Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    I'm not trying to shake anyone's belief system, I'd never
    want to remove anyone's safety blanket. :) When something needs
    to be explained, I look to science and reasoned though, while Religious
    People look to " Magic" to explain it. ;)
    Which ever works, for the individual. As I'm not religious, I can believe
    in " Live and let live" and don't have to get in to arguments about who's
    made up Fairy tale leader is better than someone else's made up character.
    If a belief in a God, brings comfort to people, I'm happy for them, So long
    as they grant me the same right, to get on with my life, without indulging
    in their club. ;)
    By the way it's not up to atheists to disprove anything, ( we DON'T Believe)
    it's actually up to Christians etc, to prove their God exists ! I'm a sensible chap
    if I get proof, I'll be first in line to join up. :D
    Number24 wrote:
    Sometimes I feel sorry for you atheists :# You make it you mission to disprove not just one, but countless deities that cant be disproven. We Christians have it much simpler. We believe in only one deity who cant be proven, but neither do we care to do so. :p

Now for a philosophical question. If you follow Gods Twitter account, are you still an atheist_ :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo

I'd simply reply with this^^^.

I don't force people to not believe in God, just like I don't want people trying to force religion on me.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,838MI6 Agent
    Here I was, just making some jokes ..... :#
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Hey look on the bright side Number24, you're not having to explain Scientology. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    So true ..... :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I would like to recomend @TheTweetOfGod.

It's brilliant (as one might expect), but He has only 2.11 million followers on Twitter (surprisingly :o )

I follow that account. It's usually very funny, tongue firmly in cheek most of the time.

It's run by American comedy writer David Javerbaum who worked on The Daily Show. He's recently been responsible for 'An Act of God' on Broadway.
    Sadly I'm not a user of Twitter, don't really understand it, same with Facebook
    I've recently deactivated my account, as I didn't really do anything with it. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sadly I'm not a user of Twitter, don't really understand it, same with Facebook
    I've recently deactivated my account, as I didn't really do anything with it. ;)

After seeing what you post on here, its probably for the best :))
    :)) You can be very cruel :p :D
    edited October 2015
    I was made aware of God's twitter account when I saw an interview of Jim Parsons, who plays God in "An act of God". God and I share the same type of humour, it seems. In other words, Lady Rose and I have a divine sense of humour :D

On the other hand, my grasp of social media is far from godlike. I'm not on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any of the other social media. Posting here is about as advanced I get with computers :(|)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    On a different note ,I was smoke bound on the alpha 2 (driving towards London on the A2) sorry cop speak :D ,and in the distance ,the Shard ,stood there glimmering like a well shard of glass, the sun must have been in a particular position low in the sky ,I must admit it looked spectacular
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Did they ever fix that building, that was melting cars in London ? :)
    Did they ever fix that building, that was melting cars in London ? :)
    I think it was the walkie talkie building ,I think it only involved VWs :D
    :))
    Watching the news today, I couldn't help but think the world is turning upside down. :D

The Chinese communist Leader was looking at the new Aston Martin DB10, while the future King
    held an umbrella for him ! :))
    As one comedian said, The government doesn't want Nationalisation ( Industry owned by the British people)
    here in the UK. Yet, does want power plants owned by the people of China ? :))
    Yesterday 21st of October 2015,was the day,that Marty Mcfly in back to the future ,transported himself to the future, :D .Now apologise if some one has already mentioned this ,but im taking any credit for it as my wife told me . :)
    :)) yes, some of us youngsters did mention it. ;)
    As I pointed out yesterday, the De Lorean car would only
    be a footnote in car history, if not for those films. :)
    :)) yes, some of us youngsters did mention it. ;)
    As I pointed out yesterday, the De Lorean car would only
    be a footnote in car history, if not for those films. :)

sorry TP ,I did apologise :D ,but wernt( for the benefit of the gang ),those cars made in your neck of the woods ,
    Oh, yes -{ our speciality, Boats that sink and car firms that.... Well sink too. :))
    The car was an amazing idea, a sports car that was affordable, and for its day
    very safe, but sadly due to many problems. The performance wasn't great and
    the cost kept going up, so that it was close to the price of a Farrari when it finally
    went on sale.
    Sweden had its first school massacre today :#
    NRA and other gun nuts like to remind us that guns don't kill people, people do. Obviously true, guns don't pullte trigger by themselves. But today the killer didn't use a gun, he used a sword instead. The result? One pupil and one teaching assistant were killed, one more pupil is seriously injured and the murderer was shot by the police. You see, people kill people, but without a gun it's a lot slower and harder to kill other people.
    Agreed guns make it easy. :#
    I'd hate to be a Talk Talk customer this morning :#
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    Sweden had its first school massacre today :#
    NRA and other gun nuts like to remind us that guns don't kill people, people do. Obviously true, guns don't pullte trigger by themselves. But today the killer didn't use a gun, he used a sword instead. The result? One pupil and one teaching assistant were killed, one more pupil is seriously injured and the murderer was shot by the police. You see, people kill people, but without a gun it's a lot slower and harder to kill other people.

Simple. Just ban swords ;) Or have the government confiscate them all. No problem.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    edited October 2015
    Simple just bring in the very sensible UK gun laws across the world ! ;)
    Once again Britain can show how things should be done. :D although
    Wait a few weeks, as America has taken No steps to control Guns. There
    Will be another school shooting in the US in a few weeks. ........... and nothing
    will be done in the hope that by doing nothing, things will change :))
    Surely the laws against swords in schools should have prevented that tragedy.
    He had a sword and killed two, what's the average number of deaths
    In the US in a school shooting ? ;)
    It's really about laws, and what they actually prevent from happening. Murder is against the law ;)
    Don't worry Loeffelholz, I'm not getting into a heated debate about gun laws etc. ;)
    I'm not an American ( big shock there) so not being brought up in a society where
    there are so much a part of life, I simply can't understand the interest in them ?
    Maybe in the US, with crime etc people do feel the need for protection, which I can
    Understand, but what I can't get my head around is the total resistance to any sort
    of restrictions etc.
    I'll admit my only knowledge is from news reports etc, so maybe there are some
    Restrictions on ownership already, I think from chatting with Chrisisall different
    States have different laws.
    Although I think America will have to try something, or these terrible events will
    continue :#
    Nor I, my friend. Just making a point.

Laws certainly aren't the answer. There are many restrictions already in place, actually. But criminals will get weapons because...well...they're criminals ?:)

The only answer is a Totalitarian one: government confiscation, and that will certainly make a lot of headlines, worldwide, if it is ever seriously attempted, and obvious unfortunate historical parallels can be drawn about what happens afterward.

I return, tiredly, to my assertion that modern society has gone mad, and that human life's value is sadly diminished.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    Surely the laws against swords in schools should have prevented that tragedy.

Or they just have a couple of guards with swords roaming the school for security 8-)

I truly despair...

Guns are (mostly) banned over here in the UK - but it doesn't stop the determined criminal...again we are seeing the rise of 'Gunchester'...many gunshot related deaths in Manchester once more...
    YNWA 97
    I agree 100%, I blame the courts. A standard sentence for murder over here
    Is 15 years take off 50% remission and time spent held on remand. So you could
    Murder someone and be out in about 8 years or so, I feel this is putting out the
    Message that human life is not that big a deal, expendable infact.
    I once went for a pizza, and was served by a bloke who had kill a man, and it seemed
    Like no time since I was reading about the case in the local paper.