Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Doesn't an MP40 look like something out of an museum? After all it was the standard German SMG during wwII, a contemporary of the M3. Perhaps you ment MP5?

:)) :)) dam I meant a MP5 ,the MP40 was the iconic stormtrooper sub machine gun ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Doesn't an MP40 look like something out of an museum? After all it was the standard German SMG during wwII, a contemporary of the M3. Perhaps you ment MP5?

:)) :)) dam I meant a MP5 ,the MP40 was the iconic stormtrooper sub machine gun ,

Never mind! I'd still like to know the reason why the police were using old weapons like this.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Unusual protest against signatures on documents.

Made me LOL, but he has a point: If someone steals my Creditcard, he gets my signature free of charge on top.

Full story here:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-who-used-penis-signature-7131666
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Never mind! I'd still like to know the reason why the police were using old weapons like this.
    Was the picture youve seen on the 14th of Jan edition? If so the guns the police officers are holding look like heckler and Koch mp5 or mp5k with the foregrips and the extending slide out shoulder stock as opposed the fixed or folding stock, it's a very basic looking gun and quite skeletal and skinny compared to the lmt defender ar15. They have been around a long time now but are an immensely capable and reliable firearm.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Unusual protest against signatures on documents.

Made me LOL, but he has a point: If someone steals my Creditcard, he gets my signature free of charge on top.

Full story here:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-who-used-penis-signature-7131666

Interesting. I wonder what would have happened if his last name was Dick, Knob or Nutts though?
    I watched bits of an interesting programme the other night ,about country music taking Northern Ireland by storm ,so I wondered if Hop-a-long Thunderpussy ,has a view on this , :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I used to play in a Band bringing the joy of music to the people. ;)
    I think it was the universal love of my singing that in fact brought
    Peace to our wee country. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited January 2016
    It just struck me (I'm very quick if you just give me some time :) ) that it's entirely possible that the final presidential candidates in the US may be Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders :)). They are not the most likely candidates so far, I think, but it could happen. It would be extremely entertaining, but since I asume most Americans are politically somewhere between the two I don't think it's for the best.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Bernie Sanders is my man.
    If Trump should buy, err, WIN the Presidency y'all better get ready for World War III. :#
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Trump is a man who has managed to stay ahead in the polls by using shock tactics - not the sort of man I want to have access to powerful military arms :v
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Trump is a man who has managed to stay ahead in the polls by using shock tactics - not the sort of man I want to have access to powerful military arms :v
    I wouldn't trust him with a potato gun.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/james-nesbitt-always-wanted-to-play-bond-lucky-man-is-closest-hell-ever-get-to-it-34386293.html

James Nesbitt admits he once harboured dreams of becoming Northern Ireland's first James Bond, but accepts his new role in drama series Lucky Man is the closest he will get to playing the world's most famous secret agent.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The refugee crisis should be known to everyone by now, but there is one aspect of it you may not know. There is an alternate route from the Middle East into Russia and accross the border to Norway and the West. Lucky us, we share a border with Russia in the Arctic anbd it's about as far east as Istanbul. There is however a strange Russian rule that you can't cross the border walking. So what do the refugees do? They bicycle into Norway!

2475463.jpg

The flow of refugees is slowing down now. It's partly because the toughned immigration policy (yes, here too) and partly because it's about 40 degrees celcius there (the same in Fahrenheit, strange enough ...)

c=225,807,3676,1434;w=638;h=249;78627.jpg

20151020-213859-0.jpg

The inteligence services in Finland claim that Russian FSB is screening the refugees. This is highly likely, since the Kola peninsula on the Russian side is heavily militarized and the border area well guarded. We must assume only the refugees Russia don't want and/or the ones they want us to have make it to Norway.
    Problem is now that to my knowledge Norway refuses immigrants by bike effctive from last week, so the officers help to repair the bikes, but the poor people are being sent back.

Heartbreaking if you keep in mind what most of these poor people went thru already :#

I don't know if the officers help repair the bikes .....

ddde5d3202f070d14466103f92bf5b86.jpg?t%5B%5D=768x432q80

They are being destroyed because if you give them back to the refugees they'll just come rolling back. Some of the refugees already have a permit to live in Russia and have done so for a long time, so everyone here agrees they must go back. But my former college friend the Minister of Immigration (it's a smal country :) ) also tries to send back people with short time business visas in Russia. The irony then becomes that refugees who came via the refugee-friendly and nice Russia must go back, but many of those who came via oppressive and scary Sweden can stay ?:)
    on a lighter not ,wishing all my kilt wearing brethren ,a happy Burns night , I will raising a wee dram or 2,too the great man himself ,and I don't mean Barbel :)) but I will be thinking of him ye ken . :)
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    She could use a sledge town by reindeer - problem solved! I don't see any reason why this can't happen :D

Vince should have WrestleMania on Svalbard with Undertaker in a reindeer drawn sleigh and Big Show/Mark Henry vs polar bears tag team match :)) :p
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Heard on radio this morning that Glenn Frey (Eagles) had died. Sad, I thought, another great musician dying (last week Bowie, Lemmy...).
    Shortly afterwards the announcer said "70 yr old American Pie songwriter Don McLean..." and I thought Dear Lord, they're dropping like flies... but McLean is all right. Except for being charged with assault, that is.

And don't forget Dale Griffin, the drummer from Mott the Hoople...that should have a lot of young and overseas members on here scratching their heads and muttering "Mott the wot..."

Maybe someone up there (or down there) is forming a band.

Anders Nelsson : "Bruce Lee and Elvis actually has a band up there , they do a hip hop version of Guantanamera" :)) :s
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    I was in a local supermarket earlier today and the checkout girl asked 'Would you like a bag for life?'

After a few seconds I replied 'No thanks ....... I've already got one I married 38 years ago'
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    :)) :)) :))

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    I eat frogs for breakfast. Just thought I'd share that with you. Explains a lot doesn't it? :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Who am I to judge - I live near a gigant toad statue :D
    Do you people have any opinions on Denmark's new refugee law that allows the authorities to seize assets above 10 000 DK (1000 £) from refugees to the country? I think the Danes are being judged to harshly when they are compared to nazi's taking gold teeth from jews. The refugees are alowed to keep watches, mobile phones and items of sentimental value such as wedding rings. Denmark has received more refugees per capita than most EU members this year, and this costs a lot and the money goes towards paying for what it costs to integrate them to Danish society. It's also worth noting that Danish citizens must sell assets worth more than 10 000 DK (the same sum) before reciving some welfare benefits such as a place at an institution for the elderly.
    I agree the whole "Nazi" comments are unnecessary and insulting. No country can take in
    thousands of new people and not need some help in paying for their care.
    I agree the whole "Nazi" comments are unnecessary and insulting. No country can take in
    thousands of new people and not need some help in paying for their care.

Not sure where the "Nazi" comments are from.
    If they are from the UK, the question is, if it's better basically not to take any refugess at all or if accepting refugees on a larger scale and having them contribute them to the cost like in Denmark (if they have property) is better.

Here in Germany authorities are starting doing the same but only to the same degree like they force locals to sell property before they are entitled to receive public money.

There was a story this week about immirgrants in Wales ( I think )
    Being given wrist bands, to collect some benefits etc, and several
    Columnists in papers immediately commented that " it was like
    the stars worn by Jews under the Nazi's" .
    Which I think is quite a stretch of the imagination.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I see that Frans Timmermans, the first vice president of the European Commission, has revealed that Frontex, the EU border agency, has said that 60% of all people who arrived in Europe last year and applied for asylum were not entitled to it as they were 'economic migrants' from places like Tunisia, Morocco, Kosovo, Albania etc who had squeezed in amongst the Syrians and other genuine asylum seekers. Amid the huge arrival, everyone was allowed in and although the EU says all those who are not entitled to remain will be returned, inevitably the vast majority of those that fit that description have disappeared. As always, those most in need - the Syrians etc - are the ones who suffer most as the funds and networks created to help them have collapsed under the weight of the abusers.