Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I saw on QI that players have the best chances of scoring a goal if they kisk the ball directly at the keeper ..... :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I saw on QI that players have the best chances of scoring a goal if they kisk the ball directly at the keeper ..... :))

or judging by the recent set of Italian/German penalties ,just kick the ball ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Especially if Joe Hart is in goal :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    On a completely different topic: the British report on the Iraqi war has made public today. In my opinion Blair and Bush jr should face trial for what they did. Thousands of coalition servicemen and -women killed and wounded. Between 150 000 and over one million Iraqi deaths (most of them civilians). Not to mention the added instability to a region that was already full of conflicts. All this because of a war that came about because of ideology and not facts. :#
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm not going to stand here and listen to anyone bad mouth Tony Blair ! ......
    ....... hang on until, I sit down :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I hope your sitting comfortably, the second Iraq war was a result of Bush and Blair, Blair has been exposed as the semi dictator he was, he committed our troops for what transpires as no reason whatsoever, and in reality is partly responsible for the shitstorm that is now the middle east, I hadn't heard or read any of the report but I wouldn't be suprised if it has come out that the British military was gearing up for this invasion a long time before, that was common knowledge in the military and intelligence world.
    MI6 was manipulated by downing St, and deerlove was one of Blairs stooges.
    Blair stands by his decision and will maintain he acted on intelligence at the time.....yes spurious intelligence manipulated by himself for his own ends. And like a smiling assassin he will leave mi6 and the military hung out to dry. He should be stripped of his assets garnered on the back of his premiership and they should be paid over to lost servicemens family and put into Iraqi charitable funds. X-(
    It's also worth noting that the British army, raf and rn swear an oath of allegiance to her majesty the Queen and her heirs, not to parliament, and it was widely known the Queen was not onboard with toady blair!!
    It would be laughable, if not for the hundreds of deaths. In his speech Blair talked about how
    Iraq is a better place and how the regime change help bring leace to the area ? That's great but
    that's not the reason given for starting the war. It may have been an outcome, but it was because
    Sadam had Weapons of Mass Destruction and the Mediterranean could be attacked in 45 minutes.
    Old Teflon Tony, is as always twisting the facts.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    What is laughable is anyone believing he could have had weapons of that sort. Absolutely no proper intelligence from the UK, US or anywhere indicated that. Hussain had no capability. Most of his army were non believers and conscripted. The other absolutely incredible fact is that this guy became peace envoy to the very are he lit the touch paper on!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2016
    I can tell you from personal experience that wide parts of he US people believed that Hussein had those weapons and that the war was "for freedom and democracy".

I had many discussions with friends and other Citizens in the US and it reminds me somehow of the disagreements regarding Brexit here. It was obvious what was bound to happen but people where just manipulated enough ( fear, hate - see the Populist pattern?) to believe what their dodgy "leaders" said.

I've been clearly right back then and the story will be repeated in some years :p

* on a side note I am reading that James Galbraith had secret order to draw plan x incase that Greece Where really folloing the referendum and leaving the Eurozone.
    Turns out that most consequences, which the experts expected where very real and not scaremongering - and Tsipras did not want put the nation in a total disaster.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    But even before the war, the public was against it. There was a huge march, which
    Blair ignored , many MP spoke out against it. So I must respectfully disagree with
    the idea that the British people were in favour of it.
    The smoke screen in the USA was always war was morally justified if not legal due to 9/11, even Obama said this at a speech at westpoint, the simple truth is that saddam hussain had no hand in the 9/11 atrocity, it was orchestrated by Al qaeda, authorised by Osama bin laden, who was based in Afghanistan. The weapons of mass destruction case was devised to legalise a war and get backing. All based on falsified mi6 and cia intelligence. The nato stance was one of mobilising a defensive force and policing Iraqs disarmament obligations. Of course hussain couldn't honour his disarmament obligations because he didn't have the weapons. Of course the true legacy of this war is the death of countless people, the de-stabalising of an entire region and the rise of isis in the world.
    But even before the war, the public was against it. There was a huge march, which
    Blair ignored , many MP spoke out against it. So I must respectfully disagree with
    You're right tp, there was no domestic or global support for it, Blair was renowned at the time for refusing to see his own cabinet members who wanted to discuss it.

There where also marches against Brexit :p last weekend

Chriscoop wrote:
    The smoke screen in the USA was always war was morally justified if not legal due to 9/11, even Obama said this at a speech at westpoint, the simple truth is that saddam hussain had no hand in the 9/11 atrocity, it was orchestrated by Al qaeda, authorised by Osama bin laden, who was based in Afghanistan. The weapons of mass destruction case was devised to legalise a war and get backing. All based on falsified mi6 and cia intelligence. The nato stance was one of mobilising a defensive force and policing Iraqs disarmament obligations. Of course hussain couldn't honour his disarmament obligations because he didn't have the weapons. Of course the true legacy of this war is the death of countless people, the de-stabalising of an entire region and the rise of isis in the world.

And the frenchies ( remember "Freedom Fries") and Germans where slammed for being cowards and illoyal :#

Higgins wrote:
    I can tell you from personal experience that wide parts of he US people believed that Hussein had this weapons and that the war was "for freedom and democracy".

I had many discussions with friends and other Citizens in the US and it reminds me somehow of the disagreements regarding Brexit here. It was obvious what was bound to happen but people where just manipulated enough ( fear, hate - see the Populist pattern?) to believe what their dodgy "leaders" said.

I've been clearly right back then and the story will be repeated in some years :p

* on a side note I am reading that James Galbraith had secret order to draw plan x incase that Greece Where really folloing the referendum and leaving the Eurozone.
    Turns out that most consequences, which the experts expected where very real and not scaremongering - and Tsipras did not want put the nation in a total disaster.
    Interesting side note, but clearly skewed, the Greeks stayed put to keep they're banking system from imminent collapse. In truth it had already collapsed and they needed the bailout. In essence the EU paid them to stay......how very democratic {[]
    edited July 2016
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

And the frenchies ( remember "Freedom Fries") and Germans where slammed for being cowards and illoyal :#
    By who? The people of the UK? I believe that term was coined in the US Congress, hardly relevant to the issue of Blair unlawfully taking an unwilling nation to war now is it Higgins, come on I'm crediting you with far more intelligence than that.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Interesting side note, but clearly skewed, the Greeks stayed put to keep they're banking system from imminent collapse. In truth it had already collapsed and they needed the bailout. In essence the EU paid them to stay......how very democratic {[]

That's absolutely not the case.

The Referndum was about if they continue with the EU/EZb/IWF plan or not - I'd personally love to vote out of my personal debts :v

The decision was to screw the creditors and Europe was ready for them to leave.

Tsipras U-turned and then agreed with the plan

Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

That's absolutely not the case.

The Referndum was about if they continue with the EU/EZb/IWF plan or not - I'd personally love to vote out of my personal debts :v

The decision was to screw the creditors and Europe was ready for them to leave.

Tsipras U-turned and then agreed with the plan
    Even your man Galbraith said they were backed into an impossible corner.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    By who? The people of the UK? I believe that term was coined in the US Congress, hardly relevant to the issue of Blair unlawfully taking an unwilling nation to war now is it Higgins, come on I'm crediting you with far more intelligence than that.

I did not say that!
    Of course the US slammed us- I was using that as an example how the public opinion can be manipulated by political to a point where everybody hates everybody and people act against their beliefs and common sense.

Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I did not say that!
    Of course the US slammed us- I was using that as an example how the public opinion can be manipulated by political to a point where everybody hates everybody and people act against their beliefs and common sense.
    A recent study in the US concluded that most Americans were not aware the war was illegal or completely unsupported by the UN security council.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Even your man Galbraith said they were backed into an impossible corner.
    Not sure if he said that - I'd say that they backed themselfs in that corner.

What could Europe do? Give them money without preconditions and let them continue wasting money at their corrupt system etc?

Noone hindered them to reform their government - they basically promised everything and did nothing to improve their situation over years!

Chriscoop wrote:
    A recent study in the US concluded that most Americans were not aware the war was illegal or completely unsupported by the UN security council.

GWB did everything to discredit the UN and ai remember well that people where mocking about he UN. At the end, GWB destroyed the UN

I completely agree with you, in fact the EU should never have allowed Greece to join, especially as they knew Greece cooked their books.
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

GWB did everything to discredit the UN and ai remember well that people where mocking about he UN. At the end, GWB destroyed the UN
    Bush and Blair did that, yes the point I'm making is that most Americans thought the war was legal, and therefore justified, their opinion of any nation not being part of the war is incorrect but led by misinformation. I condone the quotes you used whole heartedly, but we need an American member to join in to put the US argument accross I think
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Bush and Blair did that, yes the point I'm making is that most Americans thought the war was legal, and therefore justified, their opinion of any nation not being part of the war is incorrect but led by misinformation. I condone the quotes you used whole heartedly, but we need an American member to join in to put the US argument accross I think
    I knew it was all bullshit. It blew my mind back then that the American public was so easily manipulated.... I'm just a regular dope, and I saw through it all- most of my fellow countyrypeeps must be even WAAAAY dumber than I AM!!! X-(
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Well you are dumb enough wanting to drive a car wihout ABS :D

chrisisall wrote:
    I knew it was all bullshit. It blew my mind back then that the American public was so easily manipulated.... I'm just a regular dope, and I saw through it all- most of my fellow countyrypeeps must be even WAAAAY dumber than I AM!!! X-(

So, lesson for all US fellows: DON'T EDUCATE YOURSELF FROM FOX NEWS ;)

chrisisall wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Chris, do you think the American people were still so distraught about 9/11 they let themselves believe what they were told?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chris, do you think the American people were still so distraught about 9/11 they let themselves believe what they were told?
    Honestly no- I think the evil plan has worked, and the majority is just so poorly educated in the art of critical thinking that the are kind of like clay.... the internet seems to be changing that a little though...
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS