Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    can we get an update from Bond collectors weekends ,he lives not far (in the scheme of things ) from Orlando
    hoping he is ok too
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Everybody here knows my take on firearm law and - possession, but Let's not forget that the terrorists from Paris where similarly armed - so the stricter gun laws over here could not prevent a similar massacre last year.

Condolences to all the families who've lost someone.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    The Orlando area is heavily policed ,mainly due to the huge number of Disney tourists. When you move around in that area ,you always see Orlando PD ,Florida state police ,Florida highway patrol ,Orange county Sheriffs dept , and many more plain clothes units you never see ,plus all the other Sheriffs depts. around the Orlando area , its very safe ,but obviously the very determined will never be deterred ,the law is only for the law abiding . God bless all who perished in this barbaric act .
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Everybody here knows my take on firearm law and - possession, but Let's not forget that the terrorists from Paris where similarly armed - so the stricter gun laws over here could not prevent a similar massacre last year.

Condolences to all the families who've lost someone.

There isn't a strict corrolation between the number of guns in a society and gun violence. Norway and Switzerland has a large number of guns, but very few murders. Russia, on the other hand, has few guns in civilian hands and a very high number of mureders. But the fact remains that the US has the most liberal gun laws in the western world and far more gun massacres than any other countries. My opinions is that gun laws, the number of guns and the culture of the society in question are the most important factors.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Inadequate people, angry with the world and believing. Either some crazy Politics or
    Extreme religious views. Have all the reasons they need to kill and maim . :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    https://youtu.be/VWSPWTadDok
    Some running costs of an Aston Martin. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Trump taking it out on Muslims because of the Orlando atrocity would be like Reagan taking it out on autograph hunters after the shooting of John Lennon.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,698MI6 Agent
    Trump taking it out on Muslims because of the Orlando atrocity would be like Reagan taking it out on autograph hunters after the shooting of John Lennon.

Too true. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Seems now the killer was a regular at the club, Another inadequate angry at the world. Instead
    Of enjoying life.

Too true. -{

Only moderately true :#

As far as I know Extreme Autograph Hunters Union (I'm making it up, but there is no IS equalent in the autograph world as far as I know) didn't call Reagan's shooter "our soldier" and made him out to be a hero.
    Watching Dickinson's real deal on ITV, where they sold a
    1973 ? Rolex Sea Dweller watch, boxed with its paper work, for
    £6000. originally bought new for £250
    Later sold on by the dealer for £7000 :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
    Watching Dickinson's real deal on ITV, where they sold a
    1973 ? Rolex Sea Dweller watch, boxed with its paper work, for
    £6000. originally bought new for £250
    Later sold on by the dealer for £7000 :D

Yea...that episode aired a few months previous...lovely watch -{
    YNWA 97
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    It's official ... Political satire in the UK is dead because no one could write what it currently happening on the Thames outside Parliament

There is a flotilla face off .... Sir Bob Geldof on a Remain Boat chasing Nigel Farage around the Thames in a Leave Boat .... Sir Bob has a microphone and loud speakers and is shouting down Farage across the river outside Westminster .... all very bizarre

I'm watching the news and just thinking of going to bed and putting the duvet over my head ... Osbourne with his 'punishment' budget if we vote out and Sir Philip Green asking the Commons select committee not to look at him because its disturbing .....

:s :s :s :s
    :)) Sir Bob has also said old people shouldn't have a vote in this. That's a very odd
    view on democracy. :))
    You know the old saying that "Happy is the country that has no history"?
    There is a lot to it. I would add that happy is the country that has dull politics. Luckily Norwegian politics is very dull :)
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    :)) Sir Bob has also said old people shouldn't have a vote in this. That's a very odd
    view on democracy. :))

It's amazing how many times I've seen this view expressed by various people. It actually infuriates me. Those old people saw us through a war and helped rebuild the country we live in. Those old people have lived through many turbulent times and seen the consequences. Those old people have a wealth of experience.

Whilst I'm not of pensioner status, I am well aware the decision I make on June 23rd is more likely to impact on my 19 year old daughters future than mine. If it all goes horribly wrong it will be her generation sorting things out. I will vote with that in mind and what I think is best for her. This vote is more important than any general election vote IMO.
    " May you live in interesting times" the famous old chinese curse. ;)
    or
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king " .... nothing to do with
    the subject, I just like it. :)
    Apparently the Russians want the UK to leave the European fold ,well that should be enough warning for any body .
    True, I don't want Putin coming after me. So I know how I'll vote. :D
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36550304
    Labour MP Jo Cox has been shot and stabbed outside her constituency office.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,327MI6 Agent
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36550304
    Labour MP Jo Cox has been shot and stabbed outside her constituency office.

So many crazy people around with guns :#
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    It's sad to think there are so many angry and unhinged or just full of hatred people
    out there. :#
    It's sad if politicians can't take a controversial stand and still safely mingle with the public. A loss for democracy and a loss for her family and friends :#
    You can never plan for this sort of mindless attack, and we shouldn't change
    our system because of one madman. This system has stood the test of time.
    As I sat in my barbers today, I noticed Jeremy Clarkson and James May are big fans
    Of staying in the EU ( no comment from Richard Hammond) :))
    By the way I read that in a paper, they weren't waiting with me for a haircut. ;)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I was about to say Pussy, if you go to the same place as Clarkson for a haircut then you seriously need fo change barbers :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I've now reached that age in life that my barber, is the son of my old barber. :D
    I joke with him, that he must be doing something wrong, as there was never as
    Much grey hair, when his Dad was cutting it ! :D

I use Clarkson as my fashion model, I get all my ideas from old Top Gear shows. ;)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I've now reached that age in life that my barber, is the son of my old barber. :D

In the family business, would that make him the 'hair' apparent?
    :)) Panto season must be close. :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,475Chief of Staff
    "Oh no it isn't!"