Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I've been a couple of times, and enjoyed the experience, I think everyone should go at least once in their life.
    You must have got fed up with your weather over there number24, and decided to send it to us. In January it would be called the beast from the east, such diabolical acts will not help your Nobel prize hopes. :)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Brilliant news story response to the new intiative to get London Tube travellers to chat to each other:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/i-fixed-the-tube-chat-badge-londoners-sarcastic-alternatives-to-badges-encouraging-strangers-to-talk-a3357381.html
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Brilliant news story response to the new intiative to get London Tube travellers to chat to each other:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/i-fixed-the-tube-chat-badge-londoners-sarcastic-alternatives-to-badges-encouraging-strangers-to-talk-a3357381.html

A ridiculous initiative that shows whoever came up with the idea has no idea about living in London :))

I can't think of anything worse than someone talking to me on the Tube.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Making Londoners sociable? Some chance!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

A ridiculous initiative that shows whoever came up with the idea has no idea about living in London :))

I can't think of anything worse than someone talking to me on the Tube.

Yes, I barely look at peoples faces on the tube let alone contemplate talking to someone!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Although I always found Londoners, very friendly. I remember sitting in my duffle coat in Paddington
    Station. When The Brown family took me in, for a series of amusing adventures......... :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    That's commonly known as kidnap and pimping :D
    :)) :)) :)) {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,255MI6 Agent
    Although I always found Londoners, very friendly. :D

Of course we are, TP.

And the Irish are not far behind :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    :)) I've always said 95% of the world are ok, sadly it's the 5% of Asshol*s
    who f*ck it up for the rest of us.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,255MI6 Agent
    {[]
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Terrible news this morning, Will Young has left strictly come dancing !
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm devastated ! ;) This puts the
    Brexit negotiations, and war in Syria, In to perspective. 8-)
    edited October 2016
    It's a shocking story to wake up to, fortunately will Young contacted Chris Evans breakfast show this morning to reassure us all he is "dandy".... I think we knew that already.

I'm a bit bemused by the " scary clowns" outbreak being covered in the news at the moment, if a "scary clown" jumped out at me day or night he'd be spending some considerable time removing his red nose from his a+se either that or I'd hit him so hard he'd come back with snow on his red nose. Of course it's different if your a woman on your own, clown suit or not anyone purposely attempting to frighten lone women or the elderly should be dealt with.
    :)) Yes, My reaction was why aren't more people just punching these clowns. Even when I'm
    Attending the circus, I make a point of punching at least one clown !
    :)) :)) :)) Hmm? I think in those circumstances that might well be assault. Unless ofcourse you were invited to smell his flower and ended up with a wet face!
    :D It's only assault, if there's a body ! ;) I've fallen for that " smell this" ploy before.
    :)) I bet you have. Brings a whole new meaning to the saying "keep your nose out" :o
  • HinksHinks Peterborough, UKPosts: 40MI6 Agent
    We had our first reported "killer clown" incident here in peterborough yesterday, He was swiftly knocked out with one punch from the bloke he jumped out on, I don't think we'll see anymore round here :)
    :)) :)) :)) Swift justice.
    -{ swift and poetic :)
    On a similar vein, I've never really understood all these stories of tearaway children terrorising neighbourhoods, I hear them "13 year old terrorises neighbourhood" and I wonder, are there no grown ups in this area? When I was a lad getting up to mischief and a man came out of his house we ran away, and hoped our fathers didn't find out! Personally I would string the little sh+ts up to a lamppost and staple a letter to his parent to his forehead. .... Hmm maybe these kids parents can't read? I'd scrap asbo's and send the offenders to military cadets followed by 2 years national service, I've never met a military pti yet who can't instill discipline ;)
    Sadly these days, most teens would!d have you on an assault or sexual charge. I have a mate who works
    In retail security and says all guards regularly get threatened with " I'll tell the police you were touching me up"
    :#
    I wouldn't be put off by that, the police would be loath to charge anyone without sufficient evidence and even if they did cps would throw it out, anyway if I ever felt compelled into that sort of action it would be done in a clandestine way, my id would be top secret :D
    :)) Donald Trump is the master at that. ;)
    Sadly ( old git time ) I remember being frightened, that if I annoyed the neighbour. He give me a
    Clout on the head, then on getting home. My Dad would give me a clout, wouldn't matter if I was
    Right or wrong. The mere fact that I had cause a neighbour to have to speak to him about me
    Was enough. ........ But we were happy. :D
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Hey! Now Frankie Howerd is someone I can appreciate!

Did you read the Craig Brown piece in the Daily Mail last week, comparing him to Donald Trump? Brilliant stuff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3824435/CRAIG-BROWN-Titter-ye-not-Trump-s-new-Frankie-Howerd.html
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    edited October 2016
    :)) Donald Trump is the master at that. ;)
    Sadly ( old git time ) I remember being frightened, that if I annoyed the neighbour. He give me a
    Clout on the head, then on getting home. My Dad would give me a clout, wouldn't matter if I was
    Right or wrong. The mere fact that I had cause a neighbour to have to speak to him about me
    Was enough. ........ But we were happy. :D
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential ... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloé with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink; he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament ... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon ... luge lessons ... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets ... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking ... I suggest you try it.
    Seriously (or not really) my dad was not at home much but if i'd been bad I dreaded him finding out, he was brought up by his dad after his mother left with 2 brothers and a sister, grandad was an ex pti and two times forces boxing champion so my dad new about discipline and that kind of dictated his parenting style. I learnt very quickly how to avoid getting caught! :)
    :)) It's what keeps you an international man of mystery.
    :)) well someone has to do it!
    The new star wars rogue one trailer just popped up on my phone, nice to see "that slimy bugger" mads mikkleson continuing the bond star wars connection. Though I haven't been a huge star wars fan since I was 14
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    It's a shocking story to wake up to, fortunately will Young contacted Chris Evans breakfast show this morning to reassure us all he is "dandy".... I think we knew that already.

I'm a bit bemused by the " scary clowns" outbreak being covered in the news at the moment, if a "scary clown" jumped out at me day or night he'd be spending some considerable time removing his red nose from his a+se either that or I'd hit him so hard he'd come back with snow on his red nose. Of course it's different if your a woman on your own, clown suit or not anyone purposely attempting to frighten lone women or the elderly should be dealt with.

Joker : "You wouldn't hit a man with glasses , would you ?"

:)) :p
    Chriscoop wrote:

Joker : "You wouldn't hit a man with glasses , would you ?"

:)) :p
    :)) under the right circumstances definitely and Thunderpussy makes a habit of it ;)