Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,612Chief of Staff
    Try the SPECTRE Spoilers thread -{

Or one of the myriad threads Higgybum opens up about it :o 8-) :v
    YNWA 97
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I keep reading about the growing popularity of the electric motor car ,and how a survey of 10 year olds (bless) look forward to passing their driving tests,and choosing an electric car ,in a bid to save the planet from nasty car fumes . Now this stuff called electricity , pray tell ,does it grow on trees ,or do we have to burn millions of tons of coal, gas ,oil ,or radioactive stuff to make it , 8-) ,also watched the GMTV news one day this week ,(breakfast in bed ) :) and they said 75% of ambulance staff had been assualted by drunks ,along with a similar number of police officers . Various police chiefs are saying that drinking to excess is putting a massive strain on their resources ,along with staff in hospital casualty units , mindless acts of violence are carried out each and every night in London ,causing untold misery on all involved , then ,wait for it ,the government says it wants to push late night tubes ,so people can enjoy bars and clubs longer ,ie stay out longer and drink more ,you couldn't make it up folks
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Hello all, I've made my biennial pilgrimage to AJB to discuss the new Bond film! :)) But do I see that we are not discussing it on this thread yet?

In response to your comment above, always shaken, I would like to say this: Yes, we generate electricity in such ways that also cause pollution, but extracting and refining petrol also causes pollution so I think your comparison is a false one. Once the fuel is created, in the case of electricity no more pollution is caused, whereas petrol continues to pollute as it is used. Also, it is possible to generate electricity by means that don't cause pollution or harm the environment, the same is not true of petrol. Of course the current UK government is on a vendetta against such means of energy production (along with the NHS, BBC, British judicial system, all levels of education and just about everything else that is good about this country), but hopefully one day we will have the sense to stop destroying the planet unnecessarily!

Sorry, you pushed one of my buttons 8-)

JediM
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    I think AS has a good point. For electrical cars to be really effective in combating pollution, the power must come from the right type of sources. In general Norway is not a front runner when it comes to protecting the envirorment, but now one in four cars sold in Oslo are letrical, and most the power comes from hydro power :)
    The Church of Norway just announced they will allow same sex weddings in their churches :)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Man but that Justin Beiber is a twonk. X-(

His walking off the stage at Oslo, Norway reminded me of 'Elton John' in Rock Profile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjPBVLuWj-g

:))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Jedi master ,is of course correct, mother earth is slowly dying ,and if she goes ,then we are screwed big time , the latest Syrian exodus is going to look like a teddy bears picnic by comparison . I would happily get rid of my gas guzzling Beemer ,if and IF we had a proper alternative , .Yes electric cars are in the infancy stage ,and im sure and hope that by time my grand son can drive ,smelly old fossil fuel cars ,will be as funny as Laurel and Hardys car. But the bigger picture is ,that you have to pay for your plug in by card ?,This will lead to more government knowledge on mapping your movements ,the cash less society will take one step nearer ,so every one will have to pay tax ,and so they should :D no more back handers no more cash in hand ,total control .We will soon have a society like Star trek ,hey sign me up right now :)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Man but that Justin Beiber is a twonk. X-(

His walking off the stage at Oslo, Norway reminded me of 'Elton John' in Rock Profile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjPBVLuWj-g

:))

Justin's best stage performance ever....

http://youtu.be/0e50vqY7Szo
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNnU0HBPr5o

Scars of Dracula is 45 today -{

Also check out the amazing stuff I got signed in Blackpool by Paluzzi/Beswick/Munro etc
    I started a thread a while ago (not very popular it seems ) :D called my home town ,in which memb,ers were invited to send in pictures of where they lived ,as opposed to the usual glossy BOND locations that we get and all love .Any way I commented on the flora that we have growing here ,so close to London .Now to my surprise ,on my return from holiday ,our local paper The News Shopper ,(not quite the New York times) :D has run an article on a 15 foot boa constrictor snake found in our local park :s Now I know this is a big park complete with lake ,gardens ,all designed by one of capability Browns former apprentices ,but a huge killer snake lurking in the park wow.The park is called Danson park by the way .
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Nah way too soon! Think Skyfall was February and that was pretty quick
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lkoiffwx8I

45 yrs since the premiere today , I wish he was still around :(
    Watched a good prog last night about the death of Adolf Hitler ,it seems he done himself with a PPK 8-) ,was that his personal weapon? ,or did he borrow it ? it just seems out of the 3 available side arms probably available amongst various officers ,GESTAPO ,SS, ect why he didn't choose a P38 or PO8 parabellum (Luger to me and you) :D to shoot himself ,or did he ??
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,260MI6 Agent
    Watched a good prog last night about the death of Adolf Hitler ,it seems he done himself with a PPK 8-) ,was that his personal weapon? ,or did he borrow it ? it just seems out of the 3 available side arms probably available amongst various officers ,GESTAPO ,SS, ect why he didn't choose a P38 or PO8 parabellum (Luger to me and you) :D to shoot himself ,or did he ??

He fled to South America and lived until the mid 60's (I love conspiracy theories :D )
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, I thought it was all cut and dried, Then I watched
    a conspiracy show. :)) .......... now I'm not so sure. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited November 2015
    Hitler is believed to have owned several Walther PPK's, but the one he shot himself with is lost. It was probably taken by one of the last people to Escape the bunker or the Soviet soldiers that arrived later.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    I believe that the Walther PPK (created in 1934) was the standard issue firearm amongst the Gestapo/SS officers so it would be no surprise if Hitler used one to kill himself.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Why are there so many people who register here or are registerd already (and have a post count of 2) that always ask if there are any news regarding a wardrobe item. If they would bother to read along, they would know! It's beginning to disturb me X-(
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    Don't let that worry you, hth. Many people lurk here (as on most similar sites) + only sign in for something specific. It doesn't mean they're not enjoying the site- in some ways it's similar to a newspaper selling a million copies but having three million readers (as some of them claim).
    Why are there so many people who register here or are registerd already (and have a post count of 2) that always ask if there are any news regarding a wardrobe item. If they would bother to read along, they would know! It's beginning to disturb me X-(

Some people are only interested in certain items and it can be daunting to trawl through several pages (sometimes 60-70) so I can't really blame them for asking again...and AJB has such a great name now for finding information on items...and that's all down to its members -{
    YNWA 97
    That's why - particularly in the clothing threads, we may be starting compendium threads - like I've done with the TF sunglasses.

Like Barbel and the other mod ( :D ) said - it can be difficult to find relevant information in a 200-page thread - particularly when they contain wrong info as well.

As much as I like AJB, I find Remmert's page much better in that regard.

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    okay, I understand that -{ (but not on a two-page thread)

I think El Higgo's idea is good to sort these things out better :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    El Higgo

iPuZO3gndyywL.gif

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    the other mod ( :D )

You persist in trying to provoke him, Mr Higgins. Usually when a man gets in his way....
    AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg
    :o :o

Maybe I should only create new Spectre reviews in order to keep everybody happy? B-)

edited November 2015
    Another topic:

My advise hhow to keep your marriage happy - the key is humor!

So, I bought Mrs. Higgins a new fragrance - Hermes "Un jardin sur le Nil" (translates to "A garden above the Nile river")

She comes to me asking if she smells good and my reply was "oh yes, dear - smells like alligator sh*it"

I am sure that this has brightened her day :D

Is it distilled from crocodile tears ? :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Barbel wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    the other mod ( :D )

You persist in trying to provoke him, Mr Higgins. Usually when a man gets in his way....
    AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg

Poor Hardyboy :(
    YNWA 97
    On a different subject, it seems "Jihadi John" has bitten the dust. -{