Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,819MI6 Agent
    It's now 25 years since the fall of the Soviet Union :D

bond_14.jpg?itok=Sm9YFan2
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Great to see Putin, rebuilding it.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :#
    "He sees himself as the next Iron Man of Russia." .....
    .... "He speaks for himself and others who cling to timid, outdated
    and unrealistic policies! Must I remind you, the committee,
    of our overwhelming superiority over NATO forces before we give it
    away?" ....... Bond predicts the future ? :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    met up with the guys yesterday (we must be getting old) we talked about slippers 8-) not the cheap M&S ones for a fiver but posh ones from Edward Green or Crocketts ,nice one with paper thin leather soles ,perhaps in plush velvet with a gold thread monogram on the toe ,now there was a time when we spoke of Crane cam shafts ,and Webber DCO 40 carburators , ho hum :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Congratulations to Andy Murray on winning the sports personality of the year -{
    But pity the BBC didn't think any of the great sports stars from N.Ireland worthy
    Of making the final list.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Possible terror attack at a Berlin Christmas Market with a truck.

9 dead :(

Last week a 12 year old left a backpack with explosives at another Market in Ludwigshafen in an attempt to commit an ISIS attack.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    They've been aware of this specific threat for a while now, my work colleague went to stuttgart Christmas market a couple of weeks ago and we discussed this then, very sad events Higgins for your country.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Thanks, Chris.

We have been discussing this and came to he conclusion that the potential threat will not keep us away from living our lifes which includes a Glühwein on a cold evening at a Christmas market.

We've done it twice this year and will do it again in the next days.

edited December 2016
    Just heard 12 confirmed dead :# absolute horror!
    That's the only way to live Higgins, life must continue on as normal, enjoy your Christmas market and have a gluhwein for me, I'm quite partial to that particular drink {[] hopefully a peaceful Christmas for Germany now, you've had an awful year along with France with the terror attack.
    Thanks, Chris!

All those horrible deeds should not lead to us losing our humanity {[]

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,637Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Thanks, Chris!

Which is the only way to carry on - my thoughts are with you -{
    YNWA 97
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I echo that, and also hoping for a peaceful Christmas for all -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,418Chief of Staff
    I was at that market with the family a few weeks ago (daughter, granddaughters, and others all live in Berlin). Have had word that all are ok and weren't anywhere near. The city is in a state of shock.
    Some worrying hours for you Barbel, the German Christmas markets are very popular with people from many countries, I see this atrocity as an attack on our way of life not an attack of the German people.
    Yep, that is.

I am not sure if shopping on Oxford Street on a december evening is less risky than visiting one of the 3500 german Christmas Markets.

Too right I was worried, but the way I found out could have been worse. I came out from a gig last night and switched my phone back on to find a message from the Bride saying "Family all ok". Ok, I thought, she's obviously been chatting on the phone with them, no problems. Got into the car and drove off, turning on the radio. Half an hour later the news came on, and I realised why she had sent the message. (No TV or radio while I'd been working)
    I got a big enough shock on hearing the headlines, and if I hadn't been told all were ok then my blood pressure would have hit the roof- sudden unpleasant surprises aren't good for us old guys- and broken several traffic laws on the rest of the way home.
    Another horrific attack.
    Higgins wrote:
    Yep, that is.

I am not sure if shopping on Oxford Street on a december evening is less risky than visiting one of the 3500 german Christmas Markets.
    Well one thing for sure is that these attacks are indiscriminate, it could happen anywhere at any time, people should not keep away from anything they want to do, if that happens the terrorists are winning! Any place or event that attracts numbers of people are fair game for these cowardly scum.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Thanks, Chris!

Tragic news from Berlin. My thoughts are with the Germans and the victims and their families.
    The terrorist as an asylum seeker from Afghanistan or Pakistan, so he gave Alternative für Deutschland a Chrismas gift :#
    I commend Higgin's attitude and hope many feel like him.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Thanks, Chris!

Tragic news from Berlin. My thoughts are with the Germans and the victims and their families.
    The terrorist as an asylum seeker from Afghanistan or Pakistan, so he gave Alternative für Deutschland a Chrismas gift :#

Latest news here say, that the authorities are not sure that they have the guy.

Yesterday a whitness followed someone who was running away from the truck assuming that this was the terrorist and led the police to him 2 km later.

The polish driver of the truck has been shot, but there are no powder traces on the person they caught.
    I am pretty sure that there are other indicators - Berlin Police communicated a warning that the true offender may be still free - at least that is the case with the person who's shot the truck driver.

• Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Thanks, Chris!

A tragic gift, but nonetheless a gift. Maybe the German people will wake up to the fact their country is being overrun and invaded and violated by these people. Ask any woman in Hamburg or Köln.
    I hope the true identity of the terrorist is made clear soon and he is brought to justice. Being certain of this from very early is very important.
    edited December 2016
    Maybe the German people will wake up to the fact their country is being overrun and invaded and violated by these people. Ask any woman in Hamburg or Köln.

Though you carry "Herr" in your username, you obviously have no idea about how it is really in Germany (I am sure that you are reading a lot of populist crap that comes from here).

And I still remember your collection of Nazi-Literature and swastika-decorated bookcovers in your bookshelf on a picture that you posted earlier! So I have an idea about from where you are coming from!

I live in Hamburg, am speaking with lot of women from here and it's not like the populist squallers try to imply in their internet-opinion-sewer.

We have a war in Syria, people are dying there since years, they are threatened by Al Kaida and ISIS and the seek refugee.
    What Germany has done in 2015 was a humanitarian act. Those where many refugees - admittedly not carefully checked thoroughly - but the alternative is letting them die in front of our borders.

99,9% of them are victims - good people who seek refugee peace and a place to stay (sounds a bit like the stories that we are telling over the Christmas days). Germany took them, many people have been working their arses off voluntarily and what you say is a slap in the face of them.

25%-30% of the population here has fears and worries, the majority throughout the parties (except the populists) support that politics in general!

I hope that you always live safe and don't need to escape from a war.

Until now, we are not 100% sure if that has been done by a refugee.
    And even if, it would be a horrible act from someone who asked for our hospitality.

But that does not say anything about the rest of the people who came here because they needed our help!

Rant over!

I may be getting herr Michael confused with another member but I thought he works for German border control? Anyway, it would not be possible to check every refugee as a potential terrorist, for sure some will gain entry into any country under a refugee or asylum seeking guise, many have to be taken at their word as the Syrian infrastructure is destroyed so checks are hard, it also takes a frighteningly short time for someone to be turned into an extremist, a man may enter a country as a desperate refugee, his family killed his home destroyed and in such a vulnerable and desperate state is easy pickings for ISIS recruitment. With regards the sex attacks that are perpetrated by Muslim men, well that is a cultural problem not specific to only Muslims, most will see nothing wrong with what they do as women are regarded second rate to men and subservient to mens demands...... Unfortunately.
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Maybe the German people will wake up to the fact their country is being overrun and invaded and violated by these people. Ask any woman in Hamburg or Köln.

Though you carry "Herr" in your username, you obviously have no idea about how it is really in Germany (I am sure that you are reading a lot of populist crap that comes from here).

And I still remember your collection of Nazi-Literature and swastika-decorated bookcovers in your bookshelf on a picture that you posted earlier! So I have an idea about from where you are coming from!

I live in Hamburg, am speaking with lot of women from here and it's not like the populist squallers try to imply in their internet-opinion-sewer.

We have a war in Syria, people are dying there since years, they are threatened by Al Kaida and ISIS and the seek refugee.
    What Germany has done in 2015 was a humanitarian act. Those where many refugees - admittedly not carefully checked thoroughly - but the alternative is letting them die in front of our borders.

99,9% of them are victims - good people who seek refugee peace and a place to stay (sounds a bit like the stories that we are telling over the Christmas days). Germany took them, many people have been working their arses off voluntarily and what you say is a slap in the face of them.

25%-30% of the population here has fears and worries, the majority throughout the parties (except the populists) support that politics in general!

I hope that you always live safe and don't need to escape from a war.

Until now, we are not 100% sure if that has been done by a refugee.
    And even if, it would be a horrible act from someone who asked for our hospitality.

But that does not say anything about the rest of the people who came here because they needed our help!

Rant over!

You can call it whatever you like. You are still losing your country to immigration.

Goid luck with that.
    I'd rather "lose" my country to immigration ( did that ever really happen in the last 100 years??) than losing my empathy for those who need my help :D

We must wake up for hatemonger that give us easy, populist and xenophobic talks rather than being alert about getting"overrun" and "invaded".

And just for your infos: I went to the Hamburg Christmas market tonight and had a Glühwein with my wife and a jewish friend of mine {[] He also had a good laugh when I've showed him your post.

80 years ago, it where jews - today muslims. Nothing has changed X-(

I find this insightful.
    Just a short update.

The Afghanistan refugee that has been arrested on Monday has been released.
    Everything leads to that he's innocent.

As things are, the truck driver was fighting with whoever really drove the truck and was stabbed. After the truck came to a halt, the truckdriver was shot by the offender who fled.

In the truck cabin, there was no trace that the arrested Afghanistan refugee was in the cabin, he had no powder traces, no blood stains and his mobile phone did not show any suspicious communication.

German authorities and most of the classic media were very careful right from the start how to address this and if the suspect was the right guy - not so much the usual populists that "knew it all" right from the beginning.

Internet Opinion Sewer I call it!

As an example, this has been posted by Marcus Pretzell one of the big dogs of the German populists AFD and loverboy to their leader, Frauke Petry.

He posted this 1 hour (!!) after the attack:

bildschirmfoto2h9t1mgdlc.png

"When does the German State strike back?
    When does this damned hypocracy stop?
    Those are Merkel's victims".