Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Daesh ?, it's odd how something like being called Daesh, would upset them
    As they seem very accepting of different lifestyles, education systems etc :))
    Just another excuse else for the mad bastards to kill, torture, rape, and
    Murder :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    HI guys ,ive been missing for a few days ,my dad he is 80 ,had a stroke at the week end ,and ive had to zoom up to deepest Norfolk to see him ,and look after my mum . To see him lying there has killed me ,and I feel so useless for him . He can talk ,but not hold a conversation ,I don't know if any of you guys have unfortunately been in the same position ,so any words of advice ect will be most welcome .The hard part is ,I know we will all have to die one day ,but I couldn't help feeling one day,i will be lying there ,and my own son will be in the position im in ,and I felt very sad for him ,ive seen the future guys and it stinks ,so please bear with if im not about A,S
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I take that as a no then :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Last Jan I thought my dad was a goner as he had heart attack / failure / lungs filled with liquid and air ambulanced to Chile. Was on life support for 10 days while we were at his bedside and all the nurses were crying saying his chances were practically zero. Tubes and machines everywhere. Miraculously he is now at his home in Spain taking things easy. I think it knocked years off the life of my poor mother. Made me look at life differently since to be honest

Feel for you mate and wish all the best for everybody -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    So sorry to hear that, always shaken. I lost my father in 2012; he died quickly, but after a decade-long decline in health. Seeing our parents get old and infirm is most difficult. You and your family are in my thoughts.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    Sorry to hear that, as. I'd say that one important point is to keep talking to him, whether he can reply or not, so he doesn't feel cut off and is kept in the loop. I've had a lot of experience with that situation, being a retired nurse.
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, AS. I lost both my parents to cancer when I was in my early 20s. So can offer
    no advice, although I'm sure everyone here is thinking of you.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    I went through all of that with my grandmother, AS, so I know exactly what you are talking about. Seeing it happen to your grandmother is not the same as it happening to a parent, but I can certainly empathise. I was in my late teens at the time and it was life-changing to me to see what happened to her and the other people in the hospital and afterwards. I view life very differently now and as my parents get older, I dread the thought that one day the same thing might happen to them. I send you all my thoughts, mate.

As for advice, many stroke victims do recover a bit and no matter how bad the stroke, there are occasional days when they're almost perfectly lucid. They know who you are and who's around them. Make the most of those days, because I genuinely believe that they do know what's what at those times. The whole thing is very physically and emotionally gruelling for you and those close to your Dad (especially your Mum).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Sorry to hear about your father's stroke, AS. Like TP I lost my father at 18 to cancer so I have no experience of strokes. Losing a parent is always hard, but all I would say is while your father is there make the most of it. People can and do recover from strokes so there is still hope.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Stay positive AS, my Mum had a stroke in Oct last year, she has made a very good recovery, she has some trouble with doing certain things using her right arm, but she is still working on it.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    My thoughts are with you AS, my father died in 2007 and was in his 80s, as you say we all have to face the same end but it's what you do now and the time and attention and love you can give him which will be time well spent and will help him heal.

My mother-in-law had a stroke earlier this year and has made great progress, I'm sure if your dad has your willpower (and I think you must need a lot to have done your job), his progress will be swift.

Thinking of you, good luck AS.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear about this, AS. I echo that the most important thing is to stay strong and positive.

A friend of mine had a stroke last year and was in terrible shape. He recovered significantly in the last months and is almost like he was before the stroke. This should give you and your father hope.

Best wishes!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,810MI6 Agent
    The world's nicest public toilet has been chosen by Designcural.com. Guess where it is? :D

978x.jpg
    Dubai ? :D
    Sure is! :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Wow, Global Warming has messed up things more than I thought.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Dubai ? :D

TP, please donate that brain after you're gone.
    I can virtually see brain experts from all over the world wtf'ing when they see that mess :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Is this a well-known 1980s singer and a motorcycle policeman? I wonder what they are saying to each other?

image.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    A police man talking to an 80s musician ?
    Could the policeman be asking him to accompany him
    to the station ! :D
    (I'm working on my Christmas cracker jokes ;))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Was it the lead singer of The Police? :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited November 2015
    I have no idea who the strangely dressed people on the picture from Dubai are! :o
    By the way Number24 have you seen Ex-machina ?
    The internet billionaire's house looks amazing and was
    Apparently filmed in two beauty spots of Norway and a
    Stylish hotel. ;)
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/you-can-actually-stay-in-the-insane-ex-machina-house
    But they must have that wrong, surely ? :D looks nothing like Norway. ;)
    Actually Norddal is not far from here, and I visited the area a few months back. I didn't see the hotel because people need their privacy.
    .. and is it near that Burj Khalifa hotel ? ;)
    Yes, or at least the local version of it .....

063193D.jpg
    WOW, that must have been a windy day in Dubai ;)
    Thanks guys ,all your comments mean a lot to me ,and I am touched to the quip ,when push comes to shove ,you know who your real friends are ,thank you all , :x
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    had to post this :))
    image.jpg
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Noticed today in Currys a 50" TV at £319 ( good price) but last week it was £299
    even £249 before that. I'm guessing come "Black Friday" it will be back to either
    £249 / £299 as a bargain. :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    Noticed today in Currys a 50" TV at £319 ( good price) but last week it was £299
    even £249 before that. I'm guessing come "Black Friday" it will be back to either
    £249 / £299 as a bargain. :))

Indeed it will be ! Sneaky...very sneaky... X-(
    YNWA 97