Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    modern Lufthansa Boeing 747-8 in retro Lufthansa livery

Lufthansa_LH_747_8i_D-ABYT_Paine_PAE_32.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    We had snow today (well it fell last night) and here was a good reason :D to don my new ISLAYS and take woofer up the woods to see the snow . Walking through the crisp white hell ,the sound under foot was like walking through a giant bowl of rice krispies sounded good enough to eat :)) :)) dog loved it ,she thought here was a lifetimes supply of ice cream ,but im sure for many London bound commuters this morning the white hell will only mean ,delays ,cancellations late buses ect ,we just cant cope with it in London
    P1050180.jpg
    now this is parking New York style in the snow
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    P1050180.jpg
    now this is parking New York style in the snow

That's nothing. I've seen the rear end of a car parked a good metre up from the ground.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    I 'd like to wish everyone a happy Friday 13th :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Get out your ice-hockey mask and chainsaw :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Sorry, I don't play Ice-hockey. :v
    I don't think "Jason" did either. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I can't really comment any more on what I do/don't do on Friday 13th......
    I think it's in FRWL Bond comments on how, there are
    Far less people flying on a Fri 13
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Hopefully they'll do with "Bowling for Columbine" and discuss "Stupid White Men".

Moore is no Saint and has his flaws, but there is always something to reconsider and to learn - even if you are not in his political camp.
    Stop saying stuff I agree with!!! X-(
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    :)) :)) :))

Can we also agree in the hope that there is no Donald Trump sex tape? As you probably know there is a rumour that Russian secret service has (among other things) a tape of him with a prostitute.
    I mean - you can never unsee a tape like that :o :o :o
    chrisisall wrote:
    Stop saying stuff I agree with!!! X-(

I'll not follow by saying that Dalton sucks :D

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    "Still havnt lost it " I was in the woods this morning with the mutt , and low and behold in the bushes is a mans pedal cycle .It looks as if some swine has pinched it from some ones driveway ,ccycled off on it and dumped it in the woods .Well I rang 101 to report it in .All the codes and phonetics all came flooding back ,the operator (MET POL) asked if I was an officer ,to which I replied no ive been gone 10 years ,but my boy is a MET officer . " you havnt lost it he said ,to which I replied ,"no you cant put it down even if you are out the job , So now armed with a CAD number ,just waiting for the boys in blue to pop round and collect the bike .Its funny but dog walkers are one of the biggest reporters of crimes ,as they /we are out all hours of the night day ,and in secluded spots ,where thieves tend to dump their ill gotten gains , So far ive found 2 safes , three stolen cars and 2 motorbikes , The other month I was at the airport and I found all this luggage (LOL) Now due to my latest good deed ,I now cant go out until the police turn up :#
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    "Still havnt lost it " I was in the woods this morning with the mutt , and low and behold in the bushes is a mans pedal cycle .It looks as if some swine has pinched it from some ones driveway ,ccycled off on it and dumped it in the woods .Well I rang 101 to report it in .All the codes and phonetics all came flooding back ,the operator (MET POL) asked if I was an officer ,to which I replied no ive been gone 10 years ,but my boy is a MET officer . " you havnt lost it he said ,to which I replied ,"no you cant put it down even if you are out the job , So now armed with a CAD number ,just waiting for the boys in blue to pop round and collect the bike .Its funny but dog walkers are one of the biggest reporters of crimes ,as they /we are out all hours of the night day ,and in secluded spots ,where thieves tend to dump their ill gotten gains , So far ive found 2 safes , three stolen cars and 2 motorbikes , The other month I was at the airport and I found all this luggage (LOL) Now due to my latest good deed ,I now cant go out until the police turn up :#
    It's not just stolen belongings found by dog walkers and their dogs, bodies and body parts are often discovered too. In fact I know intimately of three cases here in Yorkshire in recent history.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,695MI6 Agent
    Well today (Sat 14 January 2017) marks the 14th anniversary of joining the AJB007 forum. It's been a roller-coaster of a ride and I realise I was missing in action for a good few years (c. 2006-2012) but I came back again and stayed about this time. And, boy am I glad that I did! :007)

I really want to thank all of my friends here and all the members in fact for making this such a great James Bond fan community and resource. Here's to another year of obscure literary Bond conversations with you guys! It's the members that make any forum and we are all lucky to have some of the very best right here at AJB :) -{

Also, in 2017 I hope to get TBB, my blog project, back to regular posting. I've been working hard on new content and I hope my readers here like what I've produced in my time away from blogging! :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :007)
    On finding stuff while walking the dog, over the year I collect any money I find while out walking him. That way
    He pays for his own dog license. ;)

Happy anniversary SM -{
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,695MI6 Agent
    Thanks, N24 and TP! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Congrats Brian {[]
    Cheers Brian and many Happy Returns {[]

I hear Donald Trump is experienceing his golden moment :D
    Thanks Peter and Markus! :) -{
    On BBC radio 4 this morning, they were talking about an
    80s spy novel " January 20th" in which an incoming
    President had been filmed by the Russians having sex
    And was being controlled by them ? :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Art imitating life or life imitating art? I wonder how long trump can realistically go on for? He's got impeachment and assassination written all over him.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    An assassination is the worst possible outcome. Imagined all the conspiracy theories and convicted that would come of it. Impeachment(s) is far from unlikely.

And here's the link (thanks to my friend Jeremy Duns):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b088b7yf#playt=0h20m54s
    There is also an episode of an old western TV show where a man called Trump shows up up in a troubled town promiseing to "build a wall all around this town, to keep you all safe."
    The show was "Trackdown" and the episode aired in 1958.
    Number24 wrote:
    The show was "Trackdown" and the episode aired in 1958.

Yes. saw that on Facebook.

John Gardner's Cold/Cold Fall (1996) also comes to mind fore me when I think of the soon-to-be President Trump.

The Last Trump - sounds a trifle ominous. :o