Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    Most of the sex attack perpetrators have been identified as MAGREB (Tunesia, Morocco, Algeria) nationals, illegal immigrants that move across the continent. *

There may have been refugees among them, as far as I know, no refugee has been charged for that.

But like I say, refugees are NOT per se saints. They are just like any other nationality - some are bad - many of them are good. We will see more crimes committed by refugees in the future and we'll unfortunately see a terror attack by a refugee here sooner or later.

*example Cologne: 73 offenders could be identified:
    30 Morocco
    27 Algeria
    4 Iraki
    3 Tunesia
    3 Syria
    3 German
    1 Libya
    1 Montenegro
    1 Iranian
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The problem Higgins, is that you can't tell the good from the bad. Is the terrorism that is being welcomed with open arms in your country worth the innocent lives of your citizens?

Is it any easier to tell the good from the bad amongst a country's own citizens than it is amongst refugees?

That's a correct sentiment, Matt. The purpose of terrorism is to breed exactly the type of fear and division that is on display in this thread and all across the western world.
    Another result of this is, (and I am not pointing fingers at H. Michael here) that those who have been racist for a very long time already, sugar-coat their ethnic fanatism by now by telling everybody that they are worried and feared that the country is "invaded" or overran" instead

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Thank you friends. I am dishonured at my lack of english writing but I try. I hope to put my view to you all as i am best able to do. Let me say that invasions of one peoples of others then what we must remember is Africa. Africa was invaded by peoples who wanted land and monies in a hundred and fifty years ago or more. This is good in some people way of thinking but because it was white man coming to the black man land. Now this is to turn round and because it is not white men coming to Europe then they are not welcome. If white men from Emerica were coming to Europe in the vast numbers as is the muslims would people be saying such things as we are hearing?

I know there are good and bad peoples I know there are some immigrants who are not wishing to be in the countries for only reasons that are not good. I am angry now so please forgive me.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    Thank you friends. I am dishonured at my lack of english writing but I try. I hope to put my view to you all as i am best able to do. Let me say that invasions of one peoples of others then what we must remember is Africa. Africa was invaded by peoples who wanted land and monies in a hundred and fifty years ago or more. This is good in some people way of thinking but because it was white man coming to the black man land. Now this is to turn round and because it is not white men coming to Europe then they are not welcome. If white men from Emerica were coming to Europe in the vast numbers as is the muslims would people be saying such things as we are hearing?

I know there are good and bad peoples I know there are some immigrants who are not wishing to be in the countries for only reasons that are not good. I am angry now so please forgive me.
    Africa has been treated terribly by many for far too long. Nations have profited and become immensely wealthy from Africa and have not put anything back or protected the people or natural resources. We forget Africa is the cradle of life and in a very short time the white man has destroyed a lot of the things that took a millenia to produce and evolve.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    +1

And after we have robbed these countries, we look down on those who have no other choice and come to us to survive * :(

*because we must care for ourselfs at first...

Some nations have done a bit more than others but I look upon Africa and it's people as being victims of international rape.
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The problem Higgins, is that you can't tell the good from the bad. Is the terrorism that is being welcomed with open arms in your country worth the innocent lives of your citizens?

Is it any easier to tell the good from the bad amongst a country's own citizens than it is amongst refugees?

That's a correct sentiment, Matt. The purpose of terrorism is to breed exactly the type of fear and division that is on display in this thread and all across the western world.

No it is not. Your citizens, German citizens, are already living there and are legally in the country. You are importing terrorism wholesale by allowing these foreigners in your country.

What would you expect random terrorism to breed when a solution for it is as easy as closing your borders? What about taking care of your own citizens welfare first before giving a hand out to foreigners? Have you ever asked any homeless person or unemployed person how they feel about the German Government openly welcoming foreigners into the country while they live in a cardboard box or on the streets?

You can call it whatever you like, but unless you open your eyes to the fact you are losing control of your country, by the time you do it will be too late. Ask the French how many No-Go zones there are right in Paris. The police will not enter these areas and Sharia law is in effect.

Is that what you want in your cities? Hamburg, Frankfurt, München, Stuttgart? Not to be able to enter certain sections of your own cities for fear of injury or death? If the cops won't go in, do you think you'd be any safer?

I'm finished replying in this thread on this topic. You will never understand what you are doing until it's too late. You can't be reasoned with, and you can't see what's happening right under your own noses.
    edited December 2016
    Matt S wrote:

No it is not. Your citizens, German citizens, are already living there and are legally in the country. You are importing terrorism wholesale by allowing these foreigners in your country.

What would you expect random terrorism to breed when a solution for it is as easy as closing your borders? What about taking care of your own citizens welfare first before giving a hand out to foreigners? Have you ever asked any homeless person or unemployed person how they feel about the German Government openly welcoming foreigners into the country while they live in a cardboard box or on the streets?

You can call it whatever you like, but unless you open your eyes to the fact you are losing control of your country, by the time you do it will be too late. Ask the French how many No-Go zones there are right in Paris. The police will not enter these areas and Sharia law is in effect.

Is that what you want in your cities? Hamburg, Frankfurt, München, Stuttgart? Not to be able to enter certain sections of your own cities for fear of injury or death? If the cops won't go in, do you think you'd be any safer?

I'm finished replying in this thread on this topic. You will never understand what you are doing until it's too late. You can't be reasoned with, and you can't see what's happening right under your own noses.

No go zones happen with and without immigration and refugees, class division can cause this as well as cultural difference. What is your country Herr Michael? At least give me a chance of an equally based conversation and debate. Or do you live a utopian place where all are equal and you've beaten all crime and terrorism. Are you really a gsg9 operative?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Changing the subject completely .....

I can never understand why, when a musician dies, everyone feels the need to go out and buy their entire back catalogue ..

I am a fan of both Bowie and George Michael and already have a ton of their stuff.Surely if you're a fan you have it anyway?

Always find this particular phenomenon strange :s
    Lady Rose wrote:

I can never understand why, when a musician dies, everyone feels the need to go out and buy their entire back catalogue ..

I am a fan of both Bowie and George Michael and already have a ton of their stuff.Surely if you're a fan you have it anyway?

It's bizzarre a bit like the public outpouring of grief we see almost like people want to be part of it. I also can never understand why celebrity deaths are deemed more important than say a service man who died defending his nation.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Only a guess on my behalf but I think it's because many celebs, become almost like
    Family to us, as we've grown up with them. Also especially with musicians, their music
    May have helped many in moments of stress of turmoil in their lives.
    One example from me, is the actress Liz Smith as Nana in The Royale Family.
    The episode when she died with her daughter ( Sue Townsend) looking after her
    Had me both laughing and crying, not just because of the fantastic script and acting
    But because recently before it being shown, I went through the same event. So it obviously
    Had a big impact on me.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:

Thank you, m'lady!

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg
    Barbel, please let me assure you I have no intention of any personal attacks or insults, I'm purely asking for a level and equal debate. It's easy to throw diatribe from the safety of total anominity. Although I'm British it's hard to read Germany getting lambasted from a member who claims no Country for a return debate. If this conversation takes a nasty turn I will be the first to revert to pm's to those concerned.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

It's bizzarre a bit like the public outpouring of grief we see almost like people want to be part of it. I also can never understand why celebrity deaths are deemed more important than say a service man who died defending his nation.

People know the celebrities better than the servicemen. When somebody dies in combat, most people don't know who they are. They have probably done a more important job than most celebrities have, but most people have not spent time with that person. For more people have spent time with celebrities like Carrie Fisher (via a screen), so they feel a personal connection that way. I hardly think people feel that a celebrity's death is more important than a serviceman's death, but it's given more attention because more people have a quasi-personal connection to the celebrity whom they feel they've gotten to know.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I feel equally saddened when a particular celebrity such as carrie Fisher who was instrumental in a film series I loved as a boy dies. Also musicians who I've spent many hours listening to. But I worry that modern society elevates all celebrity despite how influential they were to almost demi God status and that the world is worse off without them. I mean this on the level that when a boy band breaks up crisis centres are set up for grieving fans.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Barbel, please let me assure you I have no intention of any personal attacks or insults, I'm purely asking for a level and equal debate. It's easy to throw diatribe from the safety of total anominity. Although I'm British it's hard to read Germany getting lambasted from a member who claims no Country for a return debate. If this conversation takes a nasty turn I will be the first to revert to pm's to those concerned.

Absolutely no intention of saying anything against you, CC, and if that was what came across I sincerely apologise.
    No no didn't think at all Barbel -{ but I know how you hate debates taking that direction.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    One example from me, is the actress Liz Smith as Nana in The Royale Family.
    The episode when she died with her daughter (Sue Townsend) looking after her...

A great episode from a great series...but the actress is actually Sue Johnston -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sorry, yes indeed it was ( another brilliant actress ) ;%
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited December 2016
    Lady Rose wrote:

Well...in my case, I lost my Bowie vinyl in my separation/divorce some years back...and when he died, I did seek out his back catalogue to replace it...with the awareness that the audio quality is vastly superior to the iTunes Bowie I already possessed -{

But I think many casual fans simply begin to listen to an artist's body of work as a part of the mourning process, and then simply get sucked into the easy internet availability. I have no particular affinity for George Michael's stuff...but I did reacquire Eagles vinyl after Glenn Frey's passing. Then again, I was in 'reacquisition' mode anyway; this merely focused what I sought out, for a period of time, until I had their essential records. Then, I moved on to The Who...and Pink Floyd...and the Stones...and ;%
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Watching the English TV news I see that celebrity news always comes at the first. Yesteday it was the top news story that a sportsman had retired. Afterwards came the real news. I think this is sad. It is always sad when someone passes away but now I think the English put celebrities instead of religion. They worship these people more than god.
    I'm afraid you're correct there. It's the same with the newspapers, as well, probably even more so depending on which one (some are better than others). Not that I'm English, but we share the media- well, mainly.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

Well...in my case, I lost my Bowie vinyl in my separation/divorce some years back...and when he died, I did seek out his back catalogue to replace it...with the awareness that the audio quality is vastly superior to the iTunes Bowie I already possessed -{

But I think many casual fans simply begin to listen to an artist's body of work as a part of the mourning process, and then simply get sucked into the easy internet availability. I have no particular affinity for George Michael's stuff...but I did reacquire Eagles vinyl after Glenn Frey's passing. Then again, I was in 'reacquisition' mode anyway; this merely focused what I sought out, for a period of time, until I had their essential records. Then, I moved on to The Who...and Pink Floyd...and the Stones...and ;%

I can see a difference in replacing vinyl classics and downloading generic stuff ... Just flicking through the iTunes chart and there are now various GM singles in there ... I just find it a curious thing.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    Hello. Thank you. I am from Africa but do not come from a war. I asked no help when I came to the UK. I found my job. I first had two jobs but now one job on night shifts.
    I hope everyone will forgive my writing as this is not my first language in english but I can speak but not write so good. I am an not an educated man but I work hard and do what is correct to be good.

Welcome and Merry Christmas, Joshua :( :007)
    We need more members here, especially from outside Europe and North America.
    What African country do you come from?
    Hello number24 and the greetings of the season to you. Thank you. I would not rather to say which country. I did not come to the UK to get away from any wars but in my country it is political opresion. A lot of bad things happen to people who opose the goverment. I still have some of my family living there so it is never the best to say too much in case they become the targets.
    I see that as of today Star Wars has overtaken bond in the Box office takings, amazing considering bond had 24 to star wars 8 and bond started so much earlier, I don't know if the figures have been adjusted for inflation etc I'd guess not.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Im not too suprised with Star Wars being on another level completely when it comes to box office.

Although fewer films, the original trilogy of course was re-released and the Special Editions of course in the 90's had a huge cinema release (hence probably making it the equivalent of an extra 3 films)

If I remember rightly they even started a 3D run in the cinema also (prequels)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I see that as of today Star Wars has overtaken bond in the Box office takings, amazing considering bond had 24 to star wars 8 and bond started so much earlier, I don't know if the figures have been adjusted for inflation etc I'd guess not.

They are unadjusted takings and seeing that they have only just gone in front of the Bond franchise it would mean that with inflation adjusted totals that the Bond franchise would outstrip Star Wars.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    When I came home from Bergen I discovered the storm/hurricane Urd had broken the flagpole :o
    It wasn't the worst weather since the Christmas/new years hurricanes started in 1992, so it was a question of the direction of the wind.