Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    We've had it for years over here. Now you don't even think about it.
    Keep some in the car for the "Big shop" or if you're stuck. What the Hell
    splash out the 5p on a bag ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Do what we do go to Sainsburys ,but take Waitrose bags with you ,they don't like that ,well they hate it :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    you did notice I said we used Waitrose bags :D
    Sainsbury's is posh to me, as we shop in Lidl's. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I read that you don't have to pay for a bag because the bag has the brand name on. Could be bollocks though, not sure if it's true.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    In other news: Bruce Glover is going to appear on James Bond Radio on Friday. Can't wait to listen.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    How does this 5p bag work ?? do the stores have to tally up all the 5ps they have taken and send the govt a cheque ,so then the govt can go and make a machine to clear up all the bags ,floating down the Thames ,or do the govt just take the extra tax ,and but £500 a roll wallpaper with it for the primeministers office 8-)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent
    A question to Americans: US hospitals seem to be obsessed with wheelchairs. When I watch TV and movies I notice that patients are always in wheelchairs when they leave hospitals, even if they were there for a broken finger or something equally irrelevant to wheelchairs. Is this only in movies?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    On the subject of wheelchairs:

On our last Transatlantic Crossing there was a white - haired Lady, that walked perfectly ok at Hamburg Airport. When arriving in NYC, she left the plane first in a wheelchair.

We saw her later in the ship - every night on the dancefloor - dancing like a champ.

Lesson learnt: If you want to cut the line at the immigration - call for a wheelchair :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    How does this 5p bag work ?? do the stores have to tally up all the 5ps they have taken and send the govt a cheque ,so then the govt can go and make a machine to clear up all the bags ,floating down the Thames ,or do the govt just take the extra tax ,and but £500 a roll wallpaper with it for the primeministers office 8-)

:)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Higgins wrote:
    On the subject of wheelchairs:

On our last Transatlantic Crossing there was a white - haired Lady, that walked perfectly ok at Hamburg Airport. When arriving in NYC, she left the plane first in a wheelchair.

We saw her later in the ship - every night on the dancefloor - dancing like a champ.

Lesson learnt: If you want to cut the line at the immigration - call for a wheelchair :D

I know a priest who looks and talks like I imagine priests did 100-200 years ago. He loves literature, so he goes to a relevant location every year to study a famous author. One year he went to St Petersburg to study Dostojevsky. While there he bought the outfit a a Russsian orthodox priest as a souvenir :D
    When he was about to og to the airport for the return flight, he remembered the long lines and the very slow security check. He decided to og as a Russian priest and do the sign of the cross if anyone talked to him in Russian. It worked! He got through security in no time :))
    I came up with this ,this morning ( From a phrase by Matt S ) and in no way is it a rip off, of
    Lake Wobegon or Garrison Keillor. :D

Dalton’s Tenure.

Hi folks, sit down and rest a while as I tell you a little about the town I grew up in, a little piece of heaven called Dalton’s Tenure…………..
    Named after an old snake-oil salesman. Who’s “ Medicine” cured many eye disorders, but in truth just left you a little misty eyed.
    Not as exciting as a one horse town, we had to get a pony in high heels to sashay up Main Street at the weekends.
    I can still remember running from Mommas Farm up Moneypenny’s dirt track, to see. Old man Connery sitting on his old rocking chair, spitting out tobacco and cussing at anyone who passed by. Pastor Brosnan, in those very stylish Italian suits, as he said “Just because you’re doing the Lord’s work, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t look good”, then run off to comfort the beautiful widow, with the DB5.
    Across the street is Moore’s Ice cream store. It’s amazing how technology moves on, in those days we only had three flavours , these days it’s more like five !
    Mr Moore was always laughing and telling jokes, slipping in the odd bit of sexual innuendo, “ Roger by name, Roger by nature” he once told me. Thinking about it, it was a little inappropriate to tell an eight year old.
    Young Lazenby was the local bad boy, He had a cellar where he’d take all his young ladies, for an afternoon’s debauchery, holding hands and even touching their calves !
    Until that terrible day when local MILF and man-eater Miss Galore took him down to her cellar ! No one ever really found out what she did to him down there, but when asked. His face would drain of all colour and he’d mutter “This never happened in the other cellar !”
    A few years later a stranger arrived in town, who split the community, those who though he might turn out to be a good kid, but others who hated him from the start. He didn’t help things by cussing all the time, The local paper interviewed him for over two hours and when they printed the story it consisted of, “ Hi I’m Daniel, ….. Bye now “ , apparently it was all F this, and F that, F the other. He didn’t like it even saying he’d rather slit his wrists than do another.
    Although he did take a lot of stick from some people, a group set themselves up in the tree house on Tanner’s farm, and actually trained canaries Morse code, each bird learning one letter, then they’d be sent to perch on the web of telegraph wires outside Craig’s house, chirping out nasty messages.
    He once told me he was getting loads of abusive tweets off the web.
    Sill he stayed, to become just another citizen of Dalton’s Tenure, when the women are beautiful, the men are confused and the children are all above average.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    Charming! Thanks for the smile, TP {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    A question to Americans: US hospitals seem to be obsessed with wheelchairs. When I watch TV and movies I notice that patients are always in wheelchairs when they leave hospitals, even if they were there for a broken finger or something equally irrelevant to wheelchairs. Is this only in movies?

No, it happens every time a person is released from the hospital. I believe it's a liability thing---they are responsible for your welfare while you're in the building, and so if you should fall and hit your head in the hallway after receiving treatment for whatever malady you were admitted for, they would be liable for the new injury.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    That's what I suspected .... Well, it looks silly :))

Now the sun is gone here. Not for the day, but for the winter. The combination of the mountains and the northern location makes sure this place will not be in the sun until the early spring. Just to rub our noses in it, the other side of the fjord is not in the sun shade, so we get to see the houses there lit up by the sun for some time now :#
    The grass is always greener, on the other side. ;)
    You'll have to invest in that big mirror system, you mentioned long ago. :D
    Not worth the money. It'll be lights out for the winter on the other side soon. This might sound strange to Californians or other tanned people, but on the other side of the coin, we get lots of rain!
    (Forum members may have noticed how I endevour to make Norway sound absolutely normal, but this can different to some people's every day life)
    Funny I remember learning during the Scottish referendum, that Scotland
    and Norway were linked in an alliance, way back in the Mel Gibson old days.
    I'm guessing because of the similar weather ? :))
    The weather is the same and the landscape in Scotland is a very toned down version of Norway. The alliance might be NATO?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I've posted this elsewhere but in case it gets lost ... Here is a video of the new Bond waxworks. It shows them close up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQL-mf2HAno&app=desktop
    All very nice although Brosnan looks a bit annoyed.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,614Chief of Staff
    ... as well he should!
    :)) :)) :))
    Quantum of Solace is rubbish.

#justsaying
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

#justsaying

Wash your mouth out :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

#justsaying

Twice X-(

I should have you banned from SABS for that :o :D
    YNWA 97
    I feel a can of worms has been opened ! :p :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Just sayin it wasn't me this time :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

#justsaying

Twice X-(

I should have you banned from SABS for that :o :D

I knew that would rattle your cage but I was watching it on TV last night and turned it off !! Just had to get it off my chest.

You boys know my Achillies heal ... first Thunderbird 2 took away my red wine discount, now you're talking abouting banning me completely from the SABS !!! :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    I watched all of QoS last night - although I hadn't planned too ! Just love it...I even love the 'breakneck editing'...it really fits the tone of this movie...plus DC looks great too :D

Oh...the theme tune is awesome too B-)
    YNWA 97