Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    I don't find your scenario implausible, to the extent that such speculations make sense. However I'd say 1940 instead of '38. Before (and especially after) the outbreak of the war, the Nazis' popularity may actually have been decreasing (after the hype around the Olympics had faded, and because most people were afraid of another war). It was the victory over France that made Hitler "untouchable". The only "problem" being that he hadn't actually won the war (thank god!).
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Interesting Ornithologist -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    We probably shouldn't turn this into the inofficial history thread, but: To anyone interested I can not recommend highly enough the books by Sebastian Haffner. He was a German emigré to England who wrote for The Observer and tried to "explain" what was going on in Germany at the time (not at all in the apologetic sense, but highly critical). Most are translated to (or indeed written in) English and he has a very concise and accessible writing style.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,808MI6 Agent
    Here Rinnan gets arrested by a Norwegian Police Soldier (in effect light infantry) educated in Sweden during the war. Rinnan and several members of his gang were tried in a court of law and shot.

0700426.jpg

Vidkun Quisling who was the German occupier's puppet leader in Norway got so much assosiated with treason his name is now in the dictionary!

Simple Definition of quisling: a person who helps an enemy that has taken control of his or her country
    Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Fascism and nazism can perhaps be explained by looking at three factors:

- The economic depression in the 1930's.
    "Fascism is what happens when the bourgois loses all their savings."

- Fear of communism. There is nothing wrong with disliking communism, especially in the 1930's, but in many cases this fear led people into the arms of the nazi party.

- Rascism. Antisemitism was at the hart of nazi ideology
    On a more topical note, NATO General Secretary Jens Stoltenberg was on a Scandinavian talk show this friday. Among other issues he confirmed that NATO is ready to defend against any threath to the member states, and I quote: "...including zombies." :o

Now you can relax ...
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    On a more topical note, NATO General Secretary Jens Stoltenberg was on a Scandinavian talk show this friday. Among other issues he confirmed that NATO is ready to defend against any threath to the member states, and I quote: "...including zombies." :o

Now you can relax ...
    Phew thank God, so we are safe from Russians and zombies.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    If you wonder where you have seen Jens Stoltenberg before, it's most likely from the end of the movie "Troll Hunter". He's the prime minister who confirms the existance of trolls in Norway. :D
    The Americans also have plans in place to defeat a Zombie invasion !
    I for one sleep better knowing that. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    And we are back to trolls 8-)
    Bit harsh, I was only joining in . :#

And they should! From all I've seen on television, Aliens and Zombies seem to always attack America exclusively.
    :)) yes, now that you mention it ...... :D

And they should! From all I've seen on television, Aliens and Zombies seem to always attack America exclusively.
    So much so the poor Americans have to choose between a zombie or an alien for their next president!
    Bit harsh, I was only joining in . :#
    :)) its one of those time shift things tp, your post got in before mine after mine went up? Go figure
    It's very important, timing when things go up ! :D

Not entirely true. In "World War Z" every country on earth is flooded by zombies exept North Korea and Israel. The North Korean communist party ordered everyone to have their teeth pulled in 24 hours and the Israelies naturally buildt a wall. Did the zombies pay for it? I don't know, but Trump might know something we don't :))

There is also a zombie-like epidemic in Britain in "The girl with all the gifts". In spite of a low budget it's said to be an excelent movie, and I'm planning to see it this month.
    It's very important, timing when things go up ! :D
    I always timing was more important when things come out? Or timing your withdrawl?
    edited October 2016
    :))

As for the Zombie training, I'm guessing it's a bit of fun for the soldiers. To use their tactics
    Against a mythical foe. As in Vampires, Zombies or Weapons of Mass Destruction. ;)

Although it does seem that America has a long term plan for control of its people ?
    https://youtu.be/ayh6pgk6SSs
    Found it funny last night watching Soylent Green. An old film about how we screw up the planet to
    the extent there is not enough food for the people. When infact far from starving, the west now has
    an overeating problem.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Pierce Brosnan must have been offered a huge amount of money for this advert in India .... pretty dire and playing on the James Bond image.

Also the product is quite 'interesting' for it's 'pyschotropic effects' :s

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a810295/pierce-brosnan-reprises-james-bond-role-for-pan-bahar-breath-freshener-advert/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-37583421

Watch and cringe :o
    Nothing says "Class" like spitting some chewing tobacco into a spittoon ! :#
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

I can't believe he's done it ...
    It does seem very odd, to promote such an unhealthy and addictive product ...... I guess he needs the
    Money :#
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    edited October 2016
    Lady Rose wrote:

I can't believe he's done it ...

There's no tobacco in this product.

Edit: But I see that it has other dangerous plants.

Edit 2: Now after researching the product I'm not even sure if it has betel leaves and areca nut, which are the ordinary carcinogens in this type of product. Can anyone confirm? Perhaps it just is an innocent mouth freshener.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    "Former Bond star Pierce Brosnan has left Indians both shaken and stirred after his appearance in an advertisement endorsing a product that many associate with a highly addictive and dangerous form of chewing tobacco, writes the BBC's Ayeshea Perera"
    I can't believe the BBC would lie to me ! :)) Murdock just own it now. ;)
    Yesterday I was at the opera. A town of less than 3000 people has been producing and showing operas for 18 years, but only for two weeks each year. They even have their own opera house! (also seving as cinema and library) This year we saw "The Tales of Hoffmann" by Jacques Offenbach. Very nice! One of my friends was in the supporting cast and had many lines. :)
    Did he do the lines , before or after the performance ? We've all heard stories about these
    theatrical types. :D
    He's a Pentecostal, so he probably just did a quick line afterwards :))
    No, he's still an amateur so he is probably well behaved. It was fun seing him in full costume and theatre makeup, acting and singing with professional opera singers with exeperience from national and international opera houses. :007)
    I must try it some time , I've never been in a theatre in my life, to see a play etc. :#
    I recomend it. It feels more like an event than going to the cinema. It also feels more intimate and real than cinema. It's not quite like the difference between seing a consert on TV vs going to consert, but you should go some time.