Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    AS on your AUGHNACLOY query, I have probably driven through it on my travels, but doubt if I've
    Ever stopped to look round, must give it a go, sometime. Although I swell with pride that one of the
    Hardest men in any Bond story is from over here ! :)) Also in a Gardner Bond Novel, My surname is
    Used for a minor character ( she gets killed) if it helps if you ever read it, just imagine me in Drag. ;)
    ( No Deals, Mr Bond )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    :) nice one TP I shall certainly think of you :)
    but on a random note ,I lost a great friend today ,and as I saw her I shed a tear ,she was at least 150 years old 8-) I first met her when I was about 7 ,(im now 57 ) and at a certain time of year I would make my annual pilgrimage to pay her a visit .She gave me many hours of fun as a small boy and also when I, and my family had their children as well .Now I have a grand son ,and im sorry that he will not share in this magnificent ladys bounty . 8-) (who is this person that AS knows that is 150 years old I hear you mutter),She was a beautiful horse chestnut tree ,conkers to you ,we small, scruffy boys would in the autumn, would scurry to the park ,before the other boys ,and furiously like pigs rooting for truffles ,pick up the bounty of conkers that this lady had shed .
    We would spend hours playing conkers ,in the school yard ,it was like F.A cup day ,Jims sixer is going against Sids niner ,the ritual of smelling each other conkers would start ,to check that the opponent hadn't pickled or baked his conker .With two boys squared up in the middle of a ring of other boys ,almost like a bare knuckle fight ,the first to strike would be greeted with a loud cheer ,old boot laces for strings ,knuckles would be hit ,but this was to the death .The victorious winner would claim the other boys count ,and now his sixer was a grand 15 .Almost like an old gun slinger from the wild west ,there was always another boy ,waiting armed with a two er ,ready to snatch glory .And now the council has decided to chop her down ,cut her up,shred her, and burn her .They wouldn't have the brains to turn her into planks ,so she could live on as furniture .I walked over to the stump ,it must of had a girth of 10 feet ,I patted her ,said thank you and said goodbye .Now where did that stupid dog go .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Oddly enough many men have no Interest in sport at all, in a radio survey some years ago
    I think it was something like 60% of men have no Interest , it's simp!y the other 40% going
    On about it. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Can't stand it, 22 over paid mongs kicking a pigs bladder round a field.

I prefer them sports where a bloke chucks a saucer in the air only to take a 12bore to it or that other one where a load of over paid mongs drive fast cars round in circles until they all crash in hideous fireballs or simply run out of petrol.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Women's beach volleyball, that's the only sport I bone ..................... up on, ;)
    I'm a tad partial to the all woman North Korean international Olympic granny throwing team
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,378Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:
    I guess I'm the only one who is dreading having the TV schedules taken over by the bloody football. I cannot stand the game....
    Perhaps you've guessed that I really don't like football!

{[] Count me in the 60% mentioned above.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    stag wrote:
    I guess I'm the only one who is dreading having the TV schedules taken over by the bloody football. I cannot stand the game....
    Perhaps you've guessed that I really don't like football!

{[] Count me in the 60% mentioned above.

I agree 100% with Stag :)
    It is funny at school I used to think I was the odd one, because of my lack of interest in sport, yet
    when it came to hobbies I did tended to choose solitary pursuits like Karate, Course fishing and
    photography. I guess I'm not a team player ? :D
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,262MI6 Agent
    I like watching football and major sporting events like the Olympics - there must be some other AJBers who do as well (or am I alone...) :))
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    No, I love watching football and am looking forward to the Euro Cup.

There is nothing better than a good match On a warm summer evening - some sausages on the bbq and some cold beer {[] {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I'll probably be watching a good film when the Football is on.
    Escape to victory, or something like that. :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent

Bend it like Beckham???
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    What's that epic about FIFA ? That should be good for a laugh ;)
    Gordon Gekko is in talks to play Blatter "Greed is good!"
    It could be bad in school, if you didn't know who won some match !
    "Smelly Williams" would pick on you, putting your head down the toilet !
    Honestly he was the worst Headmaster ever ! :D
    Can't say I'm that excited about the Euros, think its because ive never had my country qualify in my lifetime so it has not registered :))

Reminds me to put some money on England to get knocked out by penaltys!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It's my family tradition that all the boys play with odd shaped balls! As a big rugby family my grandfather, my dad and his two brothers all played rugby, naturally as did I, now my little boy is in line for it, football wasn't watched or tolerated as a sport, so I have no interest in the euros. It's more a business than a sport these days. And top players are drastically over payed and under talented IMHO!
    But this little 20 month old future England Rugby captain is priceless

20160605_171332.jpg
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Looks like he is wearing a Wales shirt to me - good on him :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

....preferrably by the Germans :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Looks like he is wearing a Wales shirt to me - good on him :D
    :)) that would never happen :D
    Higgins wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

....preferrably by the Germans :)) :)) :))
    That will probably happen :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    im down to be watching paint dry that evening :D
    I mean if we cant score a goal until the 84th minuet against Portugal ,what chance have we got against France,Italy Germany ,When Mr Exitment (England manager) comes on the Tv and spouts on about how good England are ,because they just won ,"ROY IT WAS LITHUANIA YOU BEAT NOT BRAZIL" X-( we have no hope im sorry ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,262MI6 Agent
    Is anyone here going to see Rod Stewart this Friday 10th June in Southampton?

My daughter is taking me - what a lovely birthday present :)
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    In protestant Norway there is a tradition to celebrate St Hans Day (24th of July) by burning large bonfires in the evening. Near Ålesund young people have for decades put their pride into building the largest bonfire around. This year they wil build the biggest in the world - 45 meters/147.6 feet

Watch this!
    http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/128507/dette-norske-super-baalet-skal-sette-verdensrekord

This year's bonfire;
    f2ea142c-2ec8-4381-95a7-4484256adf7b_l.jpg

A few years ago:

pallet-bonfire6.jpg

fritznoto.jpg
    It's amazing how people love bonfires, over here there's a tradition for big bonfires on the
    11th night ( Night before the 12th of July) a big Orange Order celebration, and there is always
    a competition to see who can make the biggest bonfire.
    Just heard Madeline Smith doing an interview on the radio about her role in LALD.....

"of course, the watch wasn't real, there was a special effects guy who put a wire or a plastic thing down the back of the zip.... and so when we did the filming, I had this special effects guy between my legs yanking on it."

:o

what about the wire though?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    :))

I had to do a Moonraker pigeon double take at the weekend, on first sight, what I'd thought I'd seen was .......
    A man leading his wife/girlfriend by a lead, in a shopping centre ! :o (quick double take ) .....
    It was a man sharing his earphones with his wife/girlfriend, while he still held on to his phone ! and
    Walking slightly ahead of her. :D
    sure she wasn't a human pup?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Sounds like incognito slavery! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).