Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Luckily for everyone but Gardner it's not very contagous ......
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Lady Chatterley seemed to enjoy her Gardner ;)

It's a sign of the times when I have to bring a little
    culture to the thread ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'm shocked no-one has mentioned Flemingitis yet. It was near epidemic in the 60's. Now it's far less widespread, but those who are infected nowadays are usually hit hard.
    Flemingitis, is a life long condition. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,378Chief of Staff
    This is true, I've had it for 50 years now! I've recovered from Gardenophilia, though I did have a bad case of the Bensons subsequently.
    Interestingly, The Flemings (not to be confused with Flemingitis) is the mental illnes where you belive you know the works of Ian Fleming entirely based on the movies. The most extreme version of the Flemings is when it's combined with severe Mooritis.
    I suffered from that, the only cure is to go back and Read the
    Fleming books again , to see how wrong some of my opinions
    were. ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Lady Chatterley seemed to enjoy her Gardner ;)

It's a sign of the times when I have to bring a little
    culture to the thread ! :))

Can you elaborate on that, TP? I'm intrigued! :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    You're far too young for that sort of literature. :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    You're far too young for that sort of literature. :D

:))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Remembering a while back Number24 posting about putting on his winter tyres.
    I have to post the sad news the Cold weather has killed my car :# well the battery
    anyway, had to by a new one this morning.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Does any body know AOS is doing ,I know he had a baby ,so he is probably not getting a lot of kip , but I do miss him ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Hopefully with work and the new family, he's too busy to drop by. -{
    Remembering a while back Number24 posting about putting on his winter tyres.
    I have to post the sad news the Cold weather has killed my car :# well the battery
    anyway, had to by a new one this morning.

Shame. How cold was it?
    The photographer Ketil Digernes has taken these pictures. Norwegians like to spend the days standing on the edge of things :))

550x550.jpg

19755635531_5374aca31d_z.jpg

wIQ9KkH.jpg

153.jpg

550x550.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    had to by a new one this morning.

Call it stingy but here in Germany we would buy a new Battery :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) I've given up worring about which letters my fingers miss. ;)
    Anyhow, I like to think of it as text speech, which makes me Young,
    Cool and trendy. :D
    But I wonder how cold it was when the car battery died? It surprises me that anywere in Britain can be Cold enough to do it this early.
    :)) I've given up worring about which letters my fingers miss. ;)
    Anyhow, I like to think of it as text speech, which makes me Young,
    Cool and trendy. :D

Nothing more young and trendy than a "I don't wash my car - I buy a new one" attitude :)) :))

It was fun thought, I had to go and dig out the handbook to get the code
    for the radio. ;) Then to be laughed at by the mechanic, when I mentioned
    that the steering seemed to be affected, especially on full lock. ;) he pointed
    Out the power steering is electrical. :D ..... I hate talking to real men ! :))
    Blokes who know about cars, football and stuff.
    Does any body know AOS is doing ,I know he had a baby ,so he is probably not getting a lot of kip , but I do miss him ,

I'm friends with him on Facebook. He seems to be getting on fine but I guess he has a lot on his plate at the minute with a new baby daughter and his job. -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I was driving home today ,and my route takes my past the end of the runway ,of Lakenheath airforce base ,just as I was going past ,this jet ,I assume it was a American fighter,flew over to land ,Christ almighty ,I thought the car had blown up , :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I watching the horrible news of the shooting in California. It's still not clear what's happened and wwy, but te were several shooters and "soft targets". For some reason terrorist attackes in the developed world (the US, France, Norway etc) get far more attention than the majority of oattacks that happens in the Middle East or Africa. Thsi is a horrible tragedy no matter what. and my thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    I watching the horrible news of the shooting in California. It's still not clear what's happened and wwy, but te were several shooters and "soft targets". For some reason terrorist attackes in the developed world (the US, France, Norway etc) get far more attention than the majority of oattacks that happens in the Middle East or Africa. Thsi is a horrible tragedy no matter what. and my thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones.

A very bad situation; the first of what I fear is a new wave of Islamic terror on U.S. soil. And no surprise that they chose a posted 'Gun Free Zone' to do their terrible work, guaranteeing themselves a window of time in which to operate without interference.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families, and my gratitude to the responders.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Just waking to news of the attack ( as no details were coming out last night) and it seems
    another link to Saudi Arabia. Where to be honest many a terrorist seems to come from, but
    for some reason. No pressure is applied on them, even as many intelligence organisations
    point out that it also funds ISIS ? Who now it seems regard people suffering with a disability
    as targets.
    I know that my friend Loeffs has a totally different opinion on this topic - but the problems are not 'Gun Free Zones' the problem is, that everybody can get an arm in the US too easily.

I have no illusions that if someone really wants - he'll get access to one if he really wants - but the number of uncontrolled firearms in the US is far too high and therefore the total numbers of all kinds of abusing those is so high in the US.

May I add that even the possible presence of a 'Guns allowed" zone would not hinder those people to go ahead with their plans * - they are not afraid to die.

My sympathy goes with all people who have been touched by yesterday's shootings.

* though I admit that they may be stopped earlier

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    the news just announced that it was a married couple and that it probably was planed
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    If it turns out not to be a terrorist attack, it does pose an interesting question about,
    what has changed in American society that makes these sort of terrible attacks more
    frequent.
    Surely gun ownership has always been a part of American like, with guns and pistols
    available over generations. So what has changed in people that this seems to be happening
    more frequently ?
    Found the perfect Christmas present for the wife:

bildschirmfotokz4db30neo.png

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    If this attack turns out to be religiously-motivated terror, ubiquitous gun control fever will be outed as a massive red herring, as will the notion of US society being to blame once again, and nobody wants to address the 500 pound gorilla in the room. Was gun availability and French society to blame for Paris? Come ON.

And it is a fact that this was a posted gun free zone. Coincidence? Sure; whatever.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM