Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    And don't forget you run the risk of being stuck on a ship with Higgins :o
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,221MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Unfortunately in the UK saga is a company who caters for the over 50's.

Although I am well into the over 50's age group the thought of being on a group holiday fills me with dread. It's why the idea of a cruise holiday has put me off - to be stuck with a group of passengers for two weeks without any chance of escaping is horrifying :)) Higgins put up a decent case for cruising a few months back and Mrs CHB wants to go on one so at some point I am going to have to try one.

If you do try one ... make sure it's a short one ....

I went on my first cruise this year and hated it ... Everything was great. The boat, the food, the entertainment but it just didn't happen for me. The routine became a bit repetitive and I felt a bit claustrophobic.

Thanks for the input, Lady Rose, do they do 2 night cruises? :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Chriscoop wrote:

:)) :)) :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    Lady Rose wrote:
    The boat,

It's a ship :D
    Boats we enter incase the ship sinks ;)

And sorry, I can't follow your recommendation to try a short trip.
    These are usually sold to a different kind of clientele and 90% of them regard it as a booze-cruise.

The last leg on some Transatlantic-Crossings from Southampton to Hamburg (2 days plus 2 days) and back are sold as tasters and the people dramatically change. Demanding, selfish and reckless people, bad manners - lots of alcohol and so on can leave a very bad impression about something which generally is a phantastic cruise.

Thinking about it again, those tasters may be the ideal vacation for Sir Miles :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    Higgins wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:
    The boat,

It's a ship!
    Boats we enter incase the ship sinks ;)

And sorry, I can't follow your recommendation to try a short trip.
    These are usually sold to a different kind of clientele and 90% of them regard it as a booze-cruise.

The last leg on some Transatlantic-Crossings from Southampton to Hamburg and back are sold as tasters and the people dramatically change. Bad manners - lots of alcohol and so on can leave a very bad impression about something which generally is a phantastic cruise.

Boat, schmoat .... :p

Mine was 5 days and that was plenty and I didn't see anyone treating it as a booze cruise ... mainly because the average age was 75 :))

I will concede though that the 2 night 'taster' cruises do seem to encourage the more 'party' types and groups.

All I would say is if you are booking a cruise do it carefully. Higgins won't have a bad word said about cruising but it wasn't for me.

It does seem to be one of those things you either love or hate. No half measures.
    5 days is ok.
    Booze cruises are 2 days ;)

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Snap! ... I edited my post to reflect the 'taster' cruise.

I've never done those but I have friends that do 'girls weekend' away on them and the sole purpose is to eat, drink and be merry.
    Being merry is very pleasant but drunks are always boring.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,326Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg
    Barbel wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg
    Has Higgins done a Reginald perrin in your private loch?
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Just heard the news that the bastard has been shot this morning in Milano/Italy!

The evidence is pretty clear - papers have been found from him in the truck driver cabin and his fingerprints were on the wheel and on the door handle.

He is Tunisian, came over 5 years ago via Italy and has spent 4 years in an Italian prison before he came to here.

So every connection with the recent refugee movement from Irak and Syria is non-existent and some people should think again drawing too fast and easy conclusions.

Let me also make it clear, that we've had attempted attacks by Syrian and Iraqui refugees and it'll happen sooner or later that one of them succeeds.

But as CC said - you can radicalize people in short time - no matter if they are born here or came as refugees. No matter if they are German nationals (there are 3800 of them as Islamic fighters for ISIS alone) or born somewhere else.

Having been born here does not make us any superior to others that weren't so lucky.

And I am not afraid so much of Islamist Terrorists.
    I am scared about the radicals that turn up now with their xenophobic racist thoughts, with their hate and lies and that they now are going public because they find that it's now voicing a majority opinion.
    I am much more scared what happens to us!

Additionally, just a thought:
    In the US 2 people are shot to death by Islamic terrorists on average per year.
    At the same time around 12000 people are being shot by Americans.

Where has Chuck Norris been the last few days.....rumor has it he was in Berlin on April 30th , 1945 as well. The plot thickens :)) :p :v
    How's everyones Christmas viewing going? I've watched ohmss, the American, Bourne supremacy, wed, on my list of seasonal films are girl with dragon tattoo. Golden compass, FYEO, Sp and a few more.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I have seen the first few episodes of The Crown. Looks like solid quality TV entertainer, and much of the story is less known than we think. Well worth watching :)
    Earlier today my nephew (3 years old) claimed both his uncles have farted him in the face :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) We al have to find ways to fill, the long winter nights. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I can't speak for the other uncle, but I swear I didn't do it on purpose!
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Maybe the German people will wake up to the fact their country is being overrun and invaded and violated by these people. Ask any woman in Hamburg or Köln.

Though you carry "Herr" in your username, you obviously have no idea about how it is really in Germany (I am sure that you are reading a lot of populist crap that comes from here).

And I still remember your collection of Nazi-Literature and swastika-decorated bookcovers in your bookshelf on a picture that you posted earlier! So I have an idea about from where you are coming from!

I live in Hamburg, am speaking with lot of women from here and it's not like the populist squallers try to imply in their internet-opinion-sewer.

We have a war in Syria, people are dying there since years, they are threatened by Al Kaida and ISIS and the seek refugee.
    What Germany has done in 2015 was a humanitarian act. Those where many refugees - admittedly not carefully checked thoroughly - but the alternative is letting them die in front of our borders.

99,9% of them are victims - good people who seek refugee peace and a place to stay (sounds a bit like the stories that we are telling over the Christmas days). Germany took them, many people have been working their arses off voluntarily and what you say is a slap in the face of them.

25%-30% of the population here has fears and worries, the majority throughout the parties (except the populists) support that politics in general!

I hope that you always live safe and don't need to escape from a war.

Until now, we are not 100% sure if that has been done by a refugee.
    And even if, it would be a horrible act from someone who asked for our hospitality.

But that does not say anything about the rest of the people who came here because they needed our help!

Rant over!

I dare say you are afraid of learning anything from your own recent history and instead prefer to just hush everything up and pretend it didn't happen. Stop feeling guilty for something you had nothing to do with. Pick up a book on your recent history and read it. That is if your Government allows that sort of material.

On another note, why not try helping these refugees. They could use a compassionate German National to feel sorry for them and help them out, eh?

Homeless German man set on fire Christmas morning; police question 7 asylum seekers
    Surveillance video links 6 suspects from Syria, 1 from Libya

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/27/homeless-german-man-set-on-fire-christmas-morning-/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS
    edited December 2016

I dare say you are afraid of learning anything from your own recent history and instead prefer to just hush everything up and pretend it didn't happen. Stop feeling guilty for something you had nothing to do with. Pick up a book on your recent history and read it. That is if your Government allows that sort of material.

I dare say that you have no idea about what really drives me! It's not guilt. It's from the belief that humanitarian values will prevail over egoism, racism and hate.

My knowledge on german history is broad and partly first-hand from my grandfather who was a police officer and from my jewish friends who have lost large parts of their families in Auschwitz. They know exactly how it feels when "a country wakes up" from the so called "threat from other people".
    I also know enough about you to be aware that "Herr" in your username does NOT stand for "Sir" or "Mr." X-(

I know exactly what happens in Germay! I am fully aware that there are some evil people along with the hundred of thousands that came here. I am also aware that they have a very different cultural and religious background and it will be very difficult to integrate them.

But I also know that nearly all of them seek help and need a refugee from the horrors that happen in their countries.
    Horrors by the way that have been fired up and partially started by white men!
    another note, why not try helping these refugees. They could use a compassionate German National to feel sorry for them and help them out, eh?

I do.
    Homeless German man set on fire Christmas morning; police question 7 asylum seekers
    Surveillance video links 6 suspects from Syria, 1 from Libya

I have no intention to defend these people.
    And it seems to be important for you to emphasize their nationality and then generalize that to the 99,9% who are not like that. Are you doing the same if someone from your "nationality" is attempting a murder?

We've had over 200 attacks against refugee homes in 2016! Mainly by German nationals!
    Many of these refugee homes have been occupied! Where is your outrage for that?? Why haven't you quoted that here?

http://newobserveronline.com/217-attacks-on-invader-centers-in-2016/

Like I have said - I know exactly where you politically stand - and to be honest I have no interest in discussing these matters with you. What "fascinates" you, I find disgusting!

I do that though to let others see what you do and how wrong you are.
    And to show you that there are people out there who stand up!

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I am an 'refugee'. I came to the UK some years ago. I could speak about things but my english writing is not so good. I have a job and I pay taxes. I am a Christian so did not find it difficult to fit in as others. I have read what has been said here on many times.
    Joshua wrote:
    I am an 'refugee'. I came to the UK some years ago. I could speak about things but my english writing is not so good. I have a job and I pay taxes. I am a Christian so did not find it difficult to fit in as others. I have read what has been said here on many times.
    What part of the world have you come from Joshua? I'm pleased to hear you've found a home in the UK, if more refugees and immigrants were positive like you I think the public perception of them would be different.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Hello. Thank you. I am from Africa but do not come from a war. I asked no help when I came to the UK. I found my job. I first had two jobs but now one job on night shifts.
    I hope everyone will forgive my writing as this is not my first language in english but I can speak but not write so good. I am an not an educated man but I work hard and do what is correct to be good.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Welcome Joshua -{

No need to apologise - your english is excellent!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It's certainty better than mine Joshua. With your attitude
    To life, I'm sure nothing but success will follow -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Don't worry, Joshua. Your english is much better than mine ;%

• Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    The problem Higgins, is that you can't tell the good from the bad. Is the terrorism that is being welcomed with open arms in your country worth the innocent lives of your citizens?

I did not emphasize their nationality. The newspaper writers do that to let you know who the perpetrators are of these crimes against your citizens.

You can go through the rest of your life with the rose colored glasses on and one day you will wake up and find that your country is not yours anymore.

They will eventually take over Germany and spread throughout the Rest of Europe. Why do you think Austria closed her borders to these people?

https://www.facebook.com/NewsSharks/videos/1578215289167694/
    edited December 2016
    The problem Higgins, is that you can't tell the good from the bad. Is the terrorism that is being welcomed with open arms in your country worth the innocent lives of your citizens?

Yes, you can't tell the good from bad.
    Like I said, what happened in 2015 was a humanitarian act and we must check refugees more carefully also retroactively.
    Like other said, you can radicalize all kind of people here. In the country.
    We are not welcoming terrorism - that's just silly and populist. We try to help people along the Geneva refugee convention and our humanitarian imperative.

That some of those people abuse that has nothing to do with us being stupid or all refugees being terrorists!

What really annoys me is that people who would rather let these poor people die in front of their homes accuse us for welcoming terrorists and blame us for being stupid. What has the world come to that good people are getting slammed by those who just stand by - do nothing and preach hate!
    I did not emphasize their nationality. The newspaper writers do that to let you know who the perpetrators are of these crimes against your citizens.

Well, you yourself picked this particular case because the offenders have been refugees. For a reason. And I showed you that germans attempt to burn refugees by burning down their houses to balance is a bit more. You did just agitate from one side by being selective!
    You can go through the rest of your life with the rose colored glasses on and one day you will wake up and find that your country is not yours anymore.

I fear more that I wake up one day and my country became imcompassionate and inhuman, radical and xenophobic {[]
    They will eventually take over Germany and spread throughout the Rest of Europe. Why do you think Austria closed her borders to these people?

Austria did not close their borders.
    Border checks are being more intense and they still take refugees - among with Germany and Sweden they are the country who are still taking the vast majority.

Not because we are stupid or are wearing tinted glasses!
    We do this because it's the thing to do when someone is asking for your help!

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

Is it any easier to tell the good from the bad amongst a country's own citizens than it is amongst refugees?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Is it any easier to tell the good from the bad amongst a country's own citizens than it is amongst refugees?

Well that's a point. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Other than last year's sex attacks, have any of Germanys terror attacks been conclusively proven as committed by a refugee? At this point it's worth pointing out that the sex attacks are a totally separate issue from terrorism.