was chatting to the snooty cow on reception and not getting any where at all . The snooty cow on reception ,obviously trying her best to defend the doctors in to actually doing any bloody work, was frankly getting on my wifes tits ,if you pardon the expression , any way my wife then asks snooty cow on reception what her medical qualifications were (oh heck here we go we are going to struck off now) to wich my wife then tells snooty cow ,that she is in no position to diagnose her medical problem , I thought great ,here one in the eye from all us poor sods ,trying to get a Doctors appointment :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    My OH has that Side to her :)) (Not the Toffee Nosed, snooty Side but the one that will stand her Ground if someone is rude to her) :)
    Many Doctors receptionists are like that. :# once My wife's Dr left her room
    To go tell one of the receptionists that it was not her job to diagnose the patients
    but merely to find them an appointment. :D
    At the moment I'm sitting in the back garden, a cool drink in one hand and in the
    Other my kindle, just finishing off the last couple of chapters of " No deals, Mr
    Bond". :D
    With my" dog at my feet and the federation flag flying overhead " , just keeping up
    The Star Trek quotes. :p
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I hope every body had a good ST Georges day today , I put me flags out ,and sat in the garden, in the glorious ST Georges day sunshine :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3052014/James-quits-Gear-saying-lame-without-Jeremy-Clarkson.html
    The three lads and producer are having meetings ;) could a new " Top Gear" be about to
    Appear on a new station? ;)
    Myself and Number24 have had a few chats about politics and voting over the
    years. Perhaps this story on politics in N.Ireland might give an insight in to why
    I have such a low opinion of politicians.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-irish-minister-gay-parents-far-more-likely-to-abuse-their-children-10201825.html
    N.Ireland minister says gay parents are FAR more likely to abuse their children ! 8-)
    Not really 21st century thinking and not backed up by any facts or statistics. My view is
    Religion has no place in politics. Governments should work for all its citizens, no matter
    What their beliefs, religion ( or lack of it) colour or sexuality.
    I couldn't even think of a mainstream politician like Cameron, Miliband or Clegg making
    Such an outrageous statement. :#
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Yeah and masturbating will turn you blind :s
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Myself and Number24 have had a few chats about politics and voting over the
    years. Perhaps this story on politics in N.Ireland might give an insight in to why
    I have such a low opinion of politicians.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-irish-minister-gay-parents-far-more-likely-to-abuse-their-children-10201825.html
    N.Ireland minister says gay parents are FAR more likely to abuse their children ! 8-)
    Not really 21st century thinking and not backed up by any facts or statistics. My view is
    Religion has no place in politics. Governments should work for all its citizens, no matter
    What their beliefs, religion ( or lack of it) colour or sexuality.
    I couldn't even think of a mainstream politician like Cameron, Miliband or Clegg making
    Such an outrageous statement. :#

Sounds like he'd fit right in with some of the so-called conservatives here in the U.S. Such nonsense! :s
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Yeah and masturbating will turn you blind :s

And didn't you know - the earth is flat! :s
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    I do think too much of it makes you colour blind. ;)

Happily many other politicians, from all parties have also criticised him.
    So at least we do have a few sensible people over here. -{