Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,698MI6 Agent
    Thanks to James Suzuki, hehadlotsofguts and Thunderpussy for your kind words on my AJB 13th anniversary today. -{

And of course I look forward to your review of Never Send Flowers, James Suzuki - it's one of my favourites of Gardner's Bonds but I know there's not much love for it out there in the literary Bond community. There's no greater praise for me to hear than your saying my posts here and blog writing inspired you to go and further appreciate the Bond novels again. Thanks! :)

With my fellow members here I want to continue to fly the flag for the literary Bond community here on AJB so that it continues to thrive with new and interesting discussions and analysis for a new year. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    I've just taken the James bond test above and I got Daniel Craig! Which is good as he models himself on me -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,698MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Happy anniversary!

Thank you, stag! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    Last night there was a political debate between the party leaders in Sweden. This became much more entertaining than usual because the subtitles from the children's TV chanel was put on the broadcast. I bring you some of the highlights: :))

"Greetings, Earthlings!"
    978x.jpg

"I will build the greatest sand castle in the Galaxy!"
    480x.jpg

"Ants! Ants?"
    480x.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Hahahahah! That's great! :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,299MI6 Agent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpDOgUMNnfU

Same bat time , same bat channel.....forever and ever and ever.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Woke up to fresh snow this morning ,the whole garden covered in the stuff .So I let me doggy out for her early morning ablutions ,shall we say , and the expression on her face was priceless ,(she has never seen snow ) "ere daddy whos covered the garden in ice cream " and the she ate it , :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Today king Harald and queen Sonja have been 25 years on the Norwegian throne. The day was celebrated in the way I'm sure any royal couple would mark the occation ......... skiing with the people in front of the castle and down the main street of the capital :D
    I'm so glad I live in a normal country that isn't strange in any way .....

tace8860.jpg?chk=EDE348

Third in line to the throne in front, followed by crown prince and princess and king and queen:
    tace8503_0.jpg?itok=scjlbv26
    Congratulations {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Congratulations to them indeed! I'm a monarchist. :) -{
    I'm looking forward to seeing the British royal family skiing with the people of London in front of Buckingham Palace for the Queen's jubilee in 2018 :007)
    Sadly we can't take the chance of her Majesty breaking a hip. ;)
    She could use a sledge town by reindeer - problem solved! I don't see any reason why this can't happen :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    :)) I'm sure she'll never mention it again ! :D
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,325MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    She could use a sledge town by reindeer - problem solved! I don't see any reason why this can't happen :D

Not after the last time - the Queen was with a foreign dignitary in a horse drawn carriage going down The Mall when the horse let loose with a loud prolonged fart, very embarrassed the Queen said "I'm so sorry" and the dignitary replied " You shouldn't have said anything I thought it was the horse!" :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Question for our gun experts here ,
    The other day on the front page of the evening standard was a picture of 2 Met police firearms officers ,carrying not as you would expect a MP40 ,but something that looked out of a museum a sort of a cross between US M3 grease gun /sten gun / ect weird looking thing ,any help please
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Question for our gun experts here ,
    The other day on the front page of the evening standard was a picture of 2 Met police firearms officers ,carrying not as you would expect a MP40 ,but something that looked out of a museum a sort of a cross between US M3 grease gun /sten gun / ect weird looking thing ,any help please

It's interesting indeed that they would be using an archaic weapon like that. -{
    Doesn't an MP40 look like something out of an museum? After all it was the standard German SMG during wwII, a contemporary of the M3. Perhaps you ment MP5?
    Possibly with Government cut backs, we're now down to using old
    WW2 weapons ? :D
    Possibly with Government cut backs, we're now down to using old
    WW2 weapons ? :D

I wouldn't put it past them - January's a tight month! :))
    Perhaps AS can supply us with the picture? In general I think the last WWII weapons were taken out of service around the end of the cold war. The Norwegian air force and navy used some MP40's until then, and I belive a reserve supply unit in the US Army used M3 SMG's in the first Gulf war in 1992.
    Nice to hear today that MI5 has been named , the most welcoming of employers for
    gay, lesbian and trans gender employees. So far from being old fashioned, they are
    infact very contemporary. -{
    How much of a contrast to the sick terrorist scumbags of diaesh or IS, who belive in
    killing anyone not like them.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,472Chief of Staff
    Heard on radio this morning that Glenn Frey (Eagles) had died. Sad, I thought, another great musician dying (last week Bowie, Lemmy...).
    Shortly afterwards the announcer said "70 yr old American Pie songwriter Don McLean..." and I thought Dear Lord, they're dropping like flies... but McLean is all right. Except for being charged with assault, that is.
    Nice to hear today that MI5 has been named , the most welcoming of employers for
    gay, lesbian and trans gender employees. So far from being old fashioned, they are
    How much of a contrast to the sick terrorist scumbags of diaesh or IS, who belive in

MI5 has a long history of employing women and gays. Nearly from the begining they hired upper-class women who were so bright they took the best education and most interesting jobs they could get before they married, simply to combat boredom. MI5 welcomed many of those. Their bosses were often former police and military officers with experience from the colonies who were, frankly, less inteligent then their secretaries :)) Gays were also employed (after all they often recruited from the British upper class :v ) Even though many of them did a good job, some of them were also Soviet spies ....
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Heard on radio this morning that Glenn Frey (Eagles) had died. Sad, I thought, another great musician dying (last week Bowie, Lemmy...).
    Shortly afterwards the announcer said "70 yr old American Pie songwriter Don McLean..." and I thought Dear Lord, they're dropping like flies... but McLean is all right. Except for being charged with assault, that is.

And don't forget Dale Griffin, the drummer from Mott the Hoople...that should have a lot of young and overseas members on here scratching their heads and muttering "Mott the wot..."

Maybe someone up there (or down there) is forming a band.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

MI5 has a long history of employing women and gays. Nearly from the begining they hired upper-class women who were so bright they took the best education and most interesting jobs they could get before they married, simply to combat boredom. MI5 welcomed many of those. Their bosses were often former police and military officers with experience from the colonies who were, frankly, less inteligent then their secretaries :)) Gays were also employed (after all they often recruited from the British upper class :v ) Even though many of them did a good job, some of them were also Soviet spies ....

I've been reading a lot about Bletchley Park recently and even went there last week.

They enrolled debutants not only for their education but because 'girls from well bred families knew how to keep secrets' .... :D
    After all they had kept quiet about their fathers' out-of-wedlock children and their brothers' homosexuality all their lives .... :D
    Double posts are twise as fun :))