Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited September 2016
    :)) Still waiting for that bloody CBE ! ,. Every year they forget. :D

On the subject of radio comedy. I don't often sing the praises of some programmes but I've
    Been really impressed with a new BBC radio comedy " Ian D Montfort: is unbelievable" :))
    He's a comedy psychic ( which has been done before ) but he does use magic techniques to
    Give real answers, while being very funny. Both shows are on BBC radio player, and I'd highly
    Recommend that any comedy fans give it a listen. His routine on matching up the owners of
    Selected mobile phones is hilarious, and on being asked is his skill a gift, he openly explains
    "Cold reading" adding , I get paid £100 a go to tell people the same thing ....... So yes it is a gift ! :D
    After only one pilot episode I'm a fan. Tom Binns a really talented guy mixing magic and humour.
    I hope he has great success with it. As it's not often I listen to the same show on repeat, but I did
    With this.
    https://youtu.be/dxVLJbgBIoU
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Norway is building a fence on the border to Russia - and Russia is gonna pay for it! X-( (not really ...)

LQVNxfpTiX3vFX2fQFYCTwO7nUzDhezqrrmZ2CqlOI1g
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Will it be t-14 armata proof? Or just to stop downtrodden Russians leaving Putins paradise?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I say with no pride that the fence is simply there to stop refugees from entering the country. The government seems to have given up any ambition to offer an invading military any resistance. A fairly ambitious plan to rebuild the navy and air force in the coming 20 year periodhas been agreed upon in the parliament, but the government doesn't seen the need to start until after the next election :))
    I think conventional forces are the way to go. I'm not a fan of Trident ( the new nuclear defence
    System for the UK) as I think it's an old answer to a 60s problem. Where today we have a very
    Different sort of enemy and I think the money would be better spent on the Army, Police and
    Intelligence services, special forces. Giving them the equipment and man power they need....
    ...... and some prettier uniforms ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I say with no pride that the fence is simply there to stop refugees from entering the country. The government seems to have given up any ambition to offer an invading military any resistance. A fairly ambitious plan to rebuild the navy and air force in the coming 20 year periodhas been agreed upon in the parliament, but the government doesn't seen the need to start until after the next election :))

A US military expert rightly said, that any 30 feet fence or wall will just raise the demand for 31 feet ladders......
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I think conventional forces are the way to go. I'm not a fan of Trident ( the new nuclear defence
    System for the UK) as I think it's an old answer to a 60s problem. Where today we have a very
    Different sort of enemy and I think the money would be better spent on the Army, Police and
    Intelligence services, special forces. Giving them the equipment and man power they need....
    There's something in that tp, but until everyone else ditches their nuclear weapons we do need a detergent. Making sure the men at the business end have proper equipment is imperative, but I do think the British military has some very attractive uniforms, particularly the dress uniforms. The police are a different matter, they are bogged down with petty crime and have at the moment terrible battle plans, pursuing drivers going a few miles an hour over the speed limit instead of taking career criminals off the streets. Have you watched police interceptors recently? I saw an episode where 6 coppers were involved in apprehending a dangerous man his crime?..... Stealing two steaks from tescos!

The relation between conventional and ABC-weapon is the oposite of what it was in the cold war. Back then the Warsaw pact had the most powerfull conventional forces in Aurasia, so in the event of war NATO would probably be forced to use nukes first.
    Now Russia has an economy the size of Spain and they can't afford loads of armoured divisions. Now they wage hybrid war, but in case of a large and open war they maintain a large nuclear capability. In a full showdown with NATO they will probably use atomic bombs first.
    Just decided to treat myself wih a new Set of footwear

Evidently Green Trainers never get out of fashion! :D

image.jpg

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Just decided to treat myself wih a new Set of footwear

Evidently Green Trainers never get out of fashion! :D

I see you still need help with your English....it's - "never IN fashion" :p
    YNWA 97
    Relieved to hear that the French have intercepted and stopped another terrible atrocity. Many lives saved and some extremists taken out of the equation. With women being the apparent main operatives this time I'm hoping that means the security is working and the terrorists are running out of options.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    There is going to be a star studded gala on the 18th September to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the National Youth Theatre.

Tim Dalton is scheduled to appear and there is a bit of history between NYT and Bond ... after all, it has produced 2 of the 6 :)

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/news/latest-news/article/item373060/national-youth-theatre-unveils-starry-gala-line-up/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-3770751/The-way-007-Gone-Girl-Queen-got-common-cut-teeth-National-Youth-Theatre.html
    I have a little mystery for you :)
    A Swede applied for a spesific registration number for his car, but his request was denied on the grounds that it was "offencive".
    Can you find out why? The reason has nothing to do with Swedish language or culture.

?imageId=62623028&x=12.028725314183&y=9.2449922958398&cropw=87.971274685817&croph=90.75500770416&width=980&height=590
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    It spells ASSHOLE backwards?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited September 2016
    Correct!
    And in such short time - you must be one of those "smart people" I keep hearing about -{
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Correct!
    And in such short time - you must be one of those "smart people" I keep hearing about -{

I'm not normally good with things like that to be honest, but as I could see nothing objectionable when reading it forwards I tried reading it backwards and hey presto! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    More Scandinavian traffic news!
    Norwegian law tend to be soft on crime, but many tourist are surprised to learn of our tough stance on speeding :o :

roadpatrol.jpg
    On the phone the other day ( business call) I was told I had a lovely English accent !
    ( A bit odd as, I'm from N.Ireland, so sound more like Liam Neeson, ) ;)
    Although some English people say English, when they mean British, still it gave Mrs TP
    A laugh when I told her, as she blames all those Bond films I watch, .... Saying I must sound
    Like Roger Moore over the phone. :))
    LMAO.

Yesterday's football match Warzaw vs Dortmund, the well known fans have been accused to insult Dortmund fans by singing "Jude Jude BVB" ( Jew Jew BVB (= Borussia Dortmund)).

Now Warzaw Club Officials spread a denkal that the fans have been misunderstood as they where "only" singing "Nutte Nutte BVB" which would mean Whore, Whore.

http://legia.com/en/news/legia-warsaw-s-statement-regarding-incidents-during-the-game-against-borussia-dortmund-53234

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    LMAO.

Yesterday's football match Warzaw vs Dortmund, the well known fans have been accused to insult Dortmund fans by singing "Jude Jude BVB" ( Jew Jew BVB (= Borussia Dortmund)).

Now Warzaw Club Officials spread a denkal that the fans have been misunderstood as they where "only" singing "Nutte Nutte BVB" which would mean Whore, Whore.

http://legia.com/en/news/legia-warsaw-s-statement-regarding-incidents-during-the-game-against-borussia-dortmund-53234

Ah...that's ok then 8-) :))

Just tell BVB to keep Pulisic warm for us :D
    YNWA 97
    The NSA has gotten a lot of bad press, but I find it unfair. After all it's the only government organisation that really listens to us. :)
    Out and about today and stopped here for lunch

DSC_0177.jpg

I know Stamford Bridge (in Yorkshire) well but I've never seen this monument before.
    DSC_0178.jpg
    I also never knew king Harold was Norwegian despite knowing the history of 1066.
    :)) :)) :))

What a douchebag

image.jpg

"He was quizzed by police about his role in the drugs gang and claimed to have no income – instead living a quiet life in Wolverhampton, West Midlands.
    But officers uncovered his web of lies after discovering his Instagram page, which has more than 4,500 followers, and the host of pictures which showed off his lavish life."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3791230/Brazen-drug-dealer-caught-bragging-Instagram-champagne-lifestyle-pictures-Lamborghinis-Rolexes-bathfuls-cash-Premier-League-footballer.html

:)) Another criminal genius !
    And quite a pleasant thought is that thanks to the proceeds of crime act all his bling will be sold off to help fund the police. -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Not a very cool bath tub for a man of his means lol

Quite a lot of these numptys getting caught nowadays on social media!! I remember the looters during the London riots getting nicked for bragging about their free TVs on Twitter! :o
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I'm off-line for a couple of weeks and come back only to find out that the most important things I've missed are:

- DC may or may not be coming back for two more Bond films
    - Higgy-poo's got a new pair of green trainers.

I'm off to the SABS now in the hope that something's happened beyond a bomb threat, a visit by the health inspectors or someone having fallen off their stool. I'm guessing my expectations may be too high.
    Yes I remember that too, quite recently here in Yorkshire a bloke filmed himself doing 150mph on the motorway in his audi then posted it on social media, to be promptly arrested and his own footage used against him! Sheer brilliance!
    I'm sure many on twitterbook have suggested he was laundering the money ?
    Was that a church bell ringing and tumbleweed blowing past?