Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :)) but Barbel will fill your sporran weekly with goodies such as shortbread, larn, white puddings and...... Deep fried Mars bars

What's "larn", CC? ?:)
    :)) auto correct is what larn is I don't know what it is either I meant lorne as in sausage.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,480Chief of Staff
    :)) Ah, my country's one undisputed contribution to Western civilisation!
    edited November 2016
    Yes square sausage, brilliant!! :D
    I've been watching Grand tours of Scotland tonight, they were around Pitlochry, stunning area, me and Mrs coop are heading to Edinburgh in early January for a mini break, any recommendations at all?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Perfect for a sausage sandwich -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    ^ agreed 100% -{
    I'm on the other side of the country from Edinburgh, so I'd only suggest the usual tourist stuff.
    However if you end up in Largs (west coast) on Jan 2 I could suggest a gig you might enjoy....
    Largs?? Is that just up the coast from Ayr? , my first wife used to sing at butlins in Ayr, I'm sure I once dropped her off there ( butlins is not my scene really.... Neither was the ex wife in a ABBA tribute) and drove up to Largs for a wander and Dinner.
    Yes, that's right! We've played there often. (Not dressed as ABBA though)
    Barbel wrote:
    Yes, that's right! We've played there often. (Not dressed as ABBA though)
    Another lovely part of the world, flying in to Prestwick airport is along with Leeds Bradford very picturesque, if memory serves Largs was a nice little coast town, I had dinner near the ferry port. Unfortunately we won't be there on the 2nd of Jan :#
    Oh well, have fun in Edinburgh anyway!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,332MI6 Agent
    Volcano.jpg

When I was in Orlando, Florida I saw that Universal are building a new water park called Volcano Bay - it's half built but looks a lot like the volcano in YOLT. I have posted a pic taken from the website.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,700MI6 Agent
    Volcano.jpg

When I was in Orlando, Florida I saw that Universal are building a new water park called Volcano Bay - it's half built but looks a lot like the volcano in YOLT. I have posted a pic taken from the website.

Interesting. Could that be Blofeld's new home?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Watching a few videos about " AutoTune" in the music business. Some singer's natural
    Voices are really bad. Sir Elton John ( who doesn't use it ) at an awards event, actually
    Laughed out loud when Madonna won " Best live performance"as he joked, so you get
    Awards for mining now !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    On a slightly lighter note: Norwegian TV is showing a three-hour broadcast of the northern lights on saturday night. But I guess that sort of thing happens where you live too :)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    On a slightly lighter note: Norwegian TV is showing a three-hour broadcast of the northern lights on saturday night. But I guess that sort of thing happens where you live too :)

We have to be satisfied with the glow of burning computer servers B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm fortunate enough to live in an area not completely ruined by light pollution, it's odd to think some people have never seen a star in the sky, much less something as spectacular as aurora borealis.
    I have a 6" refractor (cue for TP :D ) telescope and the glory of the night sky makes one feel very humble.
    I merely bask in the glory of my six inch .......... ? :D

I love the app for looking at the sky and it names the planted, constellations etc. -{
    I'm sorry to read that Marks and Spencer are in trouble. Fortunately my local branch in Cebu is not affected, in fact it recently relocated into a larger unit in the Mall so my English Christmas Day Dinner will still be on the table :))
    Just heard some fantastic music on the radio courtesy of buge wesseltoft, a Norwegian jazz fusion artist.... Needs further investigation I think.
    It is a shame about marks and Spencer, it's an institution, unfortunately I just don't think they are prominent in with the modern demographic anymore a bit like pubs, woolworths and bhs :#
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Let me introduce you the new guest in the House of Higgins - Max

We had frosty nights with snow for 1 week and he probably wandered around searching for food all that time.
    He has been found 2 days ago and will spend winter with us.

Pic is crappy but I don't want to use a flash for obvious reasons

fullsizerenderxp9dtarhfs.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Well done Higgins, nature needs a helping hand and compassion sometimes -{
    Awwwwww....... ;%
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I guess that you bbq and eat them there in Norway? :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Surprisingly, no.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Some Gypsies eat them over here X-(
    Great photo, I haven't seen that many pricks since .... ( Please insert own joke ) :))