Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Clapton is a long time hero of mine saw him 6 times live 3 at Albert Hall, the John Barry is thanks to you, always loved his bond stuff but outside of that my listening was limited..... But no longer {[]
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,326Chief of Staff
    Hey, I'm chuffed! :)

Now, to convince a certain party of the merits of Dalton as Bond.... that's taking longer than expected!
    You may as well try knock down a wall by bouncing a tennis ball off it!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Hey, I'm chuffed! :)

Now, to convince a certain party of the merits of Dalton as Bond.... that's taking longer than expected!

You should not expect too much just because it's the time of the year :D :D :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    True. Higgins is allmost reasonanble around Easter ;)
    Higgins is never reasonable unless you agree with him! :D
    Very chilled now, chores done, just opened the Macallan 12 year old having a cigar ( with the French windows open) and listening to this
    Screenshot_20161223_162101.png
    As well storm Barbara destroying the neighbourhood.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Clapton is a long time hero of mine saw him 6 times live 3 at Albert Hall, the John Barry is thanks to you, always loved his bond stuff but outside of that my listening was limited..... But no longer {[]

I love Clapton too...and also seen him 3 times at the Royal Albert Hall -{
    YNWA 97
    My band does "Before You Accuse Me" and "Wonderful Tonight" both with me on bass, and in my solo act I do "Layla" (the acoustic version) where I play guitar. I'm not in his league (of course; who is?) but it's a pleasure to play that song.
    I've been in guitar shops where there are signs hanging advising prospective buyers not to play certain songs whilst trying out guitars-

AA_OLD_MAN.jpg

AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg

Obviously "Stairway" is the most common offender, but "Layla" is often on that list! :D

(We don't do "Stairway", but have been known to throw in "Boogie With Stu")
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    House of the rising sun, is my specialty ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    In Am, TP? I can't reach the high notes in that key, so I have to do it in Dm.
    Sir M you are a man of impeccable taste -{ I lucky enough to see him there when he did the shows that were half blues and half his own with a bit of him doing hendrix. Also saw him at Sheffield arena and much to my surprise zz top supported and Joe cooker performed with him.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Joe cooker performed with him.

He gets fry with a little help from his friends... ;%

...sorry...
    Barbel, Iike a drunk on the way home, ... I never find the key and always come in
    At the wrong moment ;) ( ... From sorry I haven't a clue ) . You are as usual correct
    It's in Am, but I sing it in various keys, some only dogs can hear ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Barbel wrote:
    My band does "Before You Accuse Me" and "Wonderful Tonight" both with me on bass, and in my solo act I do "Layla" (the acoustic version) where I play guitar. I'm not in his league (of course; who is?) but it's a pleasure to play that song.
    I've been in guitar shops where there are signs hanging advising prospective buyers not to play certain songs whilst trying out guitars-

AA_OLD_MAN.jpg

AA_OLD_MAN_2.jpg

Obviously "Stairway" is the most common offender, but "Layla" is often on that list! :D

(We don't do "Stairway", but have been known to throw in "Boogie With Stu")
    I used to play his whole repertoire, and he got me into the blues heavily, before you accuse me is a cracking tune, I've been enjoying tell the truth, and motherless children today, there is something magical about layla live, but white room live from the 24 nights album is outstanding.
    Barbel, Iike a drunk on the way home, ... I never find the key and always come in
    At the wrong moment ;) ( ... From sorry I haven't a clue ) . You are as usual correct
    It's in Am, but I sing it in various keys, some only dogs can hear ! :D
    :)) :))
    At the wrong moment ;)

How do you know there's a guitarist at your door? He can't find the right key
    How do you know there's a drummer at your door? The knocking keeps speeding up
    How do you know there's a singer at your door? He doesn't know when to come in
    Barbel wrote:
    At the wrong moment ;)

How do you know there's a guitarist at your door? He can't find the right key
    How do you know there's a drummer at your door? The knocking keeps speeding up
    How do you know there's a singer at your door? He doesn't know when to come in
    :)) :)) :))
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I used to play his whole repertoire, and he got me into the blues heavily, before you accuse me is a cracking tune, I've been enjoying tell the truth, and motherless children today, there is something magical about layla live, but white room live from the 24 nights album is outstanding.

"White Room" is cracking!
    I was damn glad he came out with the acoustic "Layla", since I could never manage to play the electric version. I can play the bass part but not the lead (and of course, sing it at the same time).
    I spent years learning it, then realised it was very similar in structure to " born under a bad sign" of course I replicated Claptons later live versions of layla as on the original that Allman slide takes centre stage in the solo. I always also enjoyed playing badge.
    Never tried Badge, not one of my favourites.
    "Born Under A Bad Sign" immediately suggests (it's in the lyric) Monty Norman's "Good Sign, Bad Sign" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6EuzGhIyRQ which is where he claims the roots of the "James Bond Theme" lie.
    I never knew that! Albert king wrote it didn't he? Never liked the original version of badge but live by Clapton himself is better.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,221MI6 Agent
    How I envy all of you with musical talents. I would have loved to have learnt to play piano or guitar but alas I am absolutely clueless when it comes to musical instruments :( :(
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Hasn't stopped ....... ;) I'll stop there, as I don't want to be banned :))
    I'm an ignorant novice and upstart compared to Barbels musicality. How's Mactan chb?
    7.30 in the morning Xmas Eve. It's already 80F but rain is forecast later. I will take son of CHB for a walk down the beach a bit later after we have dropped the maid off to her parents house for the Christmas celebrations. Mrs CHB has already left for the city where she has a busy day ahead at the beauty salons she runs. I collected the food shop yesterday so we are looking forward to the holidays.

Merry Christmas to you and yours ChrisCoop {[]
    Hopefully we've all made it on to the "Nice list " :D
    Well, you certainly have, TP. Merry Christmas {[]
    7.30 in the morning Xmas Eve. It's already 80F but rain is forecast later. I will take son of CHB for a walk down the beach a bit later after we have dropped the maid off to her parents house for the Christmas celebrations. Mrs CHB has already left for the city where she has a busy day ahead at the beauty salons she runs. I collected the food shop yesterday so we are looking forward to the holidays.

Merry Christmas to you and yours ChrisCoop {[]
    Sounds like it's all in hand. And a merry Christmas to you good sir and your family -{
    Here's wishing everyone has a great Christmas and fantastic New Year -{