Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    To make amends I have posted a photo of Kelly Brook wearing a bra in the Izabella thread, just to make your day (again) :007)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Thanks, N24. {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Without commenting on the politics of it, can you spot the simularities and differences of these two photos? :))

People in the US signing a new law about women's posibilities to control if they become mothers or not:

5051.jpg?w=860&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=78fdec43b1341444ec6c9d4af35e8014

People signing a new law in Sweden (any simularity between the pictures is completely on purpose :D )

1024.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=cff295f86bfe8318b07c05f7c2490d37
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    In an effort to save space the other day I purchased three Case Logic disc storage binders and loaded all my movies into them & took the plastic cases (four huge garbage bags full) to the recycling bin. Of course Bond gets its own section. I'll miss the cool covers, but wow suddenly 500 movies all fit in basically 1 square foot of space.
    jxdzpfT.jpg
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    My uncle used to have a new xjs every couple of years up until they stopped production, he never had a white one though, but I did a toy one with the Saint logo on the bonnet, I loved the title sequence with the white animated stick man Saint and that music. In fact jags have been a feature in my life, I've had a couple and my grandfather had a 1972 racing green double six with a webasto sunroof that he bought new.

I've always loved Jags, CC and like your uncle never a white one. At one point I changed to a XJ6 from a XJS but didn't get on with it and changed back to a XJS after a month! The only brand new one I ever had was the last one I bought and that lasted me the best part of 20 years. Before I bought my first XJS I had a Jensen Interceptor, now THAT was trouble :)) .
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    My uncle used to have a new xjs every couple of years up until they stopped production, he never had a white one though, but I did a toy one with the Saint logo on the bonnet, I loved the title sequence with the white animated stick man Saint and that music. In fact jags have been a feature in my life, I've had a couple and my grandfather had a 1972 racing green double six with a webasto sunroof that he bought new.

I've always loved Jags, CC and like your uncle never a white one. At one point I changed to a XJ6 from a XJS but didn't get on with it and changed back to a XJS after a month! The only brand new one I ever had was the last one I bought and that lasted me the best part of 20 years. Before I bought my first XJS I had a Jensen Interceptor, now THAT was trouble :)) .
    I'll bet it was, there was an interceptor special on top gear once, brilliant looking and sounding thing but build quality was just not good at all.
    I've had a few jags, xk8, an old xj6 and a couple of x types. I always liked equalisers car as well, black looked good on the old shaped xj6.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Was the XK8 as good as it looked, CC? I always fancied one but could never bear to part with my last XJS.
    edited February 2017
    Was the XK8 as good as it looked, CC? I always fancied one but could never bear to part with my last XJS.
    I really liked it, mine was in Pacific blue with the cream leather, it was the 4.2 v8 with the fabled j box, it was a perfect gt. I also had a similar aged db7 after it and to be honest there was nothing between the two, the jag was possibly a touch prettier and a bit less sporty, on the autobahn in the jag doing 120 ish it just felt easy and relaxed. The db7 was more involved. I've always liked a proper gt car a maserati followed the db7, then I started my alfa gt love affair and still drive one those daily.
    20170205_122533.jpg

20170205_122517.jpg

20170205_122558.jpg
    IMG_20160521_112116.jpg
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I really liked it, mine was in Pacific blue with the cream leather, it was the 4.2 v8 with the fabled j box, it was a perfect gt. I also had a similar aged db7 after it and to be honest there was nothing between the two, the jag was possibly a touch prettier and a bit less sporty, on the autobahn in the jag doing 120 ish it just felt easy and relaxed. The db7 was more involved. I've always liked a proper gt car a maserati followed the db7, then I started my alfa gt love affair and still drive one those daily.
    20170205_122533.jpg

20170205_122517.jpg

20170205_122558.jpg
    IMG_20160521_112116.jpg

Lovely cars, CC -{

Unfortunately due to living on a part of the island where the roads are not all that brilliant (potholes, prone to flooding) I need a 4x4 here.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    20170205_122533.jpg

20170205_122517.jpg

20170205_122558.jpg
    IMG_20160521_112116.jpg

Lovely cars, CC -{

Unfortunately due to living on a part of the island where the roads are not all that brilliant (potholes, prone to flooding) I need a 4x4 here.
    I've been down the 4x4 route also, but purely stuck with land rover models, from a series 3 up to a range rover and everything in between.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Every time you forget your password an angel gets electricuted. :o
    A few days ago a near-dead whale came to our shores, and it had to be put out of its misery:

784998a550fe4460b8a5ce77804cbd58

They opened it up and found 30 plastic bags in its stomach, blocking the ingestive system. The whale starved to death because of all the plastic waste in the sea. I urge everyone never to throw platic in nature.

Since some members here are more sensitive than kindergarden kids to the sight of slaughtered animals (and runs to the Mods about it instead of talking to me about it), I'll just post a link to the photo of the stomach;

http://ap.mnocdn.no/images/e717bac9-a768-4815-b9f9-c48bc9f00ce4?fit=crop&q=80&w=780
    Yes, I watched the news footage. A very sad story and an horrific example of "plastics" in the sea.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    We don't know how much time it takes for a plastic bag to biodegrade, but it might be hundreds of years.
    I can't understand people who litter. :# I was always brought up ( and I've taught my own kids ) to
    Either put your rubbish in a litter bin or take it home with you. As the old quote says, you should only
    Leave your footprints behind .
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I agree with me old mucker TP ,its almost like you were never there ,just leave your footprints behind ,bag it and put it in the proper recycle receptacle ,its not bloody rocket science , now one of natures most majestic creatures has had to pay the ultimate price . X-( X-( X-( X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    My mother always brings a textile bag when going shopping. That way she won't need plastic bags. I should learn from her.
    Number24 wrote:
    My mother always brings a textile bag when going shopping. That way she won't need plastic bags. I should learn from her.

we always keep our shopping bags in the trunk of the car ,so no 5p Government tax for AS :D by the way ,is the British government using the 5p tax to build a machine to help clean up the environment or as we suspect ,using it to spend on gold plated government pensions for themselves .
    Same here after they brought in the plastic bag tax, many people have fabric bags for
    Shopping. I think the tax has reduced plastic bag use by over 50%.
    A plastic bag ban is being implemented in the Philippines now. It has reached certain areas but not mine yet X-( . However progress is being made slowly which is better than nothing.
    Good. Norway and other countries should learn from the Philippines when it comes to plastic bags. :007)
    One of my personal annoyances is the emphasis is always put on the ordinary person to cut back
    On their use. Yet the manufacturers can continue to use loads of unnecessary packaging X-(
    One of my personal annoyances is the emphasis is always put on the ordinary person to cut back
    On their use. Yet the manufacturers can continue to use loads of unnecessary packaging X-(

yes TP its always the ordinary bloke/man in the street who has to cut back and tighten his belt :#
    edited February 2017
    The use of essentially non bio degradable materials really should be cut back on, in my business the amount of polystyrene used is absurd, in fact when I had my boat, the marina used large blocks of polystyrene as buoyancy for the pontoons, algae would grow around the waterline of the blocks then the ducks would eat them breaking them up and the marina would be full of small polystyrene balls, which the fish would eat! Obviously this can't be a healthy thing at all! After high water there would be a white shore line around the whole marina, I often wondered the global scale of such polution if that happened in just one small marina
    I absolutely hate that wild animals suffer due to mankind's lack of due diligence for the world we share with them.
    Number24 wrote:

Since some members here are more sensitive than kindergarden kids to the sight of slaughtered animals (and runs to the Mods about it instead of talking to me about it),

That does surprise me N24 I would have thought a pm in your direction from any upset member would be the way to go, did the mods slap your wrists?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited February 2017
    The issue where not the slaughtered animals, it was the bleeding them out and hanging them on their feet and putting them to unnecessary horror.

I did not report it but found the issue disgusting.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    Are you lost for words Higgins?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,362Chief of Staff
    I'm sure he isn't, but please let's not go down that road.