Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,810MI6 Agent
    American movies are about ordinary people doing extraordinary tings. European movies are about extraordinary people doing ordinary things. :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Took the dog up the woods this morning ,summer has definatley gone .The first claws of winter have started to sink in . The smell of decaying leaves now fills the air . The bright green parakeets that live in huge numbers in our woods ,have packed their bags and flown off. The swathes of stinging nettles , that enemy of every school boy have died down ,leaving huge patches of bare undergrowth . The only sign of life are the holly and hawthorne trees ,that like Christmas trees ,bright red berries adorn . The last of the grey squirrels is stocking his larder for the long stretch . Oh why cant it be summer all year long .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    That's a very poetic and philosophical post AS :o -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Why can't it be summer all year long? Because I don't wanting it to rain all year!
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Anyone else watching the World Series tonight?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Not me. For the last weekend I have continued my honorarer question to nerd-nes.
    In this time I have watched the Star Trek movies 1-6. So far Wrath of Khan is the best.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    And IMHO by the time you watch the others, it still will be!
    Wrath of Khan seems to be their FRWL in many ways.
    Indeed, 100% agreed. It's a good film, not just a good Star Trek film.
    That's not what I ment. It has a strong plot, has little humour and it's lean and mean.
    {[] Also agreed!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    Peppermill wrote:
    Anyone else watching the World Series tonight?

Ok...go on...I'll bite...World Series of what ? ?:)
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Had a bit of a bondathon today, having been laid up in bed unwell courtesy of Jamies Italian. I started with lald and thoroughly enjoyed the repartee between m and bond at the flat more than I've ever done before. Finished reading Dr no still really enjoy this book. Tmwtgg and cr concluded my bond viewing, then Mrs coop returned with the bread snappers so my recuperative Solace was destroyed.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Well another political thread bites the dust. Barbel has unsheathed his claymore once again. I don't think personal insults have any place on this forum, it's fine to disagree and healthy to debate but Higgins choice of running shoe colour no matter how contencious should not be used in political debate. :007)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    You can insult my trainers all day long, but the "piss pour" is a bit much :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Ok, that's enough- the other thread wasn't closed just so arguments could continue in this one.
    Very much so, often a sign of losing an argument I find...... Name calling that is not green trainers.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

How about we all agree your trainers are piss poor ? Does that work better for you ? :D ;%
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

How about we all agree your trainers are piss poor ? Does that work better for you ? :D ;%

:# and where is help when I need it most :)) :)) :))

edited October 2016
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Very much so, often a sign of losing an argument I find...... Name calling that is not green trainers.

Not sure if Danjaq_off deeply regrets having started all this or if he's overly proud for having created that monster to keep me modest :)) :)) :))

Barbel wrote:
    Ok, that's enough- the other thread wasn't closed just so arguments could continue in this one.
    B-) whos arguing now ?:) :)
    Barbel wrote:

Found chriscoops comment pretty funny to be honest. {[]
    It does not happen often, but here he did :D

Pre-emptive strike.
    Higgins wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

Found chriscoops comment pretty funny to be honest. {[]
    It does not happen often, but here he did :D
    {[] it happens occasionally, must be a full moon :007)
    And the leap year :)) :)) :))

:)) :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Some old arguments always cause passions to be raised, Politics, religion, the off
    Side rule or the correct foot positioning for a demi-plié !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Number 24 will be happy the political thread is reopening tomorrow, it's all that's been keeping him going since the Nobel prize was wrapped up.....that and hot chocolate.......and antlers........oh and frozen :#
    Some old arguments always cause passions to be raised, Politics, religion, the off
    You been at that strictly again tp? You've been told about that before!!

How about the Wembley-goal?? :v