Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I see that as of today Star Wars has overtaken bond in the Box office takings, amazing considering bond had 24 to star wars 8 and bond started so much earlier, I don't know if the figures have been adjusted for inflation etc I'd guess not.

They are unadjusted takings and seeing that they have only just gone in front of the Bond franchise it would mean that with inflation adjusted totals that the Bond franchise would outstrip Star Wars.
    That was my thinking also chb
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Number24 wrote:
    When I came home from Bergen I discovered the storm/hurricane Urd had broken the flagpole :o
    It wasn't the worst weather since the Christmas/new years hurricanes started in 1992, so it was a question of the direction of the wind.
    May or may not be of interest to you 24 but I received a travel book for Christmas that me and Mrs coop intend to use to plan some short breaks. I've spotted a couple of nice places in Norway that we both like the look of, there are also some interesting facts on these places. Are Trondheim and Alesund
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    For any of you guys that might know what Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea is, I just finished my 3 foot Seaview model:
    IqIg1qh.jpg
    Odd8dX6.jpg?1
    d1S7P3A.jpg
    PkdsMAg.jpg
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Looks absolutely fantastic ! -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Good job. I watched that show whenever I could when I was a kid. I forget what network carried it, but I want to say ABC.
    Maybe before my time Chris, but I know a fantastic model when I see one. {[]
    Good job. I watched that show whenever I could when I was a kid. I forget what network carried it, but I want to say ABC.
    Give that man a cee-gar!

This model was so much fun to build! I recently got the movie on blu ray & the first season of the TV show on DVD, so naturally I had to get the model too. The first episode is so ripping off Bond movies. :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    chrisisall wrote:
    Give that man a cee-gar!

This model was so much fun to build! I recently got the movie on blu ray & the first season of the TV show on DVD, so naturally I had to get the model too. The first episode is so ripping off Bond movies. :))

Fantastic! Where did you get the model, and how much did it set you back, if you don't mind my asking? I might need one of those ;%
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Fantastic! Where did you get the model, and how much did it set you back, if you don't mind my asking? I might need one of those ;%
    I won it on eBay- the model was only in production in 2012. I paid $123, but they usually go for 2-300. The four window Flying Sub version is currently IN production and goes for about $125. But I like the 8 window version much better.
    I hope your bath is big enough to play
    With it Chris.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I hope your bath is big enough to play
    With it Chris.
    Yeah, it fits. :p
    chrisisall wrote:
    I won it on eBay- the model was only in production in 2012. I paid $123, but they usually go for 2-300. The four window Flying Sub version is currently IN production and goes for about $125. But I like the 8 window version much better.

I had models of the Seaview and the Flying Sub when I was a kid. That show - and the original film, natch - are favorites of mine. Thanks for the tip {[]
    I had models of the Seaview and the Flying Sub when I was a kid.
    I have a Flying Sub that I made in 1975 that I recently re-painted & fixed the windows on...
    KvTPPW6.jpg
    :D
    That's the one! B-) Yours looks better than mine did.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    When I came home from Bergen I discovered the storm/hurricane Urd had broken the flagpole :o
    It wasn't the worst weather since the Christmas/new years hurricanes started in 1992, so it was a question of the direction of the wind.
    May or may not be of interest to you 24 but I received a travel book for Christmas that me and Mrs coop intend to use to plan some short breaks. I've spotted a couple of nice places in Norway that we both like the look of, there are also some interesting facts on these places. Are Trondheim and Alesund

Are you all right, Chriscoop? You ended your post so abruptly. :D

You are of course very welcome to Norway. If you can chose freely, visit in the spring (May).
    Åleasund is a coastal town rebuilt after the 1905 fire in the art nouveau style. It's well worth a visit. It's also not very far from where I live, so there's a chance we could meet up.

Trondheim is also nice, but given the choice I would rather go to Bergen.
    I read about the great fire, apparently only one person died, and he lived next door the the fire station ?:)
    I also read that the people of trondheim rioted when the government wanted to change its name. The aquarium at Alesund interests me a lot.
    Yes there was a great fire in Ålesund in 1904 (not 1905). My great grandmother saw it when she was a maid on one of the neighbouring islands and her future husband made doors and windows when the town was rebuildt. He was given a workbench and many wood planers as wages. We still have it. The German kaiser loved the region and sent aid to rebuild the town.

There were plans to change Trondheim to the Norse name of Nidaros, but the townspeople wouldn't hear of it.

If you are particularely interested in the coast (as you should be :D ) you may want to look into the Hurtigruten, a cruise, ferry and cargo operator that has sailed the coast from Kirkenes in the far north to Bergen since 1893. It stops often and sails the most scenic routes.

hurtigruten_ms_kong_harald_0.jpg

IMG_0697_low.jpg
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    I just found this online and had to share it. Found it pretty hilarious, to be honest. A lighter look at US politics on AJB (for once):

Obama-For-Chesterfield-Cigarettes--124695.jpg

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Any rumours that he's creating problems for Trump on purpose are totally untrue :v
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Any rumours that he's creating problems for Trump on purpose are totally untrue :v

Yeah.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    After Trump it will be :

Walken : I'm happiest , IN the White House !

:)) :p
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I just found this online and had to share it. Found it pretty hilarious, to be honest. A lighter look at US politics on AJB (for once):

Obama-For-Chesterfield-Cigarettes--124695.jpg

Has ed been on photoshop again? :))
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Dear friends and mods. This Christmas I managed to say off the political threads for days. But tonight I somehow found myself in the US election thread, and (gulp) I fell off the wagon - hard. Do you think I can rid myself of this addition, and how can this be done? :o
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Dear friends and mods.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, 24. :)
    They aren't???????? :o
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    ... well, exceptions can be made. 8-)
    I always imagine the Mods, in uniform with mirrored
    Sunglasses and pump action shotguns. Patrolling the
    Walkways above us ;)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    .... In their company Aston Martins :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Doc Martins.. Perhaps :D
    I see the mods as non-violent, watchful types:

big_brother_is_watching_you.jpg?height=400&width=400&qv=90&AttributeValue=Poster&Size=32x21