Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    The last I'd heard yesterday afternoon was that, based on exit polls, 'Remain' was leading 'Leave' by several points; a surprising turnaround, but not a surprising final result IMO.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    To be honest, the polls have been totally wrong in the past few elections, you
    wonder why, apart from habit. Why they kerp doing them. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The EU made it clear if we left, they would get Nasty !

And we all know that you've voted "Leave" for exactly that reason :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    True, discipline must be maintained. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    BASTARDS!! Sorry but there are no words.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,602Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

So true -{ :D

The GBP has already started to rally - ALL the financial markets are down, the European markets more than the FTSE :))
    Both the Netherlands and France have started to have rumblings of discontent about Europe and some parties in those countries want their own vote :)) THIS is why Juncker wants us to move quickly - he's scared of the EU falling apart !
    Many countries have already stated that the UK will continue to be major trading partners...and the financial sector is rallying round to make sure business continues as usual -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    - he's scared of the EU falling apart

And rightly so 8-)

Honestly, after holding the EU busy for months until the referendum - least that you could do for your former partners ( after damaging severely their Union) is to make sure that the damage is cornered and not increased by delaying the process which you've decided.

Unless the purpose it exactly that

Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    - he's scared of the EU falling apart

And rightly so 8-)

Honestly, after holding the EU busy for months until the referendum - least that you could do for your former partners ( after damaging severely their Union) is to make sure that the damage is cornered and not increased by delaying the process which you've decided.

Unless the purpose it exactly that

I think the result caught everyone on the hop :))

Cameron will only be in office until September/October and it will be the new PM that triggers the start of leaving...
    This IS the beginning of the end for the EU as it stands...it needs to reform.
    YNWA 97
    edited June 2016
    So the egoism continues....

At least the EU as it is appears to be attractive enough for Scotland {[]

On a lighter note this is how online shopping can go wrong:
    http://www.boredpanda.com/funny-online-shopping-fails/

No, it's all self-deprecating humour :D

Pretty soon we will be able to buy all the bent bananas and carrots we want :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

So true -{ :D

The GBP has already started to rally - ALL the financial markets are down, the European markets more than the FTSE :))
    Both the Netherlands and France have started to have rumblings of discontent about Europe and some parties in those countries want their own vote :)) THIS is why Juncker wants us to move quickly - he's scared of the EU falling apart !
    Many countries have already stated that the UK will continue to be major trading partners...and the financial sector is rallying round to make sure business continues as usual -{
    -{ welcome home miley.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    welcome home miley.

Cheers...I was beginning to get a bit worried once over :o

I thought Higgins had bribed SiCo was a pair of his green trainers to keep me away :))
    YNWA 97
    I'd had given him 2 X-(

Higgins wrote:
    I'd had given him 2 X-(

Yeah - one for each foot :p {[]
    YNWA 97
    Well it's all been very quiet here, nothing of any consequence, and absolutely no political posts in need of modding.......absolutely none at all :D
    I found it really funny this morning listening to a couple of guys from the various
    Polling companies, trying to defend themselves against the fact that they keep
    Getting their figures Wrong !
    I guess they have to defend their, silly, unscientific industry. :D
    I know, the polls are akin to asking a three year old which horse will win the 2.30 at Newmarket!
    Last Week Tonight

John Oliver's take on Brexit - very funny but please be aware it contains strong language !
    YNWA 97
    John Oliver runs the smartest and best political programme - hands down!

Then you have clearly never seen Mr. Snuffleupagus's
    guide to voting, politics and cakes ! That's my go to
    show. :)
    Higgins wrote:
    John Oliver runs the smartest and best political programme - hands down!

He does - it's a tremendous show...very funny but with a serious undercurrent -{
    YNWA 97
    To add to the farce of our politics. The Labour party has an open goal, to attack
    The conservatives, ........ but no. They've turned on each other, with a massive
    Internal war :))
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    I think Dalton could've worked as Quint the fisherman had there been a Jaws remake , I think he'd have the gravitas to pull it off.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Today was Mrs AS and my 31st wedding anniversary ,married 31 years ,it has passed so dam quickly . So today we did the Kent Goldfinger run , Zoomed off down the A2/M2 towards Thanet in the X3 . Passing places as Reculver ,Herne Bay Canterbury ,but my stomach got the better of me and we veered off ,and ended up in Whitstable . We opted for lunch at the world famous Whitstable oyster company , I started off with 6 of the best Whitstable oysters ,with shallot vinegar, lemon juice ,and chilli vinegar .followed by the best beer battered cod and chips mushy peas ,samphire and and a big wedge of lemon .Whitstable was home to the great Peter Cushing ,not a Bond man ,but Star Wars certainly .All in all a nice day .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Congratulations AS -{
    I have to admit, I've never tried an oyster. Just sort of know I wouldn't like it. :D
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,247MI6 Agent
    Many congrats AS, may there be many more anniversaries for you and Mrs AS {[]

And after you eating oysters Mrs AS will be in for a good evening :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Congrats, AS.

Is it correct that eating oysters puts a lot of ink on the fountain pen?

Higgins wrote:
    Congrats, AS.

Is it correct that eating oysters puts a lot of ink on the fountain pen?

Very true ! I had six yesterday - I just have no one to 'write' too :#
    YNWA 97
    I have no doubt that you spilled everything over your desk :D