Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited September 2016
    :)) You gotta respect the "Classics" :p
    Or was that a reference to the new sci-fi series "Westworld" starting on Sky ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The name is HIGGINS!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    When you forget, just ask sir Mi!es or one of the nurses ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Watched an episode of Crime Investigation Australia on Youtube. The episode that i watched was about the Bodies In The Barrels murders. The re-enactments are messed up, but it's really interesting to see how the murders are solved, with the technology that was available at the time.

Steve Liebmann is an excellent narrator. He has a quality to his voice, which i could describe as chilling. When he describes in graphic detail, how the murderers killed thier victims, the hairs on my neck stand on end.

Has anyone else seen this brilliant programme? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited September 2016
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Out and about today and stopped here for lunch

DSC_0177.jpg

I know Stamford Bridge (in Yorkshire) well but I've never seen this monument before.
    DSC_0178.jpg
    I also never knew king Harold was Norwegian despite knowing the history of 1066.

King Harold was an Anglosaxon king and the king of England at the time. King Harald Hardråde (hard rule) was the invading Norwegian king. Hardråde was a fascinating person, among other things he was the commander of the Varangian Guard in Constantinaple. The producers of the LoTR are planing to make movie trillogy based on his life. They are working to shoot parts of the movies in Norway and our authorities are no doubt working on hindering just that. :s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Hardrada

vote-for-the-right-king-harald-hardrada-1.png
    This week I decided to start doing some volunteer work in the community. Every Saturday there is something called "Borrow a local" at the library, and since everyone says I'm so easy to read I decided to make myself available. It turns out it's about volunteers, mostly retired female teachers, who show up to teach recent immigrants Norwegian language and culture. The immigrants are refugees from really bad tourist destinations like Syria. I have to say it was both interesting and amusing, as everyone quizzed each other about words and expressions, admired one refugee's mustache and tried to understand what the most recent imigrants were trying to say. One of the refugees was from Gaza, and I told him about the time I visited there and Yassir Arafat's sister attended a party in our honour. Best of all, we discovered they have smalahove in Syria too! :D
    Number24 wrote :
     "we discovered they have smalahove in Syria too!"

Just when we think those poor people couldn't suffer any more ! :D

Although the volunteering seems a fantastic idea. -{
    Syrians also have blood pudding stuffed in sheep's intestines too - what a wonderful country! :)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

DSC_0177.jpg

I know Stamford Bridge (in Yorkshire) well but I've never seen this monument before.
    DSC_0178.jpg
    I also never knew king Harold was Norwegian despite knowing the history of 1066.

King Harold was an Anglosaxon king and the king of England at the time. King Harald Hardråde (hard rule) was the invading Norwegian king. Hardråde was a fascinating person, among other things he was the commander of the Varangian Guard in Constantinaple. The producers of the LoTR are planing to make movie trillogy based on his life. They are working to shoot parts of the movies in Norway and our authorities are no doubt working on hindering just that. :s

Thanks for the clarification, I can't help thinking poor Harold was dealt a bad hand, if it hadn't been for the sibling rivalry with his brother and then that remarkable quick journey from Stamford Bridge to Hastings poor old Harold might defeated the Normans and not got the wrong end of the stick so to speak! But then again I might not exist as my family came to the UK with the Norman invasion. Sacre bleau!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    A guy in Norway has skipped the restaurant bill 100 times , 9-10 times lately......why is this fool not banned from restaurants :#
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    :)) Another criminal genius !

A man in China tried to commit bank robbery , it didn't go after plan :

-small axe which he used to smash down the teller window which took forever

-when he tried to escape his pants were snagged in the teller window and he got stuck until the cops arrived
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

Thanks for the clarification, I can't help thinking poor Harold was dealt a bad hand, if it hadn't been for the sibling rivalry with his brother and then that remarkable quick journey from Stamford Bridge to Hastings poor old Harold might defeated the Normans and not got the wrong end of the stick so to speak! But then again I might not exist as my family came to the UK with the Norman invasion. Sacre bleau!!

Well, Norway had two horses in that race. There was Harald Hardråde, of cource. But you might not know William the Conqueror was also Norwegian too! His grandfather Rollo or Rolf the Walker was from the island of Giske in Norway.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Some pics from last nights gala for the National Youth Theatres 60th Anniversary ...

Tim Dalton was there with Barbara Broccoli .....

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/timothy-dalton?family=editorial&phrase=Timothy%20Dalton&sort=best&excludenudity=true#license
    Today is the UN International day of peace .
    http://www.un.org/en/events/peaceday/
    And I think Number24 has to be congratulated, for his work in trying to
    Stop the animosity between New Zealand and Australia . ;)
    Today is the UN International day of peace .
    http://www.un.org/en/events/peaceday/
    And I think Number24 has to be congratulated, for his work in trying to
    Stop the animosity between New Zealand and Australia . ;)
    :)) :)) poor Number24 he'll need a helmet if our antipodean cousins catch his faux pa's {:)
    " the methods of the great pioneers, often puzzle conventional minds "
    I think one day Number24 will be up there with Ghandi or Martin Luther King
    As one of the great Peacemakers, we may not understand his ways .... HE may
    Not understand his ways, but the most Important thing is they're his ways and
    He's trying ! :D
    Quite right tp. Every forum needs a liberal minded Norwegian such as 24 to right the wrongs.
    Norwegian ? ..... I thought he was Swedish ! {:) :p :D
    :o :)) :))
    I think he may be a Swedish sympathiser.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    IMG_2330.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    IMG_2330.jpg
    :)) :)) :))
    To take a little of the heat off N24,

I'm saddened to learn that the only member of the original team from Great British
    Bake Off, to move over to Channel 4 and their version will be the "traitor " Paul Hollywood. :#
    That's how it looks like from my work desk today -{

image.jpg?dl=1&_ga=1.213512724.1455548664.1468347645

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    :) Enjoy!
    {[] {[]

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Very Nice -{

I bet it's a bit breezy with just trainers and a grass skirt on :p
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Very nice. -{
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    IMG_2330.jpg
    :)) :)) :))

Oh god..the second I saw this pic I laughed out loud! Thank you!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    welshguy34 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Very nice. -{

Has Germany flooded?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited September 2016
    Very Nice -{

I bet it's a bit breezy with just trainers and a grass skirt on :p

Not really, I am also wearing a coconut bikini top that keeps me warm and cozy :D